ADVERTISEMENT

The moment Trump (finally) wasn't bulletproof/Serious ? For his supporters

wiede

All-American
Sep 25, 2001
as posted by twenty in another thread, was when he said he was given a REAL Purple Heart, and said he always wanted one. And said (paraphrasing), "that was easy".

Oh, and the vet that gave him the Purple Heart told the press after the rally that he specifically told Trump it was a copy. Not the real Purple Heart. Let me repeat that. The man clearly told Trump it was a copy. And Trump made up a story involving the Purple Heart that was a 180 from what he was told. For zero reason. Literally, it wasn't something he was asked about, or had to address for any reason.

This is after a very public spat with a gold star family, in which he (again) doubled down on a really bad statement/assertion and THEN questioned whether the grieving mother that couldn't speak because she "maybe she wasn't allowed to speak". This is after he famously proposed that we ban all Muslims coming into the country. And the family happens to be Muslim.

If you're keeping score, that's 3 things that he's done to a single family that would doom ANY other politician. Hell, Romney was murdered because he talked about the 47% and said the phrase "binders full of women". Those aren't close to being on the same level as what Trump says, daily at this point. It's absolutely insane the length folks will go to defend his behavior at this point.

And I get it. He is refreshing in some ways. He's off the cuff. He's not a typical politician. However, he's a psychopath that literally only talks about himself. The whole reason he spoke about the Purple Heart was to make the point that the man "had confidence in me".

I don't even know where to begin. The Trump folks that have defended his behavior have essentially said "He's not Hillary. And Hillary lies".

Guess what folks? Hillary has lied. Hell, ALL politicians lie. Politifact has kept track of politician's assertions for quite some time. And it's considered the gold standard for this type of thing. They have six categories of lying. It ranges from "true", to pants on fire. If you add the up the last three categories on the scale, "mostly false", "false" and "pants on fire", you get a pretty good indication about a candidate's propensity to tell the truth at any given moment.

Guess who far and away scores a 75% when these 3 categories are added up? Trump scores a ridiculous 75%. Hillary's score? 29%. Btw, using he same metrics, Cruz was 66%, Bernie was 31%, and Kasich was 30%. BTW, Trump and Cruz's score are unprecedented.

Again, all politicians lie. That's pretty much a sad, but accepted truth.

But they don't do it psychopathically. And habitually. And they damn sure don't lie about something as serious as a Purple Heart. And this is AFTER he has attacked a war hero like John McCain, by saying he likes his Heros essentially not being captured in war.

It's not just that he lies 3/4 of the time, or says really stupid things literally every single day. It's that the man is essentially incapable of NOT lying. Usually, ignorance in key areas of the CoC role would doom a candidate (like how Nukes work). Somehow this is overlooked.

But couple that ignorance, with a lack of basic human decency AND a propensity to double down on mistakes, and you end up with Donald Trump. And it's not just one thing that makes me say these things. It's demonstrated literally almost every day now.

Folks, this is the worst choice we've ever faced as a country.

But if you're still on the Trump train, I have to start questioning what you're willing to put up with at this point. To me, and apparently a fast growing chunk of the American electorate, the man is horribly unfit for any office, let alone the highest in this great country.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU LIE ABOUT A PURPLE HEART??? And basically show that you have no clue about its importance by saying "I've always wanted one, and that was easy"?

He's blown my mind with his complete lack of understanding of basic things Germaine to being the CoC. However, an understanding of a Purple Heart is Germaine to the understanding of being an American. And quite frankly, Germaine to the understanding of being an adult and human being. Those are extreme statements. But it's warranted here.

Let me make a plea to republicans here. Because, sometimes you have to place love of country over party. And, if this situation doesn't make you do it, what will? Please reconsider supporting this poor excuse of a human being, let alone a candidate for the highest office in the world.

Serious question.

What can this man do that will finally make you back off supporting him?

Forget about voting for Hillary. Just not supporting Trump. What's it gonna take?

(*** I'm not happy with what I'm seeing happen to the Republican Party. Trump is tearing it apart. Which may be the point for most- but it's actually giving more power to the dems. In other words, it's going to have the opposite effect. This country needs to have two strong parties to function well)

(*** part deux. Ok. I'm done talking about him. My view is pretty clear now. I literally cannot understand how someone could still support him after this. And I'm genuinely curious about some folk's answers from here. Because, believe it or not, I do look forward to reading everyone's thoughts here- and I do like to see why people believe what they do. Even if it first, it's completely counter to what I'm inclined to initially believe. I'm willing to give "the other side" a chance- and I have changed my mind because of what people have said and posted here)

(***one more time. If Hillary had done the things that Trump has done, there's no way she'd get my vote. Hell, I'm spending time looking into Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. In a normal year, one of those two would get my vote. But my fear of Trump is go great now, I feel you almost have to vote for Clinton to ensure this whack job doesn't get in office)

Let's review the bidding;

1. Trump derides John McCain, saying he's not a war hero because he got caught. He's a loser, a word Trump used frequently at the beginning of his campaign.
2. Trump doesn't like losers and evidently anyone who dies for his or her country must therefore be a loser. Not surprising he has no respect for the senior Khans.
3. Trump accepts a copy of a Purple Heart, which he claims he always wanted. Wait, what? A Purple Heart is given to someone hurt or killed in battle. Someone hurt or killed in battle is a loser in Trump's eyes.

So Trump's saying he always wanted to be a loser. Got it. I'd give him a gold medal on that one. Or maybe a lifetime achievement award.

For me, if he were to put national classified information in a position of being non secure, that would be a nail in the coffin.

If he were to delete information that had been requested by the federal government for investigation purposes, that would be a nail.

If he were to commit perjury in front of congress, nail.

There's probably ( wink wink) a few more, but I have Trump yard signs to deliver.

Hurting someone's feelings, no I'd kick some grass over that shit and move on.

For me, if he were to put national classified information in a position of being non secure, that would be a nail in the coffin.

If he were to delete information that had been requested by the federal government for investigation purposes, that would be a nail.

There's probably ( wink wink) a few more, but I have Trump yard signs to deliver.

Yes, openly mocking people with disabilities...that's who we want to represent our country. That reporter (and those like myself with disabilities) just need to rub some dirt on it, right?

This isn't some one time thing. He has no idea how not to be a narcissistic ass. And "hurting someone's feelings"? So it's cool now for Presidential candidates/Presidents to pick fights with the parents of veterans? The intelligence level of this country decreases every time he speaks.

Oh and I'm voting third party or no one, in case I get bombarded with BENGHAZI responses.

Putin won't need espionage with Trump in the Whitehouse. He or Manafort will just give it to him. What do you need Vlad to help you with your invasion of Estonia?

Yes, openly mocking people with disabilities...that's who we want to represent our country. That reporter (and those like myself with disabilities) just need to rub some dirt on it, right?

This isn't some one time thing. He has no idea how not to be a narcissistic ass. And "hurting someone's feelings"? So it's cool now for Presidential candidates/Presidents to pick fights with the parents of veterans? The intelligence level of this country decreases every time he speaks.

Oh and I'm voting third party or no one, in case I get bombarded with BENGHAZI responses.
It reminds me of RMK's most fervent supporters. They didn't support him even though he was an ass, they supported him because he was an ass.

Reactions: wiede
Many have said this election cycle is like no other because Trump is like no other. Fortunately for all of us, we are seeing conservatives bail on the GOP candidate like never before. In some respects, that may be the most noteworthy aspect to this election. The Koch brothers refusing to finance campaign ads against Hillary. Meg Whitman saying she'll not only vote for Hillary but also donate lots of money to her and her SuperPACs. Has this ever happened before?

In addition to Manafort and several Trump aids reportedly becoming increasingly frustrated with Trump, to the point where they think they're wasting their time, supposedly there are now discussions among GOPers to abandon Trump en masse. That would put Pence in an extremely awkward position.

Anyone know what would happen if Pence decided to withdraw as the vice presidential nominee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT