ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: IU vs. North Carolina...

jhoban19

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 28, 2003
and what are we drinking tonight?

The first of the three big ones we've had circled on our calendars for months, though the shine has come off of this one a little bit. It's no longer a top-10 battle of unbeatens as we had expected, even just last week. But this is still IU-UNC at Assembly Hall and that carries a lot of weight in the college hoops world. I expect the Hall to be blow-the-roof-off raucous tonight!

The Tarheels should be playing with some fire tonight after losing 2 straight. That actually could be a detriment to them- they're already so streaky, if they come out pressing, or expend too much energy in the first 10 minutes trying to make up for those 2 losses all at once, that will play into our hands. Some really good matchups here as well. I'm really looking forward to TJD going up against Bacot and XJ/JHS working hard to keep Love/Davis in check. My thought is that TJD (with help from Malik and Race) gets the better of Bacot, the guard tandems play to a draw, and our depth and defense wears them down. As long as Love doesn't catch a heater from 3 and we don't let that Nance guy go off for 20+ points, our D and the crowd will bring home a W in a back-and-forth, high tempo game.

IU 84
UNC 77

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout for me tonight.

What say you Hoosier fans?

GO HOOSIERS!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News