ADVERTISEMENT

I have become weary.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
We shall overcome my ass. I am tired of republicans and democrats. I am sick of the debates about race. The war on poverty is a failure. I am tired of War. Environmentalist's are delusional for thinking that we can reverse warming, the third world is going to out do any good we do or have done. If you think the third world is going to pass a clean air and water act raise your hand. I am tired of freeloaders trying to get disability in their early years. I am weary of our leadership choices. Harvard, Harvard Yale, Yale, Harvard, Harvard, Yale. I am sick of the police using unnecessary force. It's out of control. Our country is as divided today as it was during Vietnam. If you boys don't mind I think I'll sit this election out. To quote General Sherman, "you politicians have gotten us in a hell of a mess and you can get us out as best you can. I will have none of it".

Politicians are afraid to admit your fears and thus we are doomed to continue down the road of failure. Easy out for politicians is to throw money at a problem when new thoughts and solutions are required. They cannot admit failure for sake of protecting their political behinds!

We shall overcome my ass. I am tired of republicans and democrats. I am sick of the debates about race. The war on poverty is a failure. I am tired of War. Environmentalist's are delusional for thinking that we can reverse warming, the third world is going to out do any good we do or have done. If you think the third world is going to pass a clean air and water act raise your hand. I am tired of freeloaders trying to get disability in their early years. I am weary of our leadership choices. Harvard, Harvard Yale, Yale, Harvard, Harvard, Yale. I am sick of the police using unnecessary force. It's out of control. Our country is as divided today as it was during Vietnam. If you boys don't mind I think I'll sit this election out. To quote General Sherman, "you politicians have gotten us in a hell of a mess and you can get us out as best you can. I will have none of it".

I feel your pain, Rock, but if you're not part of the solution you're perforce part of the problem, and there are definite differences between the two parties. One of them sometimes lives in the real world and the other never does.

Decisions get made (if at all) by those who show up.

Buzz, I'm an old cynic. I believe those decisions are made by those with the most money.

Buzz, I'm an old cynic. I believe those decisions are made by those with the most money.
To some extent, sure, but those with the most money sure weren't in favor of the gay rights movement, which is succeeding anyway. In politics money isn't an end, its a means, a means to buy votes and stay in office. People who organize sufficiently can still make a difference.

To some extent, sure, but those with the most money sure weren't in favor of the gay rights movement, which is succeeding anyway. In politics money isn't an end, its a means, a means to buy votes and stay in office. People who organize sufficiently can still make a difference.

I'm a long-time supporter of the "gay rights movement," but I'm not sure that I agree with this.

Rock, this is all about control. Will we be in control of our lives or will the govt take control. I think your weariness might be by design. The press continually makes it look like yours is the minority opinion. But it's not. We have people today whose job it is to post things on the internet using many accounts so that public opinion is swayed towards their cause. Keep the faith my man.

Pastor, the Republican Party isn't being decimated by the left and their media biased minions. The Republican party is being wrecked by self inflicted wounds. It would be hard to prove media bias when you look at talk radio and Fox news. When social issues take the place of business the party is off track. As the Old Testament professor stated when the administration wanted to move liberal arts out of the main classroom building and replace it with Communications. He stated the tail was waging the dog.

This kind of sums it up for me.

11351320_10152959784315197_5837810344679993091_n.jpg

I feel your pain, Rock, but if you're not part of the solution you're perforce part of the problem, and there are definite differences between the two parties. One of them sometimes lives in the real world and the other never does.

Decisions get made (if at all) by those who show up.

I think Lewis Black described the two parties best when he said DC consists of republicans farting and democrats asking to smell it. And how we used to elect alcoholics that would just get drunk together and come to agreements, but now we elect delusional religious zealots who only do what they claim God tells them to do.

Pastor, the Republican Party isn't being decimated by the left and their media biased minions. The Republican party is being wrecked by self inflicted wounds. It would be hard to prove media bias when you look at talk radio and Fox news. When social issues take the place of business the party is off track. As the Old Testament professor stated when the administration wanted to move liberal arts out of the main classroom building and replace it with Communications. He stated the tail was waging the dog.
Rock, the Republican Party went down hill when they left Reagan. Of course a lot of Repubs didn't like Reagan back in the day because they weren't true conservatives. I really feel that true conservatism wins because it is based on reality. Sure a lot of politicians can promise you the sky,but after the election they have a hard time collecting it. How can you really bottle up sky?

ADVERTISEMENT