ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies vs OK Tonight at 6:30

Man the girls are good and have grit. Fun to watch. They enjoy playing.

They got horrible draw having to play SC next. Hoping for an upset.
They ended up on the same side of the bracket with South Carolina by being the last of the No. 4 seeds which is usually the case unless there is a conference affiliation issue with the brackets. I thought the subpar game behind the arc was going to do us in, but the Sooners weren't hitting them any better. We missed some early free throws which could have been an issue, but Scalia helped build those numbers up at the end.

IU handed South Carolina their only loss in the 2019-20 season with a win in one of the holiday tournaments by the score of 71-57. Ali Patberg and Brenna Wise led IU in that game with 16 points apiece. The Gamecocks would go on and finish the season with a record of 32-1, and had won their conference tourney championship when the NCAA canceled the NCAA tournament over Covid. The Gamecocks were No. 1 in both the AP and the coaches poll and USC decided to call themselves the mythical national champs with IU being their only loss.

Last edited:
They ended up on the same side of the bracket with South Carolina by being the last of the No. 4 seeds which is usually the case unless there is a conference affiliation issue with the brackets. I thought the subpar game behind the arc was going to do us in, but the Sooners weren't hitting them any better. We missed some early free throws which could have been an issue, but Scalia helped build those numbers up at the end.

IU handed South Carolina their only loss in the 2019-20 season with a win in one of the holiday tournaments by the score of 71-57. Ali Patberg and Brenna Wise led IU in that game with 16 points apiece. The Gamecocks would go on and finish the season with a record of 32-1, and had won their conference tourney championship when the NCAA canceled the NCAA tournament over Covid. The Gamecocks were No. 1 in both the AP and the coaches poll and USC decided to call themselves the mythical national champs with IU being their only loss.
Interesting...thanks for posting that....,.

Fun but nerve wracking game. For 3 1/2 quarters we couldn’t hit free throws, Mack missed a ton of bunnies and no one could hit from outside. Gritted it out. Oklahoma was very physical and looked like they were using their entire bench to foul. They played a lot of players. We’re going to need to hit from out to have a shot at S Carolina.
They were kicking the crap out of us physically. The 'let them play' reffing definitely benefitted OK.

I didn't feel like those were normal misses by Holmes, for the most part. She was being pushed out farther from the basket and often bodied when shot, although things did open up for her a little at the end of the game.

They also did a hell of a job defending SS.

Congrats to the team and especially Mackenzie. She really willed them to this win and it was a great finale in Assembly Hall for her.
I feel that it really 'made' the season. TM's now gotten about as much as is possible out of this group of players. There are serious limitations in speed and strength.

The SC game may be unfortunate. I hope it won't get out of hand.

I feel that it really 'made' the season. TM's now gotten about as much as is possible out of this group of players. There are serious limitations in speed and strength.

The SC game may be unfortunate. I hope it won't get out of hand.
I think they could've gone further if they weren't in the SC bracket. But this season can't be looked at as anything other than a good one now that we've advanced to the Sweet Sixteen again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT