ADVERTISEMENT

speech by Ted Cruz calling out Mitch McConnell

IU1

Hall of Famer
Apr 3, 2002
There's something for everyone in this speech. He specifically calls out McConnell on the export/import bank but touches on the larger issue of trust in government and that there is virtually no difference between parties when it comes to government aristocracies.

There is atleast one person left in government calling for government accountability.

There's something for everyone in this speech. He specifically calls out McConnell on the export/import bank but touches on the larger issue of trust in government and that there is virtually no difference between parties when it comes to government aristocracies.

There is atleast one person left in government calling for government accountability.

And who is that? Surely you aren't speaking of Cruz? The same one that shut the government down, costing millions of dollars, for a cause he knew was hopeless. That Ted Cruz?

And who is that? Surely you aren't speaking of Cruz? The same one that shut the government down, costing millions of dollars, for a cause he knew was hopeless. That Ted Cruz?

Cruz is a Canadian communist. He has to be a communist since his father is from Cuba.

See, you don't have to be a republican to make ridiculous claims about a politician.

Cruz is a Canadian communist. He has to be a communist since his father is from Cuba.

See, you don't have to be a republican to make ridiculous claims about a politician.
No idea what you are talking about with your bizarre response? So I will pose a question, did you watch any of the video and what are your thoughts on it?

No idea what you are talking about with your bizarre response? So I will pose a question, did you watch any of the video and what are your thoughts on it?

Yes, and my response is Cruz is full of shit. He's a self righteous shithead who has shown he is willing to shut down the government and put poor people out of work for absolutely no reason. Cruz is either too stupid to know he's actually talking about himself or he's so full of shit he just doesn't care and can say anything with a straight face and/or smile.

I didn't, but have you seen gold prices lately? Your predictions are getting more amusing by the day.

Cruz is just as bad as everyone else. He is full of crap.

Cruz is just as bad as everyone else. He is full of crap.
This is a typical ignorant post so I will ask you, did you watch the video and if so which part did you agree or disagree with it? Please add some substance to this board. If you are a a left wing sycophant just say so. If you are a McConnell sycophant please say so. Just give us something that is a coherent thought and responds to the topic. Thank you.

Reactions: stollcpa
Cruz is politically a joke. He's a right-wing extremist by any measure, and he's only popular among other right-wing extremists. Democrats hate him, independents hate him, and, importantly, many Republicans hate him. He only polls well among self-identified Tea Partiers and Very Conservative Republicans. He won't get enough money or endorsements to win the nomination, and if he somehow does win it, he'll get crushed in the general election.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Cruz is politically a joke. He's a right-wing extremist by any measure, and he's only popular among other right-wing extremists. Democrats hate him, independents hate him, and, importantly, many Republicans hate him. He only polls well among self-identified Tea Partiers and Very Conservative Republicans. He won't get enough money or endorsements to win the nomination, and if he somehow does win it, he'll get crushed in the general election.
So I will ask you, did you watch his speech? You rip Cruz but in this speech he really exposed that there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats. With your response is it safe to say you align yourself with big government and you side with President Obama rather than Senator Obama?

So I will ask you, did you watch his speech? You rip Cruz but in this speech he really exposed that there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats. With your response is it safe to say you align yourself with big government and you side with President Obama rather than Senator Obama?
No, I didn't watch the speech. The reason I didn't, and the reason I won't, is because Cruz isn't someone to be taken seriously. At least Trump offers entertainment value, but Cruz is just a downer, and he has exactly zero chance of becoming President.

No, I didn't watch the speech. The reason I didn't, and the reason I won't, is because Cruz isn't someone to be taken seriously. At least Trump offers entertainment value, but Cruz is just a downer, and he has exactly zero chance of becoming President.
I'm disappointed that you choose to bury your head in ignorance rather than listen for content and make an educated opinion, but that doesn't make you unique. There are many who choose sides and follow the sheep rather than reading, analyzing, and formulating an opinion. In this video Cruz actually expresses admiration for Bernie Sanders and Senator Obama while holding Republican "leadership" accountable for corporate welfare. His remarks about the common man not knowing what the export/import bank is should resonate with all small business owners. Instead you "Ostrich."

It is time the world wakes up and holds our elected representatives accountable.

I'm disappointed that you choose to bury your head in ignorance rather than listen for content and make an educated opinion, but that doesn't make you unique. There are many who choose sides and follow the sheep rather than reading, analyzing, and formulating an opinion. In this video Cruz actually expresses admiration for Bernie Sanders and Senator Obama while holding Republican "leadership" accountable for corporate welfare. His remarks about the common man not knowing what the export/import bank is should resonate with all small business owners. Instead you "Ostrich."

It is time the world wakes up and holds our elected representatives accountable.
Sigh...

This is why I didn't make any assumption or judgment about the video. It's 20 minutes long. I was simply explaining why I chose not to spend 20 minutes on this man. He could be the second coming of Jesus, and he'd still be unelectable.

I get what you're saying, really. But don't read more into what I said than what is there. Cruz is a right-wing fanatic. This is a fact. He is unelectable because of it. This is also a fact. Ignorance did not teach me those facts. Actually learning about Ted Cruz taught me those facts. Now that I know them, I choose not to spend 20 minutes listening to Mr. Irrelevant speak.

Now, late tonight, right before bed, with a beer in my hands, and nothing else happening on the old interwebz, maybe I'll make a different choice...

What I see with Ted Cruz is the new Joe "tail gunner" McCarthy, just looking for his issue to be able to take control of everybody.

Sigh...

This is why I didn't make any assumption or judgment about the video. It's 20 minutes long. I was simply explaining why I chose not to spend 20 minutes on this man. He could be the second coming of Jesus, and he'd still be unelectable.

I get what you're saying, really. But don't read more into what I said than what is there. Cruz is a right-wing fanatic. This is a fact. He is unelectable because of it. This is also a fact. Ignorance did not teach me those facts. Actually learning about Ted Cruz taught me those facts. Now that I know them, I choose not to spend 20 minutes listening to Mr. Irrelevant speak.

Now, late tonight, right before bed, with a beer in my hands, and nothing else happening on the old interwebz, maybe I'll make a different choice...

That will totally ruin your buzz. Drink afterwards.

So you align yourself with the Tea Party?

Interesting speech.
Worth the listen.
Thanks for posting.

Senate rules are widely misunderstood, and are the main cause of campaign promises turning into campaign lies.

Cruz is a smart guy, but I first met Mitch McConnell in 1984, when he was looking for grass-root support for his campaign outisde his home county. He had interned for Sen. John Sherman Cooper* (whom Kentucky Republicans viewed as the best Kentucky Senator since Henry Clay) and Sen. Marlowe Cook. He had never run for any state-wide office, and was running against a 2-term Senator (Dee Huddleston) from far western Kentucky. I know his biographer, and a couple of folks here who have his ear. He typically decides what is the 1 thing that will swing an election, and he decides about a year before others make that call. He thens pounds that issue constantly, and he doesn't lose ... and he doesn't make "mistakes." He syas nothing unplanned. It will be intertesting to see if he and Cruz ever break bread again.

* Interesting side note - Cooper was eventually replaced by Dee Huddleston, whom McConnell defeated to go to the Senate.

Refusing to read or listen to folks who disagree with you politically is a mistake.

At least Trump offers entertainment value, but Cruz is just a downer
This is entertainment:

Filibusters---Cruz-Green-Eggs-and-Ham-jpg.jpg

I agree. But what in the world would make you think I refuse to listen to folks who disagree with me?

Umm, the posts you made in this thread, like the one where you said you didn't listen to the Cruz speech but dismissed him as crazy rightwingloonteapartyyfoxnewser anyway.

The responses to posts I read on this board are now 100% predictable.

Umm, the posts you made in this thread, like the one where you said you didn't listen to the Cruz speech but dismissed him as crazy rightwingloonteapartyyfoxnewser anyway.

The responses to posts I read on this board are now 100% predictable.
Then perhaps you missed the part where I explained that I drew my conclusions about Cruz from actually listening to him.

Refusing to read or listen to folks who disagree with you politically is a mistake.
You're right the responses on here are predictable. We have a Senator calling out his party for lying and doing the same things the Dems did when they controlled Congress and posters here are criticizing him for it. They must be part of the 8% that approve of Congress? Either that or they're huge fans off the Ex/Im bank, or big corporate America?

You're right the responses on here are predictable. We have a Senator calling out his party for lying and doing the same things the Dems did when they controlled Congress and posters here are criticizing him for it. They must be part of the 8% that approve of Congress? Either that or they're huge fans off the Ex/Im bank, or big corporate America?
Who criticized Cruz for calling out other Senators? As far as I know, only other Senators did.

Who criticized Cruz for calling out other Senators? As far as I know, only other Senators did.
I was disappointed people didn't listen for content and the responses I got were mostly negative. So I assume that people like McConnell more than Cruz or they love the export-import bank because they directly benefit from it? I don't benefit from it and I am looking for people in government who are accountable, even if that means being unpopular or not following the flock. I thought it was great he pointed out the differences in Senator Obama and President Obama and that there hasn't been much of a change from Harry Reid to Mitch McConnell. His candor was refreshing.

I was disappointed people didn't listen for content and the responses I got were mostly negative. So I assume that people like McConnell more than Cruz or they love the export-import bank because they directly benefit from it? I don't benefit from it and I am looking for people in government who are accountable, even if that means being unpopular or not following the flock. I thought it was great he pointed out the differences in Senator Obama and President Obama and that there hasn't been much of a change from Harry Reid to Mitch McConnell. His candor was refreshing.
My comment was admittedly not responsive to your video, and I probably never should have made it. I'll cop to that. But I was very clearly simply explaining why I thought Cruz was irrelevant. I really don't think it's fair for you to turn it into some broad comment about how I must be in love with corrupt politicians.

My comment was admittedly not responsive to your video, and I probably never should have made it. I'll cop to that. But I was very clearly simply explaining why I thought Cruz was irrelevant. I really don't think it's fair for you to turn it into some broad comment about how I must be in love with corrupt politicians.
I'm not calling you out, it was interesting that the signal-to-noise ratio on Cruz was worse than McConnell. What I thought I might get from the video was that the speech was inspiring to small business owners, single women, tax payers, etc. Cruz is holding the Senate's feet to the fire and naming names. Rarely do people inside the beltway break the mold. I am undecided on who I will vote for but this guy gets my attention.

I also have respect for Bernie Sanders for his ability to stick to his beliefs. What I think would be a horrendous outcome for the country is Clinton vs. Bush. We have got to change the way we do business.

I'm not calling you out, it was interesting that the signal-to-noise ratio on Cruz was worse than McConnell. What I thought I might get from the video was that the speech was inspiring to small business owners, single women, tax payers, etc. Cruz is holding the Senate's feet to the fire and naming names. Rarely do people inside the beltway break the mold. I am undecided on who I will vote for but this guy gets my attention.

I also have respect for Bernie Sanders for his ability to stick to his beliefs. What I think would be a horrendous outcome for the country is Clinton vs. Bush. We have got to change the way we do business.
I would not mind a Cruz vs. Sanders race. Not at all. Two radically different versions of what America should be, fighting it out? I think our country would be screwed if Cruz won, but at least the voters would be given two distinct choices, and the result would genuinely matter. But, Bush vs. Clinton seems most likely.

Unfortunately, I have two overriding concerns that pretty much prevent me from voting for a Republican, no matter how much I dislike the Democratic nominee:
1. I don't trust the Republicans on the environment.
2. I don't want a Republican naming Supreme Court justices.

Those two concerns are more important to me than just about any other at the moment. As such, even though I'm not a big fan of Hillary, if she's the nominee, I'm very likely to walk in there, let out a big sigh of resignation, and hit the button next to her name.

I would not mind a Cruz vs. Sanders race. Not at all. Two radically different versions of what America should be, fighting it out? I think our country would be screwed if Cruz won, but at least the voters would be given two distinct choices, and the result would genuinely matter. But, Bush vs. Clinton seems most likely.

Unfortunately, I have two overriding concerns that pretty much prevent me from voting for a Republican, no matter how much I dislike the Democratic nominee:
1. I don't trust the Republicans on the environment.
2. I don't want a Republican naming Supreme Court justices.

Those two concerns are more important to me than just about any other at the moment. As such, even though I'm not a big fan of Hillary, if she's the nominee, I'm very likely to walk in there, let out a big sigh of resignation, and hit the button next to her name.
Supreme Court justice is always my main concern. And it truly saddens me that all aspects are so political. It seems like more cases should be black and white , according to the law. Sadly, all too often, you know how the vote is going to go.

My clients are Corporate America, so I side with my clients' interests. Sorry your bunker and gold hoarding didn't work out.

Isn't that the Teabaggers' calling card? We're not calling out Cruz for that speech in particular (I too didn't bother to listen),but for what he has said previously and what he actually believes.It's not like we haven't been exposed to him before...

He's the poster boy for the Tea Party,and that means moderates/centrists disdain him as much as us left wing loonies.It's like Goat said he's unelectable.

Here's the reality.If Obama wasn't constitutionally banned from running for a 3rd term,he'd still win (probably handily) against most if not all of the current occupants of the clown car.

I know that flies in the face of everything the far right believes,but the reality is that the electoral college and the changing demographic of the new electorate puts the GOP (especially Tea Party types) at a distinct disadvantage in Presidential elections.Any Dem starts out with a huge electoral advantage in solid blue,populous states and the GOP challenger faces an uphill battle in key swing states...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT