ADVERTISEMENT

I love baseball, but this is why I hate baseball.

Univee2

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2002
Johnny Cueto appears to be gone, to the Royals. Blech.....

Next it will be Chapman, then Leake and then likely Bruce.

You develop talent and then lose it to a contender with the deep pockets, all due to the economics of the game and the smaller markets, all deriving from free agency.

The Reds are the definition of mediocre (look it up in the dictionary; it has: "See Reds"). Now, after the next deals are announced, there will be two or three years or re-building just to reach mediocre.

Free agency, Creaning, Deflategate, etc......

Is pro Jai Alai still pure?

Reactions: mike41703

You develop talent and then lose it to a contender with the deep pockets, all due to the economics of the game and the smaller markets, all deriving from free agency.

The Reds are the definition of mediocre (look it up in the dictionary; it has: "See Reds"). Now, after the next deals are announced, there will be two or three years or re-building just to reach mediocre.

A few things

Kansas City is in a market similar to Cinci, no?

Every year a number of small market teams show the big boys how it's done. KC and Pitt for openers.

Yankees and Boston haven't done all that well laetley.

The Marlins backed the truck up twice and then went to the World Series. Ditto Arizona.

Spending gobs of money doesn't mean much. See San Diego and the Marlins of a few years ago.

I've had it with the Rockies. I like the star players but I think it is now time to blow up the team.

I 100% agree but do find it amusing the Royals are now considered deep pockets.

I like being able to follow a player's career on my team. I do not like the rent a player world but it is what we have. It just is not worth the emotional investiture into players.

A few things

Kansas City is in a market similar to Cinci, no?

Every year a number of small market teams show the big boys how it's done. KC and Pitt for openers.

Yankees and Boston haven't done all that well laetley.

The Marlins backed the truck up twice and then went to the World Series. Ditto Arizona.

Spending gobs of money doesn't mean much. See San Diego and the Marlins of a few years ago.

I've had it with the Rockies. I like the star players but I think it is now time to blow up the team.

I agree with all you've written, and yet, the madness continues. I'd prefer to see Mike Trout retire an Angel and Kyle Schwarber retire a Cub. Biggio is being inducted today and he may be one of the last to remain with one team his entire career.

Nothing worse than seeing Willie Mays floundering in CF for the Mets.

I 100% agree but do find it amusing the Royals are now considered deep pockets.

I like being able to follow a player's career on my team. I do not like the rent a player world but it is what we have. It just is not worth the emotional investiture into players.

Well, "deep pockets", in the short run, thus your correct use of rent-a-player. I wish the pendulum would/could swing back a bit.

I agree with all you've written, and yet, the madness continues. I'd prefer to see Mike Trout retire an Angel and Kyle Schwarber retire a Cub. Biggio is being inducted today and he may be one of the last to remain with one team his entire career.

Nothing worse than seeing Willie Mays floundering in CF for the Mets.

Todd Helton.

First, is KC really a team with "deep pockets"? Second, I know the Cubs are in a 100 year World Series drought, but they ended up making a lot of great deals for young players that will make up the core of their team for many years to come by doing things like that.

Yeah, I guess that huge market in St. Louis has provided the Cards all that free agent money to go out and buy themselves a pennant or two . . . .

If it's any consolation, the Braves licked their chops when facing Cueto this year. Plus, you probably don't remember when you complained about the Reds dumping another veteran so they could give some kid named Cueto a try at the bigs . . . .

The only constant is change. Baseball, football, basketball, tennis, golf . . . just ask Tiger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT