ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Did Indiana Sabotage Allen?

Did Indiana Sabotage Allen

• Yes. Refusal to give Allen NIL support, Facility Upgrades, now available to new HC.

• No. NIL doesn't make someone tackle better.

Results are only viewable after voting.
They may have backed off on support this year once they decided it was to be his last. But prior to that no, he was not sabotaged.

Reactions: new2pa
Yeah, they made him take bad timeouts, play not to lose, forced players to muff punts and barely try to tackle people, and generally have no clue how much time is on the clock or know game situations. Oh, and apparently do team building instead of actually practicing all Spring.

When I think of that clown the first thing I think of is him jumping up and down like he had just won the Super Bowl when they beat Akron in 4 OT’s

• Haha
Reactions: Hatchets7times
What facility upgrades are available now that CTA is gone ?

I will tell you one thing they should do immediately:

Build a state of the art athletic housing complex.
Athletes get paid now. This is no longer about a “college experience” and mingling with students.
Comply with Title IX and put in a women’s high rise and a men’s section. Install a movie theater, indoor pool, driving range. Make it a gated community with transportation. A dining facility. A Starbucks. These are elite athletes that deserve elite accommodations. If the athlete wanted to opt for regular student housing, they could do that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orbit7958
No. NIL is up to the donors, not the school. Allen had lost the confidence of the big money folks. Wealthy people don’t make bad investments.
Actually schools now have departments that help the students connect with collectives and businesses to help them earn NIL money. I believe Ohio State was one of the first to do this. Indiana would be very smart to do this as well if they aren't already. Similar to hooking up students with internships. I'm sure Coach Ryan Day can tell a recruit that OSU has helped their athletes collect $X million dollars in NIL money. That would be a huge selling point.

I will tell you one thing they should do immediately:

Build a state of the art athletic housing complex.
Athletes get paid now. This is no longer about a “college experience” and mingling with students.
Comply with Title IX and put in a women’s high rise and a men’s section. Install a movie theater, indoor pool, driving range. Make it a gated community with transportation. A dining facility. A Starbucks. These are elite athletes that deserve elite accommodations. If the athlete wanted for regular student housing, they could do that.
No massage parlor?

Do you mean the school or the fan base or what? I don’t understand how the school could “refuse to give NIL support?

If you mean did the fans sabotage him…it’s just not realistic that donors are going to throw money at a dumpster fire.

Actually schools now have departments that help the students connect with collectives and businesses to help them earn NIL money. I believe Ohio State was one of the first to do this. Indiana would be very smart to do this as well if they aren't already. Similar to hooking up students with internships. I'm sure Coach Ryan Day can tell a recruit that OSU has helped their athletes collect $X million dollars in NIL money. That would be a huge selling point.
Pretty sure we do. I recall reading when the Hoosiers for Good collective formed that IU was trying to be out in front on NIL. I don't know if others have passed them up in these efforts but yes, schools can help athletes connect with collectives and sponsors, they just can't directly provide the money to pay them.

Reactions: BGunn
No one can force a business or individual to spend their money. They’ll invest in what they want to support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT