ADVERTISEMENT

Hillary to announce on Sunday

davegolf

All-American
Sep 18, 2001
I am reminded of an Oscar Wilde quote "Ambition is the last refuge of the failure." A little rewording of the old Peter Principal also seems appropriate. 'Politicians' rise to the level of their incompetence. I would hope on both sides of the aisle we can get some new blood and get rid of the old political retreads with all the baggage and IOUs. If anyone has a good moderate who can handle the job let me know! Surely there are candidates who are not right or left kooks.

To Dave,

anybody left of Attila the Hun would be leftwing kook. That is funny!
laugh.r191677.gif

Re: To Dave,

You are so wrong in so many ways! Hillary has baggage galore we need some new moderate blood. I would actually be open for an Independent who can lead, motivate, has a soul and can unite us. Reading as much as I can on Carly Fiorina. Know nothing about her but heard her on one of the news shows and she sounded at least interesting.

What "baggage galore" does Hilary have, except that you hate her? Many consider her a moderate liberal, and you are not one of those many. Carly Fiorina is an independent? The last time I saw her in the political arena, she was espousing conservative lines. Her only credential was that she was a CEO at HP. Look up what she accomplished there before you endorse her.

Give me a break they have been all over the Internet and attacked by her democratic foes. I think her major problems will come from the Foundation Donations by the foreign powers during her term as Secretary of State and before. She is by no means clean. Independence to be me is more about avoiding the establishment rather than philosophical preference.

Then stop conflating "moderate" and "independent"

Hillary is certainly not an independent, but she's probably a lot more moderate than Fiorina.

I do think Fiorina would be a quality choice for the GOP, but she's definitely got strong conservative creds.

Or even better . . .

Stop using those meaningless terms altogether.

Also, your regard for Carly Fiorina baffles me. Her greatest achievement was not quite destroying Hewlett-Packard, she's a terrible candidate, and she says crazy stuff like this. Obviously I think she'd be an ideal Republican nominee, right behind Rick Perry, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, Ben Carson, and anyone else who's in the clown car.

This post was edited on 4/11 8:44 AM by Rockfish1

Re: Or even better . . .

Agree with your clown car and none have earned my support. As to the Fiorna statement water problems in the west have a basis in a lot of tree hugger polices and mismanagement. I lived in CA for a short period of time and they knew about the water problems years and years ago. The environmentalists stopped solutions at every corner and now they are paying for their inaction. A great comparison is the Mississinewa Reservoir in Indiana. The environmentalists and others tried to stop but great Democratic Governors and Legislative leadership pushed back and the reservoir was built for flood control and it has worked along with providing recreational facilities, water and beauty. When the water was down several years ago I walked the old Somerset road and saw the foundation of the house where Dad was born and a lot of my relatives lived.

Speaking of CA.

From water, to minorities, to businesses, to education etc etc CA is the poster child of failed liberal policies. Listen to one of the strong voices of CA politics Ms Pelosi and in her you have a real clown and kook whose mouth runs faster than her brain.

Do you sleep well at night?

You seem to be full of hatred. Is that what you learned at your church? I thought Jesus taught us against hatred.

Calm down, amigo. Try to think "love" as Jesus tried to teach you, not "hatred." It may make you sleep better, amigo.

Do you know the worst thing about Dave's posts?

They attract so many posts like yours. You guys remind me of flies on a dog turd on a hot summer day. But I guess flies gotta eat too.

Re: Do you know the worst thing about Dave's posts?

The mantra on the left is always to kill the messenger because the truth hurts so bad!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Says the guy who dismisses others as kooks.

C'mon Dave. Accusing the left of engaging in ad hominem attacks is humorous. Especially on this forum, where personal vitriol on the left is easily at least matched by that on the right.

You gotta be kidding!

Messenger:
"someone who delivers a message or does other small jobs that
involve going somewhere." - Webster's Dictionary.

So, what message have you delivered? Words of hatred,
which is not even remotely accurate? I am so surprised that a man with
college education, and I am assuming that you have, still talks like well, I
would rather stop here. What a waste!!!

This post was edited on 4/11 9:23 PM by meridian

Nice to see you acknowledge

That Dave shits all over the board. Now if you'd only realize that you do it too.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You will be glad to know I will be off line for awhile so enjoy beating up someone else.

Ben Carson's not in the clown car

He's too busy having a dialog with himself about clown cars and what the country should do about them

This post was edited on 4/11 7:49 PM by Noodle

The only person on this site with less self-awareness...

is McNutt on the OTF. And this is ignoring that you once linked to a neo-Nazi site and then got on others for pointing that out. You can't keep complaining about attacks when you constantly insult "the left." Just go look at your post history.

No, he gives well thought out

responses in most cases. You just don't agree with his responses. There's some on here that all they do is give one line sarcastic remarks. I guess it's easy to do that when you don't have any thoughts of your own.

There's no away he sleeps with how much he talks to himself. . .

Look at how many times he responds to his own posts in a thread. I suppose when senility sets in it's hard to collect all your thoughts at once. Maybe I'm being too rough.

How is your shoulder?

I know people who required rotator cuff surgery after patting themselves on their back so hard.

Is your life so pathetic that you need to come here and say "I'm a smart and clever SOB too; but you beat me to it"?

Nah, you aren't being too rough

you are just being a bigoted asshole with that senile bullshit.

How's yours?

I can't begin to imagine the workout regimen that must accompany the sincere decision to serve as davegolf's wingman. #pathetic
This post was edited on 4/12 12:22 PM by Rockfish1

Bigoted?

It's notable that your recognition of "bigotry" extends no further than the victim that you sense you are. #oldwhiteguysareentitled

old age = senile is bigoted.

Libs like you and a few others on this board are a dime a dozen. The posts directed at dave personally outnumber substance by at least 10 to 1. Why post at all if all ya'll can mange are personal attacks?

Next question.

I cannot think of a more underwhelming candidate

Mitt Romney would have been more exciting. And that is saying something.

Oh, that Fiorina

I thought Dave might be referring to Fiona of Shameless who is very independent
ohwell.r191677.gif

o-SHAMELESS-SEASON-4-POSTER-facebook.jpg

blankimage.png

Sadly, I agree

I'll vote for her if it comes to it, but I'll do it without enthusiasm. She'd be better than President Walker or another President Bush, but that's a low bar. She's too corporate, too hawkish, and too establishment. Maybe she'll surprise me and do what a Democrat ought to do.

Also . . .

I'm not convinced she's a good poilitician. She's never beaten anyone of any consequence. Her name is "Clinton" so everyone thinks she rocks, but I don't see the skills. Instead I see a scarred and brittle candidate who lacks what Bubba had in abundance. As happy I'd be to vote for a female President, she worries me.
This post was edited on 4/12 1:01 PM by Rockfish1

Agree on this front

I don't see her nearly as Hawkish as you do, but I do see her as a wife that road her husband's coattails into national relevance. You can find more worthy women on either side of the aisle who made their own careers. I also have no respect for someone that stood by their spouse through that mess, particularly since it was politically-motivated.

The benefits of Jeb are...

supposed to be that he is more moderate. Perhaps that is true, but there are too many in the middle of the political spectrum that dislike the Bush family. Not to mention this would be the third Bush in three decades.

Speak for yourself!

Nobody can beat you and Dave on that score. I think you guys own a patent on that business. If you know how to read, you will notice that my attacks on you and Dave are mostly response to yours and Dave's, just as this one.

But then, I doubt you would be able to recognize such fine details.
eek.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT