ADVERTISEMENT

The greatest television there ever was.

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
A lot of people don't know that there is a reason we celebrate Memorial Day on a different day than the rest of hte world (They do it on Nov. 11). The reason is this: while most nations tie Memorial Day to WW1, ours goes back to the Civil War. So I wanted to post this. Have I done it recently? I don't think so. Tom Shales of WaPo said, "This is not good television, nor even great television. This is heroic television." It is still, in all my life, the greatest thing I have ever seen on TV.

I shared this on the AOTF already, but it deserves a spot here.

God bless our Veterans.

A lot of people don't know that there is a reason we celebrate Memorial Day on a different day than the rest of hte world (They do it on Nov. 11). The reason is this: while most nations tie Memorial Day to WW1, ours goes back to the Civil War. So I wanted to post this. Have I done it recently? I don't think so. Tom Shales of WaPo said, "This is not good television, nor even great television. This is heroic television." It is still, in all my life, the greatest thing I have ever seen on TV.

I shared this on the AOTF already, but it deserves a spot here.

God bless our Veterans.

I watch a Ken Burns episode every Sunday night. It is the best television ever. "The Civil War" is upper level History at any university and so easy to access and comprehend. Very nice Sir.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT