ADVERTISEMENT

I haven't done one except on the Hoops forum so.......Another Stupid Poll....

Given the way the team has played in the last month, what is IU's ceiling in NCAA tourney?

• Win 1 or 2 games in the regional

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Win the regional

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Win the super regional

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Win 1 or 2 games in CWS

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Win the whole f@#*ing thing (A nod to Major League)

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

THallows

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2001
I personally think the ceiling for this team is to win 1 or 2 games in the CWS. Now a WHOLE lot would have to go right and the pitching and the hitting would have to be at their best at the same time. Unlike the last couple of years, I don't think this team does much in the post-season with only one or the other working. Of course as is always the case in baseball, pitching can take you far.

BTW I am talking about the absolute ceiling for this team. The regional is going to be hard to get out of and there is an excellent chance they meet Illinois in the super regional if they do manage to get out of Nashville. Even if they do all of that, I don't see anyone other than Texas A&M or LSU winning the CWS.

That of course now guarantees some other team will win it all.

I personally think the ceiling for this team is to win 1 or 2 games in the CWS. Now a WHOLE lot would have to go right and the pitching and the hitting would have to be at their best at the same time. Unlike the last couple of years, I don't think this team does much in the post-season with only one or the other working. Of course as is always the case in baseball, pitching can take you far.

BTW I am talking about the absolute ceiling for this team. The regional is going to be hard to get out of and there is an excellent chance they meet Illinois in the super regional if they do manage to get out of Nashville. Even if they do all of that, I don't see anyone other than Texas A&M or LSU winning the CWS.

That of course now guarantees some other team will win it all.

Starting pitching will determine how far this team goes.

Reactions: snowling
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT