ADVERTISEMENT

Tayven Jackson Rumors....

Commenting that someone isn't a winner would have been an insult in 1950 as well.

And it didn't add anything to your post
Dude, give it a rest. I didn’t imply Trayce wasn’t a winner. He’s obviously more accomplished than Tayven, but his teams haven’t won as much. That’s a fact. Saying someone is more of a winner doesn’t mean the other is a loser. Damn. It really is 2023.

Dude, give it a rest. I didn’t imply Trayce wasn’t a winner. He’s obviously more accomplished than Tayven, but his teams haven’t won as much. That’s a fact. Saying someone is more of a winner doesn’t mean the other is a loser. Damn. It really is 2023.
Dude, most people would taken that as an insult.

Give it a rest acting like it is not

Low volume number of rushing and passing attempts during his career at Center Grove. Handed the ball off a ton to Carson Steele and Brandon Weems for most of his career. Avg 12 passing attempts a game for his career and CG ran a very pedestrian passing attack...they didn't need too.

Has talent but is extremely raw, needs a ton of coaching and development. Not sure that's in Walt Bell's wheelhouse.
Boy he sure fooled 30 big time schools who recruited him and ended up at a second-rate football school like Tennessee.

Somehow I'm not too fired up over this kid. He didn't want to be here out of high school, he has zero stats from UT, and apparently doesn't like contact. Not to mention his high school film never shows a deep ball???

Color me in the wait and see camp, not sure this kid ticks any of the boxes we need.
I believe that he was looking at three years behind McCulley at QB when he was coming out of HS which may have led to his decision To look elsewhere. Now he can throw the ball to him.

Boy he sure fooled 30 big time schools who recruited him and ended up at a second-rate football school like Tennessee.
And never took a snap and has already left the program. What the hell is your point? Don’t get me started on the number of Indy area QBs who have jumped at their biggest offer and have flamed out.

-Gunner Kiel
-Brandon Peters
-Hunter Johnson
-Tommy Stevens

And those are guys just in the last 10 years. Jackson has proven absolutely nothing at this level and has a long road ahead of him and doesn’t really have the greatest of coaching structure behind him.

Last edited:
And never took a snap and has already left the program. What the hell is your point? Don’t get me started on the number of Indy area QBs who have jumped at their biggest offer and have flamed out.

-Gunner Kiel
-Brandon Peters
-Hunter Johnson
-Tommy Stevens

And those are guys just in the last 10 years. Jackson has proven absolutely nothing at this level and has a long road ahead of him and doesn’t really have the greatest of coaching structure behind him.
C’mon man. He’s not Joe Burrow, but damn man, give him a chance. In my opinion, he’s an acquired taste.

-Gunner Kiel
-Brandon Peters
-Hunter Johnson
-Tommy Stevens

He did take some limited snaps at UT. Not much but he did see game action last year.

2022 - FRESHMAN

Logged one completion for nine yards against UT Martin (10/22) and rushed for nine yards, as well ... Completed his first collegiate pass against Akron (9/17) and finished the game 2-for-2 with 28 yards while scoring his first touchdown, a 1-yard scamper into the checkerboards in the fourth quarter ... Made his collegiate debut in the fourth quarter of the season opener vs. Ball State (9/1) and attempted one rush for no gain.

He did take some limited snaps at UT. Not much but he did see game action last year.

2022 - FRESHMAN

Logged one completion for nine yards against UT Martin (10/22) and rushed for nine yards, as well ... Completed his first collegiate pass against Akron (9/17) and finished the game 2-for-2 with 28 yards while scoring his first touchdown, a 1-yard scamper into the checkerboards in the fourth quarter ... Made his collegiate debut in the fourth quarter of the season opener vs. Ball State (9/1) and attempted one rush for no gain.
Ideally he is the starter in 2024. That said, he may be ready sooner. Either way we need one more QB.

Ideally he is the starter in 2024. That said, he may be ready sooner. Either way we need one more QB.
I think the big concern is hat he doesn’t want to wait around. He said going into Tennessee that he wanted to start as a frosh. If he waits behind someone this year, not sure he won’t be in the portal again?

They may be done recruiting the position. There really aren’t many options out there for an experienced “better” qb
4 scholarship qbs, while younger, is probably the number they want on hand.
The problem is one of the four isn't likely to be able to play this year. It would be great if Williams could play this year but it is very unlikely.

I’m not
I hope you’re right. I can’t find any info on your link.
I’m not sure what happened to the link. The story I linked was about the portal changes. Here is another story

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT