ADVERTISEMENT

Progress?

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Lotsa new features. But can I delete all posts from certain posters on my device? (Insert emoticon if possible).

What's the use of posting amusing, provocative, or snarky titles if they can't be readily viewed? (Insert another emoticon)

Reactions: Noodle
I want my thread view back! (or whatever it was called) How do you figure out who someone was replying to in a post deep in a thread when they are arranged chronologically rather than in an indented form?

and why does everyone have 36 trophies? can we sell them? And CO, I just gave you your first like. :p

I want my thread view back! (or whatever it was called) How do you figure out who someone was replying to in a post deep in a thread when they are arranged chronologically rather than in an indented form?
So let's see how this works--I replied to my own message so it automatically inserted the quote. I guess that helps keep track of everything as long as people use it, but what happens when there are replies, to replies, to replies, to a 500 word essay reply by Goat, to a 300 page OP by Rock ???

So let's see how this works--I replied to my own message so it automatically inserted the quote. I guess that helps keep track of everything as long as people use it, but what happens when there are replies, to replies, to replies, to a 500 word essay reply by Goat, to a 300 page OP by Rock ???
Ahhhh...I see...the little arrow thingy, and if you click on it you jump to the post it was replying to.

I still liked the old style better.

Ahhhh...I see...the little arrow thingy, and if you click on it you jump to the post it was replying to.

I still liked the old style better.

One more thing---any reply posts from before the switch to the new system do not include any indication of what post it was replying to. I suppose, like everything (except Windows 8), we'll all get used to it soon enough and will like it better than the old system.

I have always hated topic view, though it is what more people like.

I have always hated topic view, though it is what more people like.
And there is the reason I hate topic view. It is harder to follow. In the old thread system, the above would have been right below Noodle's post. It makes it easier to follow discussions as they diverge from the main post. Now if you want to jump in on a back and forth between 2 people, it is harder to find where exactly that discussion is. Again, it is popular so I get why they do it. But I think it is popular in people who just like to chip in a simple "+1" or "you are an idiot". For real discussions, no way is this as good. But I guess we'll adjust.

And there is the reason I hate topic view. It is harder to follow. In the old thread system, the above would have been right below Noodle's post. It makes it easier to follow discussions as they diverge from the main post. Now if you want to jump in on a back and forth between 2 people, it is harder to find where exactly that discussion is. Again, it is popular so I get why they do it. But I think it is popular in people who just like to chip in a simple "+1" or "you are an idiot". For real discussions, no way is this as good. But I guess we'll adjust.
Why not both? Very hard for me understand thread now.

Why not both? Very hard for me understand thread now.

It's hard enough for native English speakers. I can only imagine the difficulty this change has caused for those who speak English as their second language. They need to press abort on this change.

Lotsa new features. But can I delete all posts from certain posters on my device? (Insert emoticon if possible).

What's the use of posting amusing, provocative, or snarky titles if they can't be readily viewed? (Insert another emoticon)
This may be the absolute worst change in a product since New Coke.

It could rank up there with the Edsel.

Unless Peegs has negotiated a unique deal, if his income from this is based on views/posts, his income is bound to take a precipitous plunge.

At least bring back a thread view option. This sucks donkey balls.

This may be the absolute worst change in a product since New Coke.

It could rank up there with the Edsel.

Unless Peegs has negotiated a unique deal, if his income from this is based on views/posts, his income is bound to take a precipitous plunge.

At least bring back a thread view option. This sucks donkey balls.

You will get used to it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT