ADVERTISEMENT

The bison and block I are dumb and need to go away.

Not if you bundle them.

Good Work Thumbs Up GIF by State Farm

Reactions: Bucket Getter
If you are a zoologist then maybe it makes a difference but he wasn't called Bison Bill Cody and they didn't produce Bison Nickels.
But if that is the hill you want to die on, be my guest.
Well, since Buffalo are native to Africa and Asia and they aren’t even closely related to a Bison, I guess that is the “ hill I want to die on”, because I would be correct. But you be you

Africa and Asia wouldn't have used an english term originally anyway. So it was forced on them during colonialization.

So the USA can claim Buffalo for our species. We won the term in the revolutionary war. I'm sure there's a treaty mentioning it somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Bino
Well, since Buffalo are native to Africa and Asia and they aren’t even closely related to a Bison, I guess that is the “ hill I want to die on”, because I would be correct. But you be you

The biggest point is I DON"T CARE!
EVERYONE knows what someone is talking about when they say the American Buffalo and you are the ONLY one I have seen that gives a shit.
Ken Burns had a PBS special called........ wait for it.....
The American Buffalo.
Good grief.

The biggest point is I DON"T CARE!
EVERYONE knows what someone is talking about when they say the American Buffalo and you are the ONLY one I have seen that gives a shit.
Ken Burns had a PBS special called........ wait for it.....
The American Buffalo.
Good grief.
LOL, you seem to care, you keep responding, and you seem angry. I don’t care who had what special, or what a nickel was called, there still weren’t buffalo in America.

LOL, you seem to care, you keep responding, and you seem angry. I don’t care who had what special, or what a nickel was called, there still weren’t buffalo in America.
Angry, not hardly.
Amused that someone is so bothered by a bison - buffalo distinction.

By the way, you are totally right. Does that make you happy?

If not Bison, what about Pork? Since we have the best Pork tenderloins!

Our new Helmets would have this logo…

images
Careful with that! Pretty sure our friends upstate have already trademarked that one to celebrate incoming coeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Ball State had (has?) a costume mascot, "Charlie Cardinal", with the paper mache head....

I remember at one game in the 1970s' where he was staggering around trying to cheer along, but the heat and probably too much Wild Turkey got the best of him.

Just before halftime he ended up puking out of the bottom of his paper mache head and all over his costume...

He literally puked his head off

... and that's the loudest cheer he received the entire game.

I think that was that guys last game as Charlie Cardinal.
I’m pretty sure I was at that game! Good times.

Thought you DIDN’T CARE ?
I don't care whether they are called buffalo or bison. YOU are the one that started your crusade to enlighten me and everyone else to our erroneous nomenclature of bovine animals.

I will not respond again so you can have the last word since it seems of paramount importance to you.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
So? When was the last sighting of a leprechaun? How far away from Northwestern do you have to go to see a wildcat? Mascots are adopted symbols – not a statement about reality.

What the hell do Candy stripe pants have to do with the reality of our basketball team? Nothing. But we love them. And if I was a football coach my guys be walking around and long pants candy stripes for their warm-ups and walk-throughs too. Not short. Full-blown candy stripes. Because they’re a symbol of IU.

And if we had any kind of a damn sense of imagination, we could adopt a bison and make bison hats, shirts, flags and banners, something fun and important and meaningful. “The Fightin’ Hoosier Bison – the mascot of the Indiana Hoosiers.“

But I doubt if we will. Because history says Hoosiers are a bunch of worthless ignorant boring stick up the butt slackers looking for ears on bar floors. Yeah. We should just stick with that.
I actually liked the ear/floor part..

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
The prairie dog makes as much sense as the buffalo.

Per MTIOTF: "Mascots are adopted symbols – not a statement about reality."
Thus: “The Fightin’ Hoosier Prairie Dogs – the mascot of the Indiana Hoosiers.“
Oh hell yeah...right after the Bison.

We have wolverines, gophers and badgers...why not a P-Dog?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT