ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana trips the Turtle, 13-2 - Big Win! (story link with boxscore)

Pasteur leads off with a HR; a shot to LF. Ramos gets his 2nd double of the day and that brings in a Terp reliever. Ramos comes in on a Hartong single. Maryland goes easily on 5 pitches - 1. 2, 3.
Indiana leads 6-1 after 5 innings.
- - - R H E
IU - 6 6 0
UM 1 3 1
Go Hoosiers!

I guess I jinxed Hart as he gave up a single and a double which scored a run for the Terps.
Indiana leads 4-1 after 4 innings.
- - - R H E
IU - 4 3 0
UM 1 3 1
Go Hoosiers!
Snowling, you know better than that !! LOL Never talk to or about your pitchers during the game. A couple of my old coaches, one who was a scout for Cincinnati would kick you out of the dugout for that !! LOLOL.
Go HOOSIERS

Reactions: snowling
Ramos doubled; Hartong FO; Donley singles, scoring Ramos; Sowers walks and that chases another Terp pitcher; Dedelow FO moves Donley to 3rd; Nolden singles; infield hit by Cangelosi score a hustling Sowers; Pasteur beats out a base hit; Rodigue gets a bases clearing double and chase another Terps pitcher; Ramos singles ... you get the picture!
Indiana leads 13-2; going to B8.
- - - R H E
IU 13 13 0
UM 2 6 2
Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Belcher comes in to close. Foote goes 2 innings (3H, 1R & 3K) and Morris goes 1 inning (1K) in strong relief.
Maryland goes 1, 2, 3. Let's leave the Turtle on his back tomorrow!
Nebraska lost at Northwestern, 5-0. Minnesota is playing out of conference.
BIG WIN !
- - - R H E
IU 13 14 0
UM 2 6 2
Go Hoosiers!

Huge win with tomorrow's game also being huge. They picked the right time to right the ship, so to speak. I haven't studied the conference schedule, but it appears that getting to that #7 seed in the B1G tournament is about the best they can do with just three games (four counting tomorrow's game) left, with a regular season ending series at home with OSU. Even if they lose tomorrow, I like their chances of making the tournament. I'll certainly take an eight seed considering how the conference season went for us up to this point. We have four non-conference games between now and OSU to pick up some steam going into that series, starting with Long Beach St. next weekend. I would still feel more comfortable with a sweep of the Terps.

Huge win with tomorrow's game also being huge. They picked the right time to right the ship, so to speak. I haven't studied the conference schedule, but it appears that getting to that #7 seed in the B1G tournament is about the best they can do with just three games (four counting tomorrow's game) left, with a regular season ending series at home with OSU. Even if they lose tomorrow, I like their chances of making the tournament. I'll certainly take an eight seed considering how the conference season went for us up to this point. We have four non-conference games between now and OSU to pick up some steam going into that series, starting with Long Beach St. next weekend. I would still feel more comfortable with a sweep of the Terps.
YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE

Belcher comes in to close. Foote goes 2 innings (3H, 1R & 3K) and Morris goes 1 inning (1K) in strong relief.
Maryland goes 1, 2, 3. Let's leave the Turtle on his back tomorrow!
Nebraska lost at Northwestern, 5-0. Minnesota is playing out of conference.
BIG WIN !
- - - R H E
IU 13 14 0
UM 2 6 2
Go Hoosiers!
Thx so much for the updates. Was not able to listen but was able to keep up via Peegs.

Would love to see another win tomorrow.

Go Hoosiers.

Reactions: snowling
You're welcome, Flawego.

Clinch the Series at #20 Maryland
COLLEGE PARK, Md.
-- Indiana clinched its weekend series at No. 20 Maryland with a 13-2 win on Saturday afternoon at Bob "Turtle" Smith Stadium, improving to 25-19 overall (8-10 Big Ten) and 9-3 in games vs. ranked opponents.

The Hoosiers were in control with a 6-2 lead before blowing the game open with seven runs on seven hits in the eighth inning to take a commanding 13-2 advantage.

Junior Nick Ramos, who led off the frame with his IU single-game record-tying third double, finished the inning with an RBI single. Ramos led IU with a career-high four of the Hoosiers' 13 hits, while Casey Rodrigue drove in a team-best four runs. Nine of IU's 11 RBI came from the Hoosiers' top four batters.

Every time the Terrapins threatened, the Hoosiers had an answer, both on the mound and offensively.

After Maryland scored its first run in the fourth inning, starting LHP Kyle Hart, who earned the win, struck out consecutive batters to retire the stanza with a man on second.

RHP Austin Foote delivered Maryland a similar fate in the bottom of the sixth with runners on second and third.

Both times Maryland scored, IU responded in its next offensive series, with two runs in the top of the fifth and the seven-run explosion in the top of the eighth.

Maryland native Isaiah Pasteur smashed a solo home run, his fifth of the season, in the fifth.

Momentum carried over from Friday night's series-opening win as the Hoosiers came out firing, posting four runs in the first two innings.

IU jumped out to a 2-0 lead on a RBI double from Ramos and an unassisted groundout RBI from Scott Donley.

Aided by a dropped pop fly to right, Indiana doubled its score in the second frame. The error place runners on the corners, before a Rodrigue RBI single scored IU's third run. As Rodrigue attempted to steal second, Pasteur advanced home to give IU the 4-0 lead.

UP NEXT
The Hoosiers go for the series sweep on Sunday at 11 a.m. ET. Sunday's series finale will be televised on the Big Ten Network.

GAME NOTES
••• Indiana improved to 25-19 overall and 8-10 in Big Ten play.

••• Saturday's contest marked just the third all-time meeting between the two schools. IU has won all three.

••• The Hoosiers are 9-3 vs. ranked opponents in 2015.

••• Indiana has tallied 10 or more hits on 23 occasions in 2015.

••• Indiana has registered 10 or more strikeouts 15 times and has nine or more in seven of the last eight outings. IU had 10 today.

••• Indiana has scored in the first inning in nine of the last 14 games, taking a 1-0 lead in the top of the first.

••• IU's seven eighth-inning runs matched the most in a single frame by the Hoosiers this season. IU also had seven runs in the second inning vs. Dartmouth on March 6.

••• Junior SS Nick Ramos recorded a career-high four hits, the most by a Hoosier this season. Ramos is the first Hoosier with four hits since Kyle Schwarber had four vs. Youngstown State on May 30, 2014.

••• Ramos doubled three times, tying the Indiana record, which has been achieved just six previous times in IU history. Ramos is the first Hoosier to hit three doubles in a game since Sam Travis vs. Louisville on March 19, 2014 and the first to do it in a Big Ten game since Josh Lyon vs. Iowa on April 18, 2010.

••• Ramos also scored three times to set another career high.

••• Junior LHP Kyle Hart started for the fourth time, tossing a season-long five innings (71 pitches). Hart's 11th career Big Ten win is tied for the fourth most all-time at IU.

••• Freshman 3B Isaiah Pasteur, a native of Westminster, Md., hit his team-high fifth home run of the season and IU's first since April 12 vs. Rutgers. Pasteur's three runs scored matched a career high.

••• Senior 2B Casey Rodrigue registered two hits and four RBI, matching a career best.

••• Senior 1B Scott Donley has a hit in 18 of the last 21 games and leads IU with 59. Additionally, Donley has back-to-back multi-RBI games, seven on the season and 37 in his career.

••• Senior C Brad Hartong recorded his 15th multi-hit game (third-most for IU) with a pair of singles. Hartong has six multi-hit games in IU's last 10 outings.

Go Hoosiers!

Link has access to video and boxscore:
http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/050215aaa.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT