ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Who Should Pacers Draft

Who Should the Pacers Draft

• Total voters

HA2740

All-Big Ten
Oct 3, 2012
Assuming each of the following are available, who would you like to see them pick. Honestly, I like WCS because he excels with a translatable skill: he can defend multiple positions. And because he can step away from the basket, its not like a team can neutralize him or get him off the court just by going small.

But Indy is so desperate for scoring, I think you have to roll the dice on whichever one of these guys you think can be a 20 ppg scorer. And between Turner, Kaminsky, and Lyles, and I can't say which one I like better than the others to be that.

Last edited:
Assuming each of the following are available, who would you like to see them pick. Honestly, I like WCS because he excels with a translatable skill: he can defend multiple positions. And because he can step away from the basket, its not like a team can neutralize him or get him off the court just by going small.

But Indy is so desperate for scoring, I think you have to roll the dice on whichever one of these guys you think can be a 20 ppg scorer. And between Turner, Kaminsky, and Lyles, and I can't say which one I like best to be that.

The Pacers need a point guard above all else. If I were Bird, I'd try to move to take Mudiay and build around him and George over the next 3 years . . .

The Pacers need a point guard above all else. If I were Bird, I'd try to move to take Mudiay and build around him and George over the next 3 years . . .
I dont think Mudiay is going to be there at 11.
Draft the best option of West or Hibbert's replacement. If they go PG it will more than likely be Cameron Payne from Murray State.

They should draft my kid. He's 16 and plays the NBA game on the Xbox One all the time. He would be happy to sit on the end of the bench for whatever the rookie salary scale pays at #11.

Of course, they'll probably take someone else. Oh well.

Nah, I really think they should take Okafor. And between guards, I like Russell more than Mudiay

Nah, actually I really think none of that will matter because all those guys are locks to be gone at least 5 picks before the Pacers. So that's why I listed guys who could realistically be there.

The point guards that will still be available when the Pacers pick will be Jerian Grant, Cameron Payne, and the Dunn kid from Providence. There are better players available at 11 than those guys, in most peoples opinions.

They've done worse ...

LOL. That's true.

He can shoot a bit. Hit 12 out of 15 NBA threes at one of those long-distance-shootout things in Gatlinburg a couple of months ago. Very streaky though.

I dont think Mudiay is going to be there at 11.
Draft the best option of West or Hibbert's replacement. If they go PG it will more than likely be Cameron Payne from Murray State.

That's why I said "make a move".

But hey, y'all probably feel pretty good with the roster you have. No reason to break it up; just add another useless big, right?

PS - My real motivation in this thread is to get y'all to take someone other than Kaminsky. I have some wishful thinking that he'll fall to the Hawks, and we can move Horford to his more natural PF position, keep Millsap to play the 3 when we're playing big (because we'd have Kaminsky) and then slot Carroll in at the 3, and move Horford and Millsap up a notch when playing small.

But I know the Hawks aren't thinking that way, so what I want doesn't matter a hill of beans.

Pacers literally have nothing of value worth moving into the top 5 other than giving away Paul George or a few years of future #1s. And the term "giving away" mildly states how dumb those options would be.

But hey, y'all probably feel pretty good with the roster you have. No reason to break it up; just add another useless big, right?

PS - My real motivation in this thread is to get y'all to take someone other than Kaminsky. I have some wishful thinking that he'll fall to the Hawks, and we can move Horford to his more natural PF position, keep Millsap to play the 3 when we're playing big (because we'd have Kaminsky) and then slot Carroll in at the 3, and move Horford and Millsap up a notch when playing small.

But I know the Hawks aren't thinking that way, so what I want doesn't matter a hill of beans.
I heard Millsap may go back to the Jizz.

I heard Millsap may go back to the Jizz.

Q. Snyder is trying to make a Mountain West version of the Spurs, kinda like Bud has made in the East of the Hawks. Wouldn't surprise me . . . similar system, more cap space . . . plus Millsap folded like a cheap suitcase at times against the Nets, Wiz and Cavs during the playoffs. Hawks might just look for an upgrade in that spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT