ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game ramblings.... Long

82IUGraduate

Freshman
Aug 7, 2006
Took my son in law and grandson to the activities on Saturday. Beautiful day for a scrimmage. Love the free food and they had neat things to do for the kids. My grandson, who is almost four, enjoyed the day and did not want to leave. I got to.
meet Touchdown Teddy and TD aka Tandon Doss and got them to sign my grandsons football. Both former players were very kind and respectful to this old man. Also got to meet Coach Frey and he signed the ball for us as well. Seemed like a great guy. I got to meet D. Macs wife and we talked about the running backs. She talked them all up like they were her own kids. She said we are lucky to have the guys we have and that the walk ons will surprise us. Very beautiful and classy lady. Way to go Coach Mac!

Now some thoughts about the team and the game. I had to leave at the half due to son in law needed to get back home. I missed some of Zander shining moments. He did not play very well in the first half. Suds looked pretty sharp. Nice TD throw and catch by Corsaro. Suds threw a pick that D Latham snatched up and I cringed when Nate tried to tackle big old 98. Not a smart move cause we need a healthy NS. Heckuva play by Darius. Mitchell Paige made a nice run after a catch. Looks like he has some wheels. Jordan Howard and M. Hawkins both look like BIG sized athletes. Our Olinemen looked like BIG type linemen. Gooch and most of the linebackers pass the look test. Heard Ryan Watercutters name over the PA a few times. He might be a real sleeper in the lb corp. Deondre Love looked every bit as big as advertised. Thought i saw James Brewer on the sidelines and a young recruit was walking close to him that looked to have the name of Isaiah Brewer. The kid looked every bit of 6'6'' but not sure if i read the nametag correctly. Just wondering if they were related. The running backs didnt show any Tevin Coleman moves but they hit the holes pretty hard. Didnt see Tommy Mister,not sure if he was held out and not quite ready yet. Speaking of TC, they honored him during a break and he got the love from the crowd he so richly deserves.

Over all i was pleased with the defense and their tackling. We need to work on passing game and keep improving with Cobbs,R Jones,Harris and Booth.
Saturday has me excited for another season.

What happened to all the trees and limestone on 37. Didn't seem like going into Bloomington?

I believe that the former gov called it MAJOR MOVES.....some of us call it MAJOR S**T
Those of us who make frequent trips to southwestern Indiana call it "major relief". I've been anxiously awaiting this for the past twenty-five years. Thank God it's going to be completed soon

Took my son in law and grandson to the activities on Saturday. Beautiful day for a scrimmage. Love the free food and they had neat things to do for the kids. My grandson, who is almost four, enjoyed the day and did not want to leave. I got to.
meet Touchdown Teddy and TD aka Tandon Doss and got them to sign my grandsons football. Both former players were very kind and respectful to this old man. Also got to meet Coach Frey and he signed the ball for us as well. Seemed like a great guy. I got to meet D. Macs wife and we talked about the running backs. She talked them all up like they were her own kids. She said we are lucky to have the guys we have and that the walk ons will surprise us. Very beautiful and classy lady. Way to go Coach Mac!

Now some thoughts about the team and the game. I had to leave at the half due to son in law needed to get back home. I missed some of Zander shining moments. He did not play very well in the first half. Suds looked pretty sharp. Nice TD throw and catch by Corsaro. Suds threw a pick that D Latham snatched up and I cringed when Nate tried to tackle big old 98. Not a smart move cause we need a healthy NS. Heckuva play by Darius. Mitchell Paige made a nice run after a catch. Looks like he has some wheels. Jordan Howard and M. Hawkins both look like BIG sized athletes. Our Olinemen looked like BIG type linemen. Gooch and most of the linebackers pass the look test. Heard Ryan Watercutters name over the PA a few times. He might be a real sleeper in the lb corp. Deondre Love looked every bit as big as advertised. Thought i saw James Brewer on the sidelines and a young recruit was walking close to him that looked to have the name of Isaiah Brewer. The kid looked every bit of 6'6'' but not sure if i read the nametag correctly. Just wondering if they were related. The running backs didnt show any Tevin Coleman moves but they hit the holes pretty hard. Didnt see Tommy Mister,not sure if he was held out and not quite ready yet. Speaking of TC, they honored him during a break and he got the love from the crowd he so richly deserves.

Over all i was pleased with the defense and their tackling. We need to work on passing game and keep improving with Cobbs,R Jones,Harris and Booth.
Saturday has me excited for another season.

Thanks for the report. Always good to read these and hear interesting tidbits. I am excited for this year. Could be CKW's breakout year.

Reactions: 82IUGraduate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT