ADVERTISEMENT

Per the Wallstreet Journal

davegolf

All-American
Sep 18, 2001
"Hillary Clinton Sent Classified Information Over Email While at State Department, Review Finds
Information was classified as ‘secret’ at the time it was sent, intelligence community inspector general says
By
Byron Tau
Updated July 24, 2015 2:33 p.m. ET
WASHINGTON—An internal government review found that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sent at least four emails from her personal account containing classified information during her time heading the State Department."

If you were Hillary or say this was a Pub would you withdraw your name from the race to avoid even the appearance of an impropriety?

Withdraw from the race...over this? Surely you jest.

If I were a Dem, I'd be a lot more concerned about Hillary's softening poll numbers than I would this. As far as scandals go, this is a pretty thin one (unless it can be shown there was some deliberate malfeasance going on....otherwise, it looks to me just like procedural sloppiness).

You may be right but it is illegal to communicate one let alone 4 emails classified as "secret". In the day I had a Top Secret Crypto Clearance and they preached and drilled the communication protocols into our brains on a consistent basis.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Threadjack: Here's a story I love that combines two of our recent discussions, about arming soldiers, and about how seriously people are trained to take communications security.

Back in the 70's, my dad was stationed in West Germany. While I'm sure that there were more armed people on the base than there are at bases back in the states, even in that time and place, everyone didn't walk around packing. My dad, however, was assigned to sort classified mail, and was therefore ordered to carry a loaded sidearm whenever he was in the sorting room, and to prevent anyone without the proper clearance, regardless of rank, from entering the room.

Anyway, his immediate superior (not sure of the ranks at this point; my dad was enlisted) really didn't like him very much, and one day walked past the mail room and noticed that he was overloaded with work. He informed my dad that he would enter the room and help him. My dad informed him back that this was impossible as, despite his being his superior officer, he didn't have the proper clearance, and he couldn't let him in the room. This upset the officer to no end, who said he would enter the room, and my dad should obey orders and be grateful for the help. My dad duly informed the officer that if he crossed through the doorway, he would pull his weapon on him.

The officer entered the room, furious.

My dad pulled his sidearm and ordered him to leave.

The officer went to the Commander of the base to demand that my dad be court-martialed.

My dad was asked to confirm the officers description of the events. He did.

The officer was reprimanded.

ADVERTISEMENT