ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: how often do you drink?

How often do you drink?

• Total voters
I went with 3-5, but my average is right around 3. For example, I haven't had a drink since last Saturday. I'm gonna head to a bar in Zionsville when I leave the office to have a few. Won't drink tomorrow, but will then drink on Friday & Saturday.

That's about average.

When I'm traveling and meeting with customers, I typically have a glass or two of red wine with dinner. Nothing over the top.

Just bored
Last time I had beer was when a couple of guys who worked for me brought beer to celebrate that I got into Bible College at Moody in Chicago. We drank a few after work, and then a couple days later I got a letter from Moody saying all the things I had to refrain from as I entered the school. LoL. I broke the rule before I even got there. I told one of my profs about it and he laughed because I had drank before I got the letter. I told him that I didn't drink any after the letter.

Drink or get drunk? There's a difference. Getting drunk, maybe three or four times a year, tops. Just not my kind of buzz, I much rather my drugs don't make me feel stupid. Just drink a beer? Who knows.

Last time I had beer was when a couple of guys who worked for me brought beer to celebrate that I got into Bible College at Moody in Chicago. We drank a few after work, and then a couple days later I got a letter from Moody saying all the things I had to refrain from as I entered the school. LoL. I broke the rule before I even got there. I told one of my profs about it and he laughed because I had drank before I got the letter. I told him that I didn't drink any after the letter.

Why in the world would you need to quit drinking as a pastor/preacher/minister? That's dumb.

Drink or get drunk? There's a difference. Getting drunk, maybe three or four times a year, tops. Just not my kind of buzz, I much rather my drugs don't make me feel stupid. Just drink a beer? Who knows.

Who knows? I would imagine you would...

I drink every day. Every. Single. Day.

I usually have a beer with dinner, and maybe another one later. Maybe wine once in awhile. Hard liquor rarely, and if I do it's something like a single malt scotch. Not really into mixed drinks.

Can't remember the last time I was drunk...or at least drunk enough that anyone would notice.

Reactions: PtownHoosier
probably 4 nights a week i'll have 2-5 beers...today was a damn good day and its beautiful out now so i will pick some up tonight.

Why are you so uptight with booze? Jesus turned water into wine for Christ's sake. He's cool with booze.

I drink almost every night. I can't remember the last time I got hammered (when was the last time I posted classical music on here? Probably then). But I'll almost always have a few with dinner and a nightcap.

Why are you so uptight with booze? Jesus turned water into wine for Christ's sake. He's cool with booze.
Frank, I don't look down on anyone who takes a drink once in a while. The truth is I am not uptight. In the conservative evangelical world most people would not like it if their pastor drank alcohol. I knew this going in so I made a choice that the ministry was more important to me. I agree with you Jesus drank real wine. But He did not get drunk. He would have followed the admonition of Proverbs which says Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler,whoever is lead astray by them is not wise.

Frank, I don't look down on anyone who takes a drink once in a while. The truth is I am not uptight. In the conservative evangelical world most people would not like it if their pastor drank alcohol. I knew this going in so I made a choice that the ministry was more important to me. I agree with you Jesus drank real wine. But He did not get drunk. He would have followed the admonition of Proverbs which says Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler,whoever is lead astray by them is not wise.
No worries. I ain't drunk. I'm just drinkin.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
Would it have even been physically possible for Jesus to get drunk?

That's a deep theological question, right there...

I don't put down your godlessness. Please be respectful to my glorious salvation experience in Jesus Christ. He's my Savior and best friend. You might not see it this way,but I do. He saved me and I owe him my very life.

I won't, and it's not because I don't respect Christianity. At my previous stop in life I dealt with many Christians and even worked side by side in some non-profits with several pastors. Several of the kids I coached were pastors' sons. Great kids.

The last "charitable" (I quote that because it wasn't a 501c3 and I doubt it is deductible) donation I gave was $500 to one such kid for a mission trip. I don't believe in missions, evangelism, or even religion. But I believe in people, and the recipient is a top notch young man, of the highest order, deserving of support. So, I choose to support him hoping strength of character and an honest heart prevail over whatever fairytale the cause de jour is.

You... my fellow AOTFer... are something else. Your mac/crossfire-ian, sports illustrated for kids approach to religion is annoying. I know Christians smarter than me, so it isn't with intellectual arrogance that I write this. Those of the Christian faith who I respect do better.

If you want any of us to take your nonsensical, Opie-esque ramblings about the bible seriously - - - and I'm 90% sure you're a troll - - you need to do better.

Reactions: MaxCoke
I drink every day. Every. Single. Day.

I usually have a beer with dinner, and maybe another one later. Maybe wine once in awhile. Hard liquor rarely, and if I do it's something like a single malt scotch. Not really into mixed drinks.

Can't remember the last time I was drunk...or at least drunk enough that anyone would notice.
I'm with you, I drink usually one beer every night while winding down the evening and yet I can't remember the last time I was drunk. It's probably been 15 years ago since I was wasted. I just don't like the feeling of being drunk. But damn if I won't I have a drink every damn day.

Catholics are a lot more fun. Didn't realize evangelical pastors didn't drink. Plenty that go to those churches do.

I drink about 5 days per week. Weeknights these days are tame, maybe just a beer or few. Usually have one night a week that's a bit more hardcore, from Thursday through Saturday.

In years gone by it was much worse. Too many hungover work days to remember back in my 20s. Don't miss that.

Key now is staying away from homemade mixed drinks. Vodka and whiskey can disappear too quick at home. Also the 9% plus beers can get on top of you without realizing it.

Not sure how you can say that with any sort of certainty. How do you know he didn't get at least a buzz? That's a serious problem with most denominations. They deal only in absolutes. The truth is, nobody knows. Too much time. Too many translations/versions (read:editing).

Not sure how you can say that with any sort of certainty. How do you know he didn't get at least a buzz? That's a serious problem with most denominations. They deal only in absolutes. The truth is, nobody knows. Too much time. Too many translations/versions (read:editing).
They can't believe Jesus got a buzz, because they can't handle the possibility he might not remember what happened with Mary Magdelene when the liquor was flowin' and the tunes were rockin'.

When I drink I post stupid stuff on AOTF. No that is not every day. Once or twice a week.

I would love to see what you're like when you're drunk. Not sure why, but I think it would totally crack me up.

Reactions: C-$
I don't put down your godlessness. Please be respectful to my glorious salvation experience in Jesus Christ. He's my Savior and best friend. You might not see it this way,but I do. He saved me and I owe him my very life.

I gave up my imaginary friend when I was 5.

And I liked mine alot better than yours....mine played superheros and match box cars with me. Your's gives children cancer and lets millions of innocent people suffer and die horrible deaths....what a dick. He doesn't deserve worship.

God-watches-TV.jpg

Reactions: MaxCoke
They can't believe Jesus got a buzz, because they can't handle the possibility he might not remember what happened with Mary Magdelene when the liquor was flowin' and the tunes were rockin'.

We must have different interpretations of what a buzz is. Memory loss is not associated with a buzz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT