ADVERTISEMENT

Softball team wins elimination game with 7th inning rally...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
They were down 2-0 to Louisville going into the 6th inning and they plated one run in the 6th and three runs in the 7th to win 4-2 and move on and play Tennessee again at 4:55 p.m. ET today. They will have to beat the Vols twice to move on. IU went 3-0 against the Cards this season to include two wins in the regional.

Last edited:
IU Softball Twitter page says 4:55 p.m. E.T.
Yes. The softball page at iuhoosiers.com had 6 p.m. when I first looked at it and now they have the 4:55 time up on the article on the game. I made the editing change to the first post. Thanks.

Reactions: jdwIUfan
Ladies lost 7-3.
IU went 2-2 in a regional in which the Vols were overwhelming favorites to win it and they breezed through the competition.

I didn't follow the softball program much during the season, but it was a great season for IU playing in a cold weather conference that has obvious disadvantages that are the same as with baseball programs. Michigan used to compete against the nation's best and could recruit based on their reputation, but even they have fallen back and had a really bad season this year compared to the past. It's difficult to recruit against schools that can offer year-around training outdoors and the inducement of playing for a team that can make it to the women's Softball World Series in Oklahoma City. Usually the best the cold weather teams can do is make it to a regional like IU did. The NIL deals for softball that they have now at schools like in the SEC, are probably better at those schools because of the elevation of their programs over time.

I could go on and on, but I will get off my soap box.

IU went 2-2 in a regional in which the Vols were overwhelming favorites to win it and they breezed through the competition.

I didn't follow the softball program much during the season, but it was a great season for IU playing in a cold weather conference that has obvious disadvantages that are the same as with baseball programs. Michigan used to compete against the nation's best and could recruit based on their reputation, but even they have fallen back and had a really bad season this year compared to the past. It's difficult to recruit against schools that can offer year-around training outdoors and the inducement of playing for a team that can make it to the women's Softball World Series in Oklahoma City. Usually the best the cold weather teams can do is make it to a regional like IU did. The NIL deals for softball that they have now at schools like in the SEC, are probably better at those schools because of the elevation of their programs over time.

I could go on and on, but I will get off my soap box.
In watching IU play against southern schools in the Clearwater Invitational and then going against Tennessee in the regional, I feel that the Hoosiers have a good team. But the top teams in the south are just on another level. I hope we can continue the progress and get to the CWS, but it will be a challenge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT