ADVERTISEMENT

Kelzer staying!

by top you mean.....??? half? 1/3? Surely you don't mean TOP?

I'd say top 1-3 is not unreasonable. They play some big series against bottom feeders. PSU, PU, NW, Minny, OSU namely. Also, Illinois lost a ton. MSU, Mary, UM lost some key pieces. IU should compete for the top of the confrence. Especially with Hart, Kelzer, and Barager back. And IU really only has to fill a couple holes in the corner OF and 2nd base.

You're more optimistic than I am, but there's nothing wrong with that.....but we need a catcher (who can hit), a DH, and a bullpen! ha ha

After lots of discussion and thinking, IU should be a pretty good team. The starting rotation is solid and veteran. You got guys like Bell and Belcher that could easily slide into the back half of the bullpen. The addition of Krupa is huge, legitimate top of the order bat and speed. Lots of options at 2nd, you could slide Wilhite or Pasteur there. Also got a redshirt freshman 2b in Holdsworth. Some really good bats that could DH in Crisler and Lowe (btw, I love Larry crislers bat). Ramos, Dedlow, Sowers, Cangi return. That's a very good expierenced group. Not only that, we haven't even mentioned some new kids who will be in the mix.

IU should be a 35-40 win team next year.

Ramblings

A freshman catcher is a concern, there are a bunch of 'em but that is a very important position and a couple will need to step up.
The pen is a concern, Belcher and Foote are situational IMO
Would love to see Luke Stephenson come back to his potential.
Double that for WCC, but last I looked his ERA was 9 with a ton of walks. It's in there but someone needs to find the key.
Pasteur pitched some in HS and chance of some spot relief work?
Agree on Crisler's bat seems like good DH prospect.
I think Krupa should want a look at 2nd, had a good year and dropped as a prospect.
With 3 kids with eligibility leaving, or not coming in Herrin's case, wonder if there is some scholarship$ available. Assume we are at 11.7 level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT