ADVERTISEMENT

Pacers get Siakam

I figured the Pacers would require a sign and trade but I imagine he wouldn't agree to that and as things stand now, he's probably the best piece they could add as we close out the season. They should be able to offer him the most money at seasons end so as long as they finish out the season on a high note and retain him, then those 3 draft picks should theoretically be trash picks anyways.

I figured the Pacers would require a sign and trade but I imagine he wouldn't agree to that and as things stand now, he's probably the best piece they could add as we close out the season. They should be able to offer him the most money at seasons end so as long as they finish out the season on a high note and retain him, then those 3 draft picks should theoretically be trash picks anyways.
Huge get! He is good at both ends. Big upgrade. And yes, Siakam has said that he would not agree to a sign and trade.
Agree that those 3 picks should not be high picks. Also, the Pacers already have a logjam of 2 rookies and a 2nd year guy on the roster that they like and who don’t play. And they are young everywhere. So stacking picks that can’t get court time makes no sense. Sure hope they can sign him!

At first I thought 3 1st rounders was too much, but a guy on JMV's 1070 the Fan show named Jonah made the point you made. I agree completely. Very rarely do you get great players in the mid 20's of the first round. So this theoretically could be a very good deal for the Pacers if Siakam can stick around.

At first I thought 3 1st rounders was too much, but a guy on JMV's 1070 the Fan show named Jonah made the point you made. I agree completely. Very rarely do you get great players in the mid 20's of the first round. So this theoretically could be a very good deal for the Pacers if Siakam can stick around.
Siakam and Anunoby disagree., that's where they were drafted along with Ryan Leaf or whatever that guy's name was, we drafted ahead of O G., for a small market team hitting home runs with those mid 1sts round picks is the only way to relevance. free agents aint coming to indy

Siakam and Anunoby disagree., that's where they were drafted along with Ryan Leaf or whatever that guy's name was, we drafted ahead of O G., for a small market team hitting home runs with those mid 1sts round picks is the only way to relevance. free agents aint coming to indy
114 players picked 20-30 in the last 10 years. 5 have made the All-Star team. Pacers just stole one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT