ADVERTISEMENT

Tevin Coleman

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
I just did my daily ESPN read..looked at McShank & Griper's mock draft for tonight..I about lost my lunch. Tevin Coleman BEHIND gorDONE and the engine that couldn't stay healthy Gurley. How in the world do these guys get paid to predict draft order??? Amateur hour is on for these two clowns! Here's to hoping the 32 guys that really matter pick wisely and draft the next MVP. GO HOOSIERS!

All of the mock drafts have Gordon and Gurley ahead of Coleman.

We all love Tevin. Hope he does well but Gordon was a better back in college. Coleman was dynamic but nobody can rightly say he should go ahead of Gordon.

Now, Gurley?

That guy was really hyped. Cannot say I watched much of him because he was always injured and had the off field issues.

All of the mock drafts have Gordon and Gurley ahead of Coleman.

We all love Tevin. Hope he does well but Gordon was a better back in college. Coleman was dynamic but nobody can rightly say he should go ahead of Gordon.

Now, Gurley?

That guy was really hyped. Cannot say I watched much of him because he was always injured and had the off field issues.
Well a lot of the same bozos picked Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning and also thought Tom Brady couldn't play in the NFL. Personally I'm not convinced half of these projection jokers could run a greased cork up a pigs heiney. But that's just me

I just did my daily ESPN read..looked at McShank & Griper's mock draft for tonight..I about lost my lunch. Tevin Coleman BEHIND gorDONE and the engine that couldn't stay healthy Gurley. How in the world do these guys get paid to predict draft order??? Amateur hour is on for these two clowns! Here's to hoping the 32 guys that really matter pick wisely and draft the next MVP. GO HOOSIERS!
Good luck to Tevin, but most scouts rate him somewhere between the #3 and #7 running back in the draft, with Gurley and Gordon the consensus top two.

What did these same "experts" think about Tom Brady and Jamarcus Russell? I'm so tired of these draft Jabronis and their predictions. It only takes one team out of 32 to believe in him and he'll be taken tonight.

Nothing is a slam dunk. Tevin is explosive, no one is debating that. The issue I have and other have is how many times do you remember us giving up the ball on 4th down because we could not get 1 yard running the ball. He does not have the ability to move the pile. He good at breaking arm tackles but doesnt break shoulder tackles all that much. For Tevin to be successful in the NFL, its got to be about the right match between play style and players abilities.

I enjoyed Tevin Coleman. And he had a great year for IU, especially with a broken foot. I would also love to bash the ESPN guys, in fact I don't even watch ESPN anymore because of the talking heads they put on. But the truth is that Gurley and Gordon are higher rated guys. I said this way before the Combine. Gurley has all the tools. Gordon has the ability to shift without losing speed. Coleman I look at much more like Reggie Bush. He was a speed edge rusher. That doesn't play ever down in the NFL. Hopefully for Coleman is that he can go to the "right" team who can utilize him in the pass game too. Colts????

BTW, Gurley was taken 10th and Gordon 15th

I think Gurley would be a gamble as a 1st round pick at this point. The combo of limited game time and a serious injury.

Pretty sure I could log 1000 or so yards per season behind the line Gordon had, but he did know how to make the most of it.

Still, those two will go before Coleman. Some team is going to get a steal in Coleman.

Bottom line is Coleman is getting hosed. These executives also drafted Jamarcus Russell with the #1 overall pick. It's complete bullbutter

Well didn't happen tonight. Hope he goes early second round. Us Hoosier fans know how special of an athlete he is. I sure would have liked to have had him back in a Hoosier uniform this upcoming fall. One more season even close to the one he had could have put in in the first round next year. Just selfish wishing I guess. VBG

I about threw up in my mouth last night watching the two other RBs get drafted before Coleman. I've tried to understand what these GMs could possibly be thinking and for the life of me I just can't come up with anything. If there's a positive I hope this gives him added motivation to prove the doubters wrong. I hope he goes to the right system tonight where he can succeed. Go Hoosiers!

I love Tevin Coleman, and have hopes that the Falcons might take him at 42, and not just because he's an IU guy; I think he can really help the Falcons as an edge runner in a zone scheme.

But lay off Gurley . . . I've watched him extensively, and he's a prototypical NFL every down running back who can catch passes out of the backfield, move the pile, change direction, and flat out run away from guys. Sure he had an ACL tear, but what he had was nowhere near what Willis McGahee had . . .

. . . Gurley's deserving of a high pick. That takes nothing away from Coleman.

I love Tevin Coleman, and have hopes that the Falcons might take him at 42, and not just because he's an IU guy; I think he can really help the Falcons as an edge runner in a zone scheme.

But lay off Gurley . . . I've watched him extensively, and he's a prototypical NFL every down running back who can catch passes out of the backfield, move the pile, change direction, and flat out run away from guys. Sure he had an ACL tear, but what he had was nowhere near what Willis McGahee had . . .

. . . Gurley's deserving of a high pick. That takes nothing away from Coleman.
As is Melvin Gordon, who's been the best among several great backs in the Big Ten over the last couple of seasons. Rather than tear them down, both Gurley and Gordon are highly deserving of their draft positions and should be congratulated for their accomplishments. Hopefully, Coleman will be picked this evening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT