ADVERTISEMENT

I hate the way IU is playing so late at night in the NCAA tournament.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
If I remember correctly, I didn't go to bed until after 1:00 a.m. Saturday after watching IU win. That's the latest I have been up in a long time.

The game against Miami doesn't start until 8:40 tonight and it won't surprise me if it actually begins at around 9:00. My guess is I won't be able to go to bed until after 11:00 tonight. That is tough on a 69-year-old guy who needs to get up at 5:30 or earlier Monday through Friday.

Reactions: Indyhorn
If I remember correctly, I didn't go to bed until after 1:00 a.m. Saturday after watching IU win. That's the latest I have been up in a long time.

The game against Miami doesn't start until 8:40 tonight and it won't surprise me if it actually begins at around 9:00. My guess is I won't be able to go to bed until after 11:00 tonight. That is tough on a 69-year-old guy who needs to get up at 5:30 or earlier Monday through Friday.
It’s rough on a 48 year old who has to be out the door at 5. 🤣

Reactions: VanPastorMan
Buddy, I generally go to work on Monday at 2 a.m.
I used to work all hours and shifts. It sucked. Did it for ten years or more. It makes you old fast. The shift I’m on now is a major blessing. The old me probably would just stay up. The new me would drink a cold one and go to bed. 🤣

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I used to work all hours and shifts. It sucked. Did it for ten years or more. It makes you old fast. The shift I’m on now is a major blessing. The old me probably would just stay up. The new me would drink a cold one and go to bed. 🤣

I don't have to go in that early, I chose to because, well, I want to avoid people because they generally suck.

Depending on how the game goes, I may make it to work on time and i may go in a little later. We'll see what happens 😄

The NCAA is the TV networks' whore - but she's a damn well-paid whore.

Reactions: bawlmer
The NCAA is the TV networks' whore - but she's a damn well-paid whore.
Amazingly it seems to me most of the commercials are either health care/drugs or insurance/financial. Seen a cpl Taco bell , Corona , Dickie V for Coors a few times .

They used to watch their dad’s watch sports.
I remember when I was a kid and my dad would get so mad during IU games. He would yell out, "they don't want to win". lol I love him. We watched an IU game together in his nursing home that was replayed on youtube. I told him that when he dies I will think of him every time I watch IU. In fact I think about him, his brothers and my cousins a lot because we are all die hard IU fans.

I just threw that out there to see if it stuck.

However! I think I read that young people have less patience for sitting through, say, four hour football broadcasts to catch 10-15 minutes of actual play.

It bores the “interactive generations.”

I don’t know!

However! I think I read that young people have less patience for sitting through, say, four hour football broadcasts to catch 10-15 minutes of actual play.

I don’t know!
It's why in baseball they are going to have a pitch clock. Not sure how that is gonna turn out.

I don’t know!

Oddly, the one sporting team my 16 year old will watch religiously is the Chiefs (they are my team, and I'm not a band wagoner, they've been my team ever since I saw Derrick Thomas and his 7 sack game against Seattle. In my young lifetime, maybe the greatest linebacker I've ever seen play).

I don't know how I didn't get through to her and Indiana.

Amazingly it seems to me most of the commercials are either health care/drugs or insurance/financial. Seen a cpl Taco bell , Corona , Dickie V for Coors a few times .
Surprised no betting ads. NCAA veto those?

Kids don’t watch sports.
I grew up in South Bend and used to watch ND football as a little kid and started watching IU basketball religiously at 10 years old. Then again, there was no internet, no streaming services, and when I was a kid there were the major networks and PBS (4 channels!), until we got cable when I was 14.

Kids today have too much entertainment.

Reactions: Radio Zero

I do as well but if they keep winning let the late night games continue!

Surprised no betting ads. NCAA veto those?
Could be? I cant believe almost no beer commercials although I could never understand those. Did Miller or Bud really think a commercial was going to change anyone's beer choices?

On Thursday it was a ton of WingStop and their lemon pepper dry rub wings

Could be? I cant believe almost no beer commercials although I could never understand those. Did Miller or Bud really think a commercial was going to change anyone's beer choices?
They’re geared towards the underaged. Remember the Spuds McKenzie dog?

I don’t know!

i read how everyone only watches sports live.

those people either love watching commercials, or haven't figured out you can record video now.

except rare exceptions, i haven't watched sports live since i got my first VCR in 1980 to record games when i wasn't home.

since my first DVRs in the early 90s, i always let the game get ahead of me before i start watching on the DVR.

even when watching with others, we let the game get ahead before we start watching.

not only can you skip all the commercials and time outs and halftime, but you can do all your own replays whenever you want.

makes the end of games watchable again, with play stopage after play stopage between every 20 seconds of action.

makes late night games watchable later if you have to crash.

and comes in handy for old guys like me who have to piss every 5 mins.

fact is, i watch virtually nothing live anymore, as the proliferation of commercials has made it literally unwatchable for me.

i would say commercial after commercial, but that would be very inaccurate.

other than sports, it's now commercial after commercial after commercial after commercial after commercial after commercial after commercial after commercial after commercial after commercial.

that's right, the average commercial break is now 5 mins, so each with 10 consecutive 30 second spots if all spots are 30 seconds.

really people, get a DVR, use it, and enjoy the games and any tv viewing again.

I don't have to go in that early, I chose to because, well, I want to avoid people because they generally suck.

Depending on how the game goes, I may make it to work on time and i may go in a little later. We'll see what happens 😄
I used to be social but I generally avoid people anymore. Especially coworkers.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Montgomery county
I just rememeber when he was playing, friend of mine and I went to a holiday game in Indy at I think still Market Square. Anyway we got some cheap tix and wasnt real full. We were sitting by ourselves and this attractive woman comes and sits with us. We're both kind of like OK? She was Kyle's GF in town by herself and wanted to sit with someone and picked us out. She was really nice and chatted about the game some. Made a boring game a little more interesting. We were both early 30's by this time

I hate, yes hate, watching IU games with other people. I'll read the game thread afterward for laughs, but won't follow it during the game for the same reason I watch alone.
I work in Kentucky and they have a few spazzes that break shit and scream.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT