ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan holding football camp in Indianapolis - wtf!

IUFan4Lifer

Redshirt
Nov 5, 2010
Before the trolls go crazy.....this is my disclaimer....I've not heard of a state university holding a football camp in another state's capital....especially a state that holds 2 Big Ten universities within an hour or so from the site. If this is customary, I did not know.

WTF - what is Michigan doing coming into Indianapolis holding a football camp? It's just wrong on so many levels. Go to a non-Big Ten state. Harbaugh, your sister is married to the basketball coach at IU and you are holding a football camp 50 miles from IU's football program. Michigan Football - you have no class.

You are right...but he is holding Seven other camps in Eight Days or something like that...Florida, Texas, and California to be specific...
It was genius of James Franklin to come up with the concept and even make SEC schools squirm with the idea when he went to Atlanta with a camp...However, I doubt IU doing this would get anywhere near the response that "Name" universities would.

I really don't think it speaks well of the Big Ten to shove football camps down the throats of other D1 universities. Recruiting is one thing, but holding camps? I don't care if Penn State started it, the Big Ten is better than this..... IMO, Wlison/Glass and Hazel/Burke should be talking to the Big Ten Commisioner. It's insulting to both IU and Purdue.

I really don't think it speaks well of the Big Ten to shove football camps down the throats of other D1 universities. Recruiting is one thing, but holding camps? I don't care if Penn State started it, the Big Ten is better than this..... IMO, Wlison/Glass and Hazel/Burke should be talking to the Big Ten Commisioner. It's insulting to both IU and Purdue.
this is a way to compete with sec. better than this? its a camp

Before the trolls go crazy.....this is my disclaimer....I've not heard of a state university holding a football camp in another state's capital....especially a state that holds 2 Big Ten universities within an hour or so from the site. If this is customary, I did not know.

WTF - what is Michigan doing coming into Indianapolis holding a football camp? It's just wrong on so many levels. Go to a non-Big Ten state. Harbaugh, your sister is married to the basketball coach at IU and you are holding a football camp 50 miles from IU's football program. Michigan Football - you have no class.
the iu coaches could have been part of the camp. he invited other coaching staffs to be part of the camps. the nebraska staff is going to be at one camp. the northwestern coach is the key speaker at that same camp. some osu assistant coaches will be at another camp. some usc coaches will be at the camp in california

the iu coaches could have been part of the camp. he invited other coaching staffs to be part of the camps. the nebraska staff is going to be at one camp. the northwestern coach is the key speaker at that same camp. some osu assistant coaches will be at another camp. some usc coaches will be at the camp in california
If that was the case, we should have had a presence. Aren't we going to do this down South? I understand, not doing it within the conference, but if we could have "played" we should have. Are the Boilers as upset as some here are? Bottom line is we have to start winning!

Folks, this is THE wave of the future! Other coaches have simply not caught on yet. Harbaugh scored big this past week doing this. He got a commit from the kid we were after, Enis, and is in on 5 other of the top 10 players in this state. Iowa is doing the same thing here in a month up north.

The highly touted state QB who just committed to Michigan, Peters, said that Harbaugh was the only head coach who went out to dinner with him.

Harbaugh has many connections in the state from his time with the Colts. He's thinking outside the box and will leave the rest of the recruiting scraps to the in-state schools.

Folks, this is THE wave of the future! Other coaches have simply not caught on yet. Harbaugh scored big this past week doing this. He got a commit from the kid we were after, Enis, and is in on 5 other of the top 10 players in this state. Iowa is doing the same thing here in a month up north.

The highly touted state QB who just committed to Michigan, Peters, said that Harbaugh was the only head coach who went out to dinner with him.

Harbaugh has many connections in the state from his time with the Colts. He's thinking outside the box and will leave the rest of the recruiting scraps to the in-state schools.
The kid from Ben Davis is going there, too, and the Fort Wayne kid is a lock for MSU. Not a good start of IU recruiting.

The kid from Ben Davis is going there, too, and the Fort Wayne kid is a lock for MSU. Not a good start of IU recruiting.
I don't even understand the angst at this point. It's June. Guys switch, new guys show up on the radar. We never get early commits.

I don't even understand the angst at this point. It's June. Guys switch, new guys show up on the radar. We never get early commits.
Not angst so much as resignation. Recruiting lesser talented players is directly tied to the inability to compete in the BiG.

not to butt in on you guys convo, but i don't think you can lose by participating in these camps. I think it would have been a good move for the i.u. staff to participate. We just picked up a 2 star guy from out of florida the other day. Go and look at his film and you will see why harbaugh offered. Now if he hadn't seen this guy up close and personal, maybe he wouldn't have offered, or maybe he would've offered too late. Look teams who do it the "right" way have to come up with different things to circumvent teams who do it the "wrong" way. It is what it is.

You are right...but he is holding Seven other camps in Eight Days or something like that...Florida, Texas, and California to be specific...
It was genius of James Franklin to come up with the concept and even make SEC schools squirm with the idea when he went to Atlanta with a camp...However, I doubt IU doing this would get anywhere near the response that "Name" universities would.

Rutgers under Scamp did it in Florida years ago. Not a new idea.

not to butt in on you guys convo, but i don't think you can lose by participating in these camps. I think it would have been a good move for the i.u. staff to participate. We just picked up a 2 star guy from out of florida the other day. Go and look at his film and you will see why harbaugh offered. Now if he hadn't seen this guy up close and personal, maybe he wouldn't have offered, or maybe he would've offered too late. Look teams who do it the "right" way have to come up with different things to circumvent teams who do it the "wrong" way. It is what it is.

Apprently it is working out for the NW coach per twitter.
"Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald speaking at Michigan camp now. Harbaugh gave him quite the intro; made the campers stand and applaud."

The idea of these camps is just wrong. The NCAA should put an immediate stop to them. But, they won't.

Oh, by the way, I heard Purdue is hosting a camp in Kirklin.

Stupid move. The SEC is already in process of changing their rules to allow SEC schools to have camps around the country. Next you will see Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, etc holding camps in the back yard of the B1G. NCAA is going to have to take action to stop this before it begins. Or let it run rampant.

Stupid move. The SEC is already in process of changing their rules to allow SEC schools to have camps around the country. Next you will see Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, etc holding camps in the back yard of the B1G. NCAA is going to have to take action to stop this before it begins. Or let it run rampant.

no chance, the s.e.c teams wont waste resources trying to hold a camp in the midwest when they have all the players they want within a 100 mile radius of each campus down there. They just don't want teams from the midwest coming down and possibly plucking some hidden gem from up under their noses. Like i said in the previous post, we have picked up like four 2 stars as a result of some of these camps. Now some may scoff at a 2 star but go and look at the film of these fellas and you will see that they were severely underrated. Some hadn't even been scouted thoroughly yet. You had one where the coach said that rivals guys or coaches barely venture down to their school because the school is sort of off the beating path. So all of these sort of players get to go to these camps with a chance to get some exposure. I think its a win win for everybody if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT