ADVERTISEMENT

Krupa selected 35th round, reds

Wow!! He was selected in the 19th round by the Reds coming out of high school. He had a huge season in JC this year, so go figure.

I am a reds fan and follow them rather closely, their philosophy for this years draft was pitching and athletes. I have no idea what type of athlete he is, but maybe that played a role in the process.

I am a reds fan and follow them rather closely, their philosophy for this years draft was pitching and athletes. I have no idea what type of athlete he is, but maybe that played a role in the process.
Actually, he could have gone to any team earlier, so I'm surprised someone didn't draft him sooner.

Actually, he could have gone to any team earlier, so I'm surprised someone didn't draft him sooner.

Teams were probably worried about signability, and they have more info on him this time around. It's good for IU, he can come be a catalyst for this team.

Teams were probably worried about signability, and they have more info on him this time around. It's good for IU, he can come be a catalyst for this team.
So he'll probably make it to Bloomington then right? Can't imagine much of a signing bonus in the 35th round.

So he'll probably make it to Bloomington then right? Can't imagine much of a signing bonus in the 35th round.
Like with everyone else, I don't know what's going through his mind, but I bet he will probably enroll at IU. A person doesn't have to be an Einstein to know that a very successful year at the D-1 level can do wonders for a player's draftability.

Believe me I understand how the draft works. I was only referring to why the Reds might not have drafted him until that round. Why the other teams passed on him.....I have no idea.

Believe me I understand how the draft works. I was only referring to why the Reds might not have drafted him until that round. Why the other teams passed on him.....I have no idea.
I could have worded that post better. I knew you were talking about why the Reds didn't draft him at the same or an earlier round. I was just adding that I was surprised that some other team didn't bite on him earlier. It would be interesting to see some of the internal team evaluations on him.

I could have worded that post better. I knew you were talking about why the Reds didn't draft him at the same or an earlier round. I was just adding that I was surprised that some other team didn't bite on him earlier. It would be interesting to see some of the internal team evaluations on him.

I would love to see that. It is stunning that he moved down 16 rounds. At least it seems as if he will now most likely suit up for IU.

Depends on how much money the Reds save in their top 10 and how much above 100,00 (slot value) they offer.

ADVERTISEMENT