ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting map . . .

I don't have time to comment on it; heck, I'm not even sure what I would say at this point. But the map is interesting enough in its own right to link it without comment.

Which of the 11 American nations to you live in . . . and more importantly, which of the 11 American nations to you belong to (or most identify with).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-nations-do-you-live-in/?tid=trending_strip_6

He missed the mark a little

There is a nation that is about 20 miles wide that starts at the southern reaches of the Beltway and streatches up the coast through Boston. This is the "supremacy" nation. This is the nation that thinks it knows best for all of the rest of us and needs to run life in all other nations. The Supremacy nation is becoming more and more powerful.

Reactions: NPT
I don't have time to comment on it; heck, I'm not even sure what I would say at this point. But the map is interesting enough in its own right to link it without comment.

Which of the 11 American nations to you live in . . . and more importantly, which of the 11 American nations to you belong to (or most identify with).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-nations-do-you-live-in/?tid=trending_strip_6
It's an interesting idea. Not having read the book, I can't comment in too much detail, but I can say there is at least one mistake on the map. Having lived in Lucas County, Ohio, I can assure you it belongs in Yankeedom, not the Midlands. :)

It's an interesting idea. Not having read the book, I can't comment in too much detail, but I can say there is at least one mistake on the map. Having lived in Lucas County, Ohio, I can assure you it belongs in Yankeedom, not the Midlands. :)

I have the same issue with Memphis. While geographically it may be in the deep south, politically it is quite liberal. The burbs are completely different.

I have the same issue with Memphis. While geographically it may be in the deep south, politically it is quite liberal. The burbs are completely different.
Somewhat true of Indianapolis. "Pence must go" signs are plentiful here.

There is a nation that is about 20 miles wide that starts at the southern reaches of the Beltway and streatches up the coast through Boston. This is the "supremacy" nation. This is the nation that thinks it knows best for all of the rest of us and needs to run life in all other nations. The Supremacy nation is becoming more and more powerful.

You leave Delaware out of this, mister.

Thanks Sope for the link. Spent 60+ years in the Midland and the last 15 in the Deep South I can tell you from personal experience there is a huge difference. One change I have noticed is in the Midlands young men have cars (proud of them) and take care of their women financially for the most part. In the Deep South it appears women can get jobs a little easier and they take care of their men a lot more and many young men have no jobs, education and/or transportation.

The ' Hunger Games ' trilogy named this the 'capital' district. Same mindset, but relocated for it's own survival.

ADVERTISEMENT