ADVERTISEMENT

Posted this on premium fball board too - Can Coleman help Colts? (LINK)

Donald Brown is 5' 10" and 210 lbs . . .

Tevin is 6'1" and 210 lbs . . . I don't see how Tevin is any more of a "power" runner than Brown is.

Tevin's style of gaining yards works very well in a zone blocking scheme where getting the 55 yard run to compensate for 6 or 7 two-yard runs makes sense. But that's not a power running scheme. A power running scheme is one where the line and back virtually assure you 4 yards every time the back carries the ball, and 6-9 yard runs are common, but anything more than 15 yards is extremely rare. A power game is like watching RMK's teams before the shot clock . . . no flash and dash, but over time a virtual certainty to make something positive happen on every play.

I don't know whether Tevin can be that kind of back in the NFL, as there's nothing in his history at IU to suggest that he will.

I wouldn't choose a RB in the first round

but if he is there in the late second round then I wouldpick hime. You can get RB"s later in the draft so I would use the first round pick on a more pressing need like the OL.

This post was edited on 12/18 7:09 PM by IU Scott

I know that . . .

the article linked in the OP discussed Donald Brown as not being appropriate for the Colts' offense because the GM and coaching staff didn't think he was a power back.

Try to keep up.

Tevin is much more of a power back than Brown is

I'm not sold that he's only 210lbs either. I've stood beside the guy and if he's 210, then I'm 300...

And well, I'm not that big...

ESPN and IU site list him at 210lbs, but it sure would appear that they may have just forgot to update it since his freshman year. His biceps and quads alone show me he's bigger than 210...

And Coleman has a lot more power runner in his game than Brown does.... Brown was never a "burst through the line for a tough 3 yards" kind of guy. Tevin can do that for you.
This post was edited on 12/19 8:20 AM by Hoosier Haze

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT