ADVERTISEMENT

There aren't too many things that could get me to vote for Clinton....

DougS

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Donald Trump as the Republican nominee is one of them.

Fortunately, I don't think he is serious, and I don't think he will get the nomination. Personally, I think he would be a very dangerous President.

Fortunately, I don't think he is serious, and I don't think he will get the nomination. Personally, I think he would be a very dangerous President.
I don't think you'll have to worry.

If Trump actually won the nomination, we'd all have to agree it was the final straw signalling the end of the GOP as a legitimate party, right?

I can't wait to see Jon Stewart's take. Probably another bit about wanting to unretire. LOL.

If Trump actually won the nomination, we'd all have to agree it was the final straw signalling the end of the GOP as a legitimate party, right?

I can't wait to see Jon Stewart's take. Probably another bit about wanting to unretire. LOL.

I'll vote for him in a second . . . .

He said:

"Rebuild the country’s infrastructure.

Nobody can do that like me. Believe me. It will be done on time, on budget, way below cost, way below what anyone ever thought."
If he can build stuff at "way below cost" that is exactly the guy we need!

Reactions: Lucy01
We like to accuse Obama of being "The President of 'I'", narcissistic, ego-centric, unwilling to work with the opposition (us)...."

Trump would be The President of 'I' on steroids. I'm surprised you don't recognize that.

He said:

Nobody can do that like me. Believe me. It will be done on time, on budget, way below cost, way below what anyone ever thought."
How do you build anything "way below cost"? You can sell "below cost," but isn't it impossible to build "below cost"?

We like to accuse Obama of being "The President of 'I'", narcissistic, ego-centric, unwilling to work with the opposition (us)...."

Trump would be The President of 'I' on steroids. I'm surprised you don't recognize that.

Sorry doug

I thought my sarcasm was obvious.

Bingo!

I thought Trump's idiocy is plainly seen. Maybe I was wrong. BTW, I think his claimed $8b+ net worth is a crock too.
Sorry for missing your sarcasm. I had an early morning swim practice this morning and have only had one cup of tea so far (switched from coffee and am enjoying mornings a lot more).

Coffee makes you smarter

"Many controlled trials in humans show that coffee improves various aspects of brain function. This includes memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function"
We've invested in one of these. Outstanding cup of coffee. With good quality coffee we drink about half of what we used to consume.

BTW, best tea ever. Seriously, I don't know what he did to make a great tea, but he did it. All the flavors are good but the plain 'ol unsweet is the best.

Coffee makes you smarter

"Many controlled trials in humans show that coffee improves various aspects of brain function. This includes memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function"
We've invested in one of these. Outstanding cup of coffee. With good quality coffee we drink about half of what we used to consume.

BTW, best tea ever. Seriously, I don't know what he did to make a great tea, but he did it. All the flavors are good but the plain 'ol unsweet is the best.

I drink mainly black tea, so I'm still getting caffeine. Plus, supposedly other things in tea cause the caffeine to be absorbed over a longer period of time as well as reducing jitteriness but not mental alertness from caffeine. I'm drinking this one right now, and it is amazingly good: http://www.adagio.com/black/yunnan_noir.html

How do you build anything "way below cost"? You can sell "below cost," but isn't it impossible to build "below cost"?
I think he means below the estimated project cost. My projects come in below cost. You build contingencies into project costs and then work like hell to make sure you don't need to use them. Used or donated equipment or material is always a friendly find and the first thing I look for.

Should have known

you'd be at the high end of tea. How is it over ice? That is the only way I drink tea and I am getting to be a snob with that too. I can't stand almost all restaurant iced teas.

Do you do the ritual thing with brewing loose leaf tea? A friend of mine is really in to that.

Who wouldn't want to watch Trump and Hillary in a debate?

I loved the claim that he will build a wall on the border and make Mexico pay for it. I almost had tea coming out of my nose when he said that. It was the most entertaining speech I have seen. I love seeing other candidates sidestepping questions about Trump today. Candidates seem content on letting Trump talk his way into trouble.

I think he means below the estimated project cost. My projects come in below cost. You build contingencies into project costs and then work like hell to make sure you don't need to use them. Used or donated equipment or material is always a friendly find and the first thing I look for.

Trump said

"below budget" and "below cost" as if they are two different things. You are talking about below budget.

Trump said

"below budget" and "below cost" as if they are two different things. You are talking about below budget.
They are two separate things to a Project Manager. The actual cost is measurable in a project and compared to the budgeted items. If the contractor is going to get the budgeted price regardless of the total cost, then they are the same number to the client.

Trump was taking the Project Manager's view, not the view of a customer writing a check.

Should have known

you'd be at the high end of tea. How is it over ice? That is the only way I drink tea and I am getting to be a snob with that too. I can't stand almost all restaurant iced teas.

Do you do the ritual thing with brewing loose leaf tea? A friend of mine is really in to that.

No idea how it might taste over ice, as I'm not much of an iced tea maker.
As for the ritual thing, LOL. I'm sorry but unless you're at a fancy tea house or showing off for friends at a dinner party, I think that's pretty silly. Hell, I usually drink it out of a disposable paper cup! I do use one of these things most of the time, as it's very convenient and I can resteep 1-2 times: http://www.teavana.com/tea-products/tea-makers-infusers/p/teavana-perfectea-maker At times, I've also just thrown the leaves in a cup and added the water. The leaves will generally sink to the bottom so you can easily decant or drink out of the cup with the leaves still in it.
Also, that tea I linked to is $34 for a pound. If you only steep the leaves once, it comes out to $0.17 a cup--steep twice and it's only $0.08 a cup (and almost all decent teas can be steeped at least twice with absolutely no difference in taste--some can be steeped 3-4 times). That's a lot cheaper than any decent coffee and a lot of teas sold in tea bags.

The tea I linked to is also not really at the "high end." There are teas that sell for thousands of dollars per ounce. When I was in Beijing last year there was a really elaborate tea house in the lobby. Unless I was misreading the menu, the cheapest teas on the menu were nearly $100 for a small pot.

Last edited:
In going through the Forbes List, I found #341. Sri Prakash Lohia, Net Worth: $4.7 B, Source of wealth: polyester.

And to think I gave all my polyester suits and pants to Goodwill.

He said:

How many of the Donald's enterprises have gone bankrupt? Shuttered their doors? The dude's entirely too irresponsible to trust with other people's money . . . .

I drink mainly black tea, so I'm still getting caffeine. Plus, supposedly other things in tea cause the caffeine to be absorbed over a longer period of time as well as reducing jitteriness but not mental alertness from caffeine. I'm drinking this one right now, and it is amazingly good: http://www.adagio.com/black/yunnan_noir.html

Plus almost all teas are absolutely loaded with antioxidants. Different types than what you get from fruits and vegetables, but still loaded.

If any one of the GOP candidates couldn't get you to vote for HRC, despite her many flaws, Doug, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

If any one of the GOP candidates couldn't get you to vote for HRC, despite her many flaws, Doug, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

If anything could get you to vote for HRC, despite her many flaws, Buzz, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution. Man that was too easy.

If anything could get you to vote for HRC, despite her many flaws, Buzz, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution. Man that was too easy.
You only think its easy because you're an uninformed primitive, IUJ. HRC isn't the one proclaiming, w/r/t Intelligent Design, that she's "not a scientist," or noting that the hateful confederate flag flying in South Carolina is a "state problem," or suggesting that the problem we're seeing with racially motivated mass murderers is one of inappropriate medication. If you don't have anything adult to say you should go back to the sandbox.

You only think its easy because you're an uninformed primitive, IUJ. HRC isn't the one proclaiming, w/r/t Intelligent Design, that she's "not a scientist," or noting that the hateful confederate flag flying in South Carolina is a "state problem," or suggesting that the problem we're seeing with racially motivated mass murderers is one of inappropriate medication. If you don't have anything adult to say you should go back to the sandbox.
What about the missing emails or the Clinton Foundation problems? Maybe you enjoy being deceived and lied to, but I don't and neither does the American public. Go ahead support HRC, I chose not to.

As for going back to the sandbox, I would, but I would find your head buried there and that would scare the hell out of me.

Reactions: IUJIM
What about the missing emails or the Clinton Foundation problems? Maybe you enjoy being deceived and lied to, but I don't and neither does the American public. Go ahead support HRC, I chose not to.

As for going back to the sandbox, I would, but I would find your head buried there and that would scare the hell out of me.

I wanna hear about the Clinton Foundation problems. Please elaborate. And don't bother referencing "Clinton Cash", you know, that "bombshell" book that had to have the biggest allegations redacted because they were "factually inaccurate".

I wanna hear about the Clinton Foundation problems. Please elaborate. And don't bother referencing "Clinton Cash", you know, that "bombshell" book that had to have the biggest allegations redacted because they were "factually inaccurate".
You can start with having to refile taxes after "errors" were discovered. Funny how those "errors" weren't brought up by the foundation until after some of the foundations dealings were brought to light. You can do your own reearch from there since you are so sure the Clinton Foundation is squeaky clean.

Don't care what you think about me viz-a-viz the problem Buzz - just glad to see you're still in the game!

Oh, HRC is a badly flawed person, who I trust about as far as I can throw her, but she at least advocates policies based on evidence and actual argument, and isn't pandering to the neanderthal bible-thumpers and arguing that trickle-down economics and deregulation do so work, dammit.

As to the missing e-mails, if you think you're gonna get any political traction with things like that you're dumber than Karl Rove, and he's pretty ****ing dumb. On the other hand, you don't sound much like a potential brain donor either.

Oh, HRC is a badly flawed person, who I trust about as far as I can throw her, but she at least advocates policies based on evidence and actual argument, and isn't pandering to the neanderthal bible-thumpers and arguing that trickle-down economics and deregulation do so work, dammit.

As to the missing e-mails, if you think you're gonna get any political traction with things like that you're dumber than Karl Rove, and he's pretty ****ing dumb. On the other hand, you don't sound much like a potential brain donor either.
"Neanderthal bible thumpers".....that is some quality stuff. And you are questioning others on their intelligence? geeze......

"Neanderthal bible thumpers".....that is some quality stuff. And you are questioning others on their intelligence? geeze......

I'm not: when you check your mind at the door in favor of a primitive superstition, and make assertions which are refuted by all the available evidence, your intelligence doesn't matter, since you're not using it.

Well, studies show there is a negative correlation between years of education and belief in God. A negative correlation between IQ and religiosity.

You can start with having to refile taxes after "errors" were discovered. Funny how those "errors" weren't brought up by the foundation until after some of the foundations dealings were brought to light. You can do your own reearch from there since you are so sure the Clinton Foundation is squeaky clean.

At least we've seen her tax returns, corrected or not. Your last candidate wouldn't even show his returns. Hey, isn't he cheering on some war from some French beach right about now?

I'm not: when you check your mind at the door in favor of a primitive superstition, and make assertions which are refuted by all the available evidence, your intelligence doesn't matter, since you're not using it.
Why don't you just show some decency and respect, or are you not capable?

If you don't believe, that is fine. Your offensive words are disgusting though.

Reactions: IUJay1

Responses like this put you right at the bottom of the brain donor list, keep trying smart guy, you might make it to the first rung of the ladder some day.

At least we've seen her tax returns, corrected or not. Your last candidate wouldn't even show his returns. Hey, isn't he cheering on some war from some French beach right about now?

My last candidate, you have no clue who I voted for in the last election.

Why don't you just show some decency and respect, or are you not capable?

If you don't believe, that is fine. Your offensive words are disgusting though.

I'm not a respecter of primitive superstitions, or the people who order their lives in accordance with them: there's simply nothing there worthy of respect. Your gods, all of them, are psychotic figments of the imagination of bronze-age goatherders, and you've all been committing mass murder over the question of whose psychotic god is the real one since they were all invented, and still are. You and those like you are the least respectable of people.

I'm not a respecter of primitive superstitions, or the people who order their lives in accordance with them: there's simply nothing there worthy of respect. Your gods, all of them, are psychotic figments of the imagination of bronze-age goatherders, and you've all been committing mass murder over the question of whose psychotic god is the real one since they were all invented, and still are. You and those like you are the least respectable of people.

Well, I don't know who this is, but I'm going to go on record that I'm pretty damned sure you're not our Buzz, i.e., the former moderator of the Cooler and tax law expert. If you're not that Buzz, I would ask you to have respect for that Buzz and recant your misuse of his handle.

Reactions: IUJIM and IUJay1
I agree sope

I met Buzz, I know Buzz, this ain't Buzz. Unless maybe was conked on the head by a golf ball that rewired his brain; then all bets are off.

What then is the source of your morality?

Is it entirely self-referential without any objective underpinnings? Then how can you ever know what is right and what is wrong?

We all have essentially the same brain pieces and parts that are the source of our emotions and morality. We all develop and apply those differently. A sociopath's brain is wired and applied in such a way that the individual feels no remorse for anti-social behavior. An example might be slandering and insulting those who develop and apply their natural morality in a different way than you do.

Last edited:
I agree sope

I met Buzz, I know Buzz, this ain't Buzz. Unless maybe was conked on the head by a golf ball that rewired his brain; then all bets are off.
Note the handle is Buzz 123a - the added a to make a difference in registering a name here. Unless there has been a major slippage from the really disrespectful former buzz123 to this version in its full blown assault on people's beliefs, I agree - this one is a fraud- or Rockfish in another disguise.

ADVERTISEMENT