ADVERTISEMENT

IU FB Needs dose of good news

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Very bummed about Allen story. A legit DB hitter w/experience of Defense on the rise. Sad to see him likely gone and sadder for his current personal situation. What a nightmare he put himself in. (Will hope for the 1% chance he's innocent, but not looking good.)

The recruiting is still slow, but expect that to change after the summer camps. The AL RB to me was not as exciting a boom. Smaller in size, bad knee injury and other schools recruiting less than stellar. Still, I'll trust the coaches and hope for a real hidden gem possibly overlooked.

That said, I still think this team is very much on the rise. There are some strong seniors providing leadership. Nate should have great last season. New FR coming in will likely have 3-4 guys breakout for playing time and think IU is minimum 6 game winner, could be more if they can execute like we think they can.

Love to see a few good Boom recruit pick ups and then stories of team continuing to work hard into camp. But get to that ideal 4-0 with last win over Wake Forest, and then we'll know the momentum is coming together!

Good luck Coaches, team and yes, A. Allen & your family during challenging time ahead.

Very bummed about Allen story. A legit DB hitter w/experience of Defense on the rise. Sad to see him likely gone and sadder for his current personal situation. What a nightmare he put himself in. (Will hope for the 1% chance he's innocent, but not looking good.)

The recruiting is still slow, but expect that to change after the summer camps. The AL RB to me was not as exciting a boom. Smaller in size, bad knee injury and other schools recruiting less than stellar. Still, I'll trust the coaches and hope for a real hidden gem possibly overlooked.

That said, I still think this team is very much on the rise. There are some strong seniors providing leadership. Nate should have great last season. New FR coming in will likely have 3-4 guys breakout for playing time and think IU is minimum 6 game winner, could be more if they can execute like we think they can.

Love to see a few good Boom recruit pick ups and then stories of team continuing to work hard into camp. But get to that ideal 4-0 with last win over Wake Forest, and then we'll know the momentum is coming together!

Good luck Coaches, team and yes, A. Allen & your family during challenging time ahead.

Was on campus last week at some camps. Everything was very positive and looked great. Players and coaches were outstanding with the young players. Definetly DID NOT get the impression that they needed good news. Everyone seemed excited for season and the number of IU players there was impressive for a HS camp. Team members definetly had the look of a B10 contending team. I have been to PSU, Michigan and UW the IU players did not look different. I know we couldn't always say that.

The difference from the actual players and coaches optomism to the angst of the Message Boards is pretty significant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT