ADVERTISEMENT

JC transfer CF Alex Krupa had some really impressive stats this year...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
for Iowa Western. He batted .428 with 10 triples, 17 doubles, four HRs, 23 stolen bases, and an OPS of nearly 1.150. That was in 60 games. I'm sure looking forward to seeing him in a Hoosier uniform.

for Iowa Western. He batted .428 with 10 triples, 17 doubles, four HRs, 23 stolen bases, and an OPS of nearly 1.150. That was in 60 games. I'm sure looking forward to seeing him in a Hoosier uniform.

I assumed based on his impressive JuCo numbers on a team that gets a lot of publicity, he would likely sign and turn pro this time post-draft, no?

I assumed based on his impressive JuCo numbers on a team that gets a lot of publicity, he would likely sign and turn pro this time post-draft, no?
Yes, there is always a chance he could go that route. I'm just hoping he will at least want to hone his skills at the D-1 level before he makes the jump. However, as is usually the case, it all depends on where he is drafted. I believe he was initially drafted by the Reds in the 19th round.

He will be drafted somewhere. He's the #1 ranked juco player in the nation. That said, if he's a top 10 rounder (slot) he's looking at a 6 figure signing bonus. We shall see here in a few days. I think Efross will be in the top 10 rounds, and Kelzer, Halstead, and Harrison should be drafted somewhere.

I Tweeted Zach Osterman (Indy Star) about Krupa getting drafted and not coming to campus.....that Tweet was favorited by a guy named Jim with Twitter handle @Krup33.

If you're into reading into what favoriting a Tweet might mean, have at it LOL

I don't believe that Alex Krupa is eligible for this year's draft. He graduated from H.S. in 2013 which would make him eligible for the 2016 draft. The Hoosiers could get one precious year from his talents.

I don't believe that Alex Krupa is eligible for this year's draft. He graduated from H.S. in 2013 which would make him eligible for the 2016 draft. The Hoosiers could get one precious year from his talents.
I'm pretty sure that all JC players are eligible for the draft, regardless of their previous status. Maybe someone out there with more knowledge of the rules can verify this as being true or not.

• High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college;
  • College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and
  • Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/draftday/rules.jsp

• High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college;
  • College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and
  • Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/draftday/rules.jsp
Wow, didn't know that last one. That's a terrible rule. Not sure why any kid that could improve their draft stock in one year would sign up for a guaranteed 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT