ADVERTISEMENT

Official poll of The Open

Who will win The Open?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hard to bet against Spieth, as hot as he is right now, so I made him my pick, but I don't think it's a runaway. Watch out for DJ, Rickie, Danny Lee and Bubba. And I think this will be the best performance by Tiger in a long time. Top Ten finish, and contending into Sunday.

Hard to bet against Spieth, as hot as he is right now, so I made him my pick, but I don't think it's a runaway. Watch out for DJ, Rickie, Danny Lee and Bubba. And I think this will be the best performance by Tiger in a long time. Top Ten finish, and contending into Sunday.

I'd like to see Tiger contend, and I'm not really a Tiger "fan".

Reactions: hoosierdug
What do you know about golf? Your daddy didn't wear a white belt....

I'd like to see Tiger contend, and I'm not really a Tiger "fan".
I was a huge Tiger fan at the beginning. My dad and I watched him in the US Amateur, and were just amazed. But it just wasn't as exciting after it became clear it was just him against the course for so many years. Other golfers really sucked for a while.

Mostly, I'd like to see him contend a few times because the new generation of golfers is about to leave him behind, and he won't have very many more chances to shine. I think we're entering a time when the quality of golf is as good as it's been in 30 years.

Reactions: C-$
I'll go rogue and say Paul Casey

I think it will be someone out of nowhere that gets the best weather draw

I'll go rogue and say Paul Casey

I think it will be someone out of nowhere that gets the best weather draw
He's got a great tee time. If the weather does what's expected, look for people with late-early draws to have an advantage. Casey, Fowler, Rose, etc.

Also, the leaders on Saturday are going to have the worst of the winds, which means there could be a huge traffic jam at the top of the leaderboard going into Sunday.

Bubba is dismal in Europe. He needs a defined tree lined setup to succeed. He just can't see his shots on a flat, featureless course.

It would be fun for a change to see Tiger be a contender and not just melt down. But he will. Again.

I went field because Louis Oosthuizen is going to win. He won at St. Andrews the last time The Open was played there in 2010. Also, the last three days of the US Open, he was the best golfer in the field. He almost won it after shooting an opening round 77.

I went field because Louis Oosthuizen is going to win. He won at St. Andrews the last time The Open was played there in 2010. Also, the last three days of the US Open, he was the best golfer in the field. He almost won it after shooting an opening round 77.

I almost included him on the list.

I have always liked Tiger because I enjoy watching greatness. I don't think he's ready to contend yet. The media was blowing his play out of proportion at the Greenbrier. They want and need for him to contend so badly that they paint a rosier picture than reality. He still has issues. I'm not sure he will ever contend, but it definitely won't surprise me if he does, just not this week.

I hope the winner will be Ollie Schniederjans since my son once beat him in a junior tournament..............
...story can be told for a lifetime.

Good showing by Tiger huh??? Or not:(

Zach Johnson is going to go into the weekend with a nice lead.

Of all the guys who teed off late today, he had the best round by far. Tomorrow will be ugly for everyone, but he won't have to deal with nearly the winds that some of the other leaders will. There's a very good chance he'll start the weekend with a decided advantage. Top leaders after Round 1 who have early tee times tomorrow:

Zach Johnson -6
Danny Willett -4
Marc Warren -4
Anirban Lahiri -3
Tommy Fleetwood -3

Of all the guys who teed off late today, he had the best round by far. Tomorrow will be ugly for everyone, but he won't have to deal with nearly the winds that some of the other leaders will. There's a very good chance he'll start the weekend with a decided advantage. Top leaders after Round 1 who have early tee times tomorrow:

Zach Johnson -6
Danny Willett -4
Marc Warren -4
Anirban Lahiri -3
Tommy Fleetwood -3

I can see Jordan Spieth still shooting a decent score in the wind tomorrow. He'll just shoot for greens and 2 putts. The wind isn't going to be high on the am but it's supposed to be raining buckets. As a player is prefer dry and windswept over cold and wet.

I can see Jordan Spieth still shooting a decent score in the wind tomorrow. He'll just shoot for greens and 2 putts. The wind isn't going to be high on the am but it's supposed to be raining buckets. As a player is prefer dry and windswept over cold and wet.
Even if the rain ends, it won't be dry at any point tomorrow.

I'm still rooting for Spieth, and I think he has the ability, but tomorrow is going to be one of the most challenging rounds of his career, when you combine conditions and pressure.

Zach Johnson -6
Danny Willett -4
Marc Warren -4
Anirban Lahiri -3
Tommy Fleetwood -3
Public Service Announcement: Don't bet money using Goat's sport advise.
Case in point: " And I think this will be the best performance by Tiger in a long time. Top Ten finish, and contending into Sunday."

Morning wave got a massive advantage this morning. It rained so hard they suspended play during the rain. They just started back up with no rain and a very manageable wind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT