ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: IU 78; Terps 75 AH rocks! IU shoots well.

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Welcome to the B1G, Maryland! Maryland Terps are playing very good basketball. They get to the line. They defend. 3 guys average 16 ppg. They have size and they win.

On the other hand, they struggle on the road (but they win there). They don't shoot lights out. They don't get assists.

IU has warts. IU doesn't lock down on defense...but they can...at times. IU doesn't rebound well on offense, but can.

But IU has learned that effort matters. IU has shooters. They can get to the line. IU gets assists through spreading the court and the dribble drive and dishing...not only to the open perimeter but to the baseline cutter. And IU can close out a game...like at Illinois!

Maryland may be the better team. But it matters who gets hot and who shows up. Hint: Hartman will do well and watch who Yogi defends in the 2nd half.

And there is one thing that will tip this to IU: Assembly Hall rocks! And Maryland will struggle at times.

Get loud!

Can you say 'Trap Game'!

Mary -80 IU -77

Can't win all the close ones, especially to high quality, well coached, balanced teams.

Terps just too much down low with too many FT's at the end.

Great atmosphere, close game, good moments but not enough in the end.

OK, i'll predict OT. 77-77

With IU winning in OT!!! I'm working on being positive...
wink.r191677.gif

IU 78 Md 74 nt

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by IU? I'm Fine:
Welcome to the B1G, Maryland! Maryland Terps are playing very good basketball. They get to the line. They defend. 3 guys average 16 ppg. They have size and they win.

On the other hand, they struggle on the road (but they win there). They don't shoot lights out. They don't get assists.

IU has warts. IU doesn't lock down on defense...but they can...at times. IU doesn't rebound well on offense, but can.

But IU has learned that effort matters. IU has shooters. They can get to the line. IU gets assists through spreading the court and the dribble drive and dishing...not only to the open perimeter but to the baseline cutter. And IU can close out a game...like at Illinois!

Maryland may be the better team. But it matters who gets hot and who shows up. Hint: Hartman will do well and watch who Yogi defends in the 2nd half.

And there is one thing that will tip this to IU: Assembly Hall rocks! And Maryland will struggle at times.

Get loud!

Can you say 'Trap Game'!

This one's tough.

If I pick IU and they lose, I'll never hear the end of it. If I pick MD and they lose (meaning IU wins) I'll never hear the end of it. And since I'm not often right in these predictions the chances are whoever I take loses. Which means now that I've said that they'll win.

Won't pick a winner here--I'll just say 77-75 somebody.

IU 78 MD 75

The buzz around campus and the level of the team at home will have our boys ready to play. Zeisloft and Blackmon go off tonight!

I know, MD hasn't given up 80, but 82-78, good guys

I'm saying we beat MD and OSU and end up in the mid teens next week. I really think I'm wrong, but it's worth the fun believing it for right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT