ADVERTISEMENT

Sinnard out for 2024 with surgery

I wondered what was going on with him since they seemed to put a lid on his status ever since he was pulled in the WVU game. I assume it's Tommy John surgery. This is a big loss considering he was going to be the anchor of our pitching staff and he was one of the top returning pitchers in the B1G.

Last edited:
I wondered what was going on with him since they seemed to put a lid on his status ever since he was pulled in the WVU game. I assume it's Tommy John surgery. This a big loss considering he was going to be the anchor of our pitching staff and he was one of the top returning pitchers in the B1G.
Yep. Had seen Sinnard in several early-round 2024 mock projections as well.

Kraft and Risedorph the primary starters as of now? Is Manase healthy?

Whitaker? Phillips? Both had some success as freshmen.

I can't remember if Bothwell has any eligibility left or not.

Seems like Foley is probably the best candidate to close.

Hopefully we get Holderfield back for '24.

Yep. Had seen Sinnard in several early-round 2024 mock projections as well.

Kraft and Risedorph the primary starters as of now? Is Manase healthy?

Whitaker? Phillips? Both had some success as freshmen.

I can't remember if Bothwell has any eligibility left or not.

Seems like Foley is probably the best candidate to close.

Hopefully we get Holderfield back for '24.
Manase is another player that there seems to be a lid on about exactly what his status is. He didn't pitch in the regional that I can recall, and in fact, I don't believe he was with the team down in Lexington.

I'm fairly sure that Bothwell has another season of eligibility left. He had a good 2022 season and then his pitching went south for much of the 2023 season, but he came around and pitched really well at the end of the season and in the regional. He could definitely be part of the weekend rotation along with Kraft and Risedorph if he picks up where he left off.

As you mentioned, here's hoping Holderfield is ready to go next season, and it would be a huge surprise if Foley is not the primary closer.

The other freshmen as you mentioned had an up and down season and Phillips was one of the players of the week in the B1G.

We don't know what we have in the pitcher transfers coming in until the new season starts, as well as with the freshmen pitchers coming in.

I hate that news. Didn’t they pull him mid-hitter? Kinda had a bad feeling as soon as they pulled him. Hope he’s able to come back better than ever. Seems like TJ surgery is all too common these days.

Reactions: ulrey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT