ADVERTISEMENT

Highlights & Updates of Indy Elite Adidas 3SSB play w/ Mullins, Sisley, & Moreno.

Jim Coyle

Publisher
Feb 28, 2020
Bloomington, IN
thhehoosier.com
Indiana Elite was in action over the weekend at the Pacers Athletic Center in Westfield. And not that Indiana Elite does not have a roster full of talented players like big man Dezmon Briscoe (Indianapolis Crispus Attucks) and PG Mark Zachery (Indianapolis Ben Davis), a 4-star defensive back who holds 30 offers to play football at places like Florida, Notre Dame, and Ohio State, but it was Braylon Mullins (Greenfield Central), Trent Sisley (Heritage Hills), and Malachi Mareno (Great Crossing High School in Georgetown, Kentucky) who were the center of most people's attention.

Indiana Elite highlights from the Pacers Athletic Center 4-26, 27/24

Reactions: 76-1
Indiana has not landed a shooting guard like Braylon Mullins in quite a while. He's got skillz, and the z was purposeful. He can easily shoot the deep ball with a smooth stroke, or beat a defender off the dribble, get to the rim and try to dunk on them. He's got moxy. The 6'-5" shooter will be in the mix for 2025 Indiana Mr. Basketball. He reminds me of a young Kyle Guy. He is the type of player that Hoosier fans will love because; he's from Indiana and the dude can just flat out play. He's fun to watch.

Outside of Jalen Harralson, Heritage Hills wing Trent Sisley is probably the heaviest recruit in Indiana's 2025 class. Another that will be deeply in the mix for Indiana Mr. Basketball. Sisley holds offers from and is being heavily pursued by Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Iowa, and others. The 6'-8" wing can also shoot from deep, leading Heritage Hills HS in 3-pt shooting last season. Sisley can also go inside and bang with the big boys and he's a good free throw shooter. Being a Southern Indiana kid, IU fans would be a little miffed to see Purdue come in and steal another player out from under the program like it did with Trey Kaufman-Renn.

Malachi Moreno, who already has close to 30 offers, apparently received another one from Illinois this past Saturday while he was compiling the highlights below. That's slightly odd since there was no visit of any kind and most likely came over the phone from Illini coach Brad Underwood. Moreno is going to be a good get wherever he winds up. At 7'-1", he is a shot blocking machine, but probably forces as many altered shots, which do not show up in a stat sheet, but are visible the naked eye, especially the eyes of a coach. He has good ball skills and can bring the ball up the floor and just take it to the rim with complete confidence if he spies a path. I would guess that Indiana, Kentucky, and Arkansas will be the favorites, but there is still time.

How much of a break did these kids get after the high school season? Anyone know? A week? I'm not thrilled to see summer highlights in late April.

In terms of players, who knows. I imagine Woodson has to have a good season next year to land any of them so maybe it doesn't matter for 8 months or so.

Indiana Elite was in action over the weekend at the Pacers Athletic Center in Westfield. And not that Indiana Elite does not have a roster full of talented players like big man Dezmon Briscoe (Indianapolis Crispus Attucks) and PG Mark Zachery (Indianapolis Ben Davis), a 4-star defensive back who holds 30 offers to play football at places like Florida, Notre Dame, and Ohio State, but it was Braylon Mullins (Greenfield Central), Trent Sisley (Heritage Hills), and Malachi Mareno (Great Crossing High School in Georgetown, Kentucky) who were the center of most people's attention.

Indiana Elite highlights from the Pacers Athletic Center 4-26, 27/24

Not sure why it seemed we softened on Sisley a bit, but I think I'd be putting the full court press on all 3 + Haralson. They don't seem intent on playing together, but maybe that would be a draw. Felt like Leary thought Mullins is the real prize.

How much of a break did these kids get after the high school season? Anyone know? A week? I'm not thrilled to see summer highlights in late April.

In terms of players, who knows. I imagine Woodson has to have a good season next year to land any of them so maybe it doesn't matter for 8 months or so.
Travel ball usually starts soon after high school season is over…..Indiana high school state championship was played on March 30 of this year so unless they win a state championship, I’d say they were off for 6 weeks of playing meaningful games…..enough time to get out of shape, rusty and not do well unless they stayed busy and continued to work on their game which everyone on this board seems to think must happen in the off season including moving into and sleeping at cook hall

I think we'll need 7 minimum next year.

Moreno, Tiller, Sisley, Harrelson, Mullins

The best 5 in the portal with another Goode.
that would be a haul. I don't know beans about recruiting, but it sure feels like we swooned on Sisley long enough for Painter to swoop in and I feel like just from reading his comments they lead now. My hope was that maybe by re-engaging and also pursuing Mullins and Moreno maybe playing with them would be enticing. Hard to understand why we went silent, but also hard to understand how you do that with McNeeley after he commits, especially when you're pursuing his teammate so hard.

Reactions: Florida4IU
Outside of Jalen Harralson, Heritage Hills wing Trent Sisley is probably the heaviest recruit in Indiana's 2025 class. Another that will be deeply in the mix for Indiana Mr. Basketball. Sisley holds offers from and is being heavily pursued by Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Iowa, and others. The 6'-8" wing can also shoot from deep, leading Heritage Hills HS in 3-pt shooting last season. Sisley can also go inside and bang with the big boys and he's a good free throw shooter. Being a Southern Indiana kid, IU fans would be a little miffed to see Purdue come in and steal another player out from under the program like it did with Trey Kaufman-Renn.

I've seen him a bunch..
Up close..
He's fallen 20 or so spots..
He's ok..He'd be solid..
But I'm not over the top about him.
Hasn't been able to completely take over games.To win in a pretty weak 3/A sectional yet..

An absolutely huge weekend for Indiana Elite and for three of Indiana's top targets in the 2025 class. Braylon Mullins (Greenfield Central), Trent Sisley (Heritage Hills) and Malachi Moreo (Great Crossing HS - Georgetown, KY) lit it up at the Adidas 3SSB Circuit 2 in Birmingham, AL this weekend. Indiana Elite is now 12-0 in circuit play in their quest to finish with a 3SSB championship.

Bralon Mullins averaged 20 ppg over the 5 game weekend for Indiana Elite. Malachi Moreno had 2 double-doubles, coming up big in Elite's 96-90 win today with 30 & 10. Trent Sisley also had a double of his own today with 14 & 13. Moreno & Sisley scored in double figures in 4 of the 5 games, coming up just 3 points shy in game 4 which had a final score of just 50-22.

Fri May 3 INDIANA ELITE 3SSB won 84-69 vs Phenom United 3SSB (OH)
Braylon Mullins 28 pts 11/18 FG, 6/10 3FG (60%), 6 rebs, 3 asst
Trent Sisley 22 pts 10/14 FG, 2/5 3FG, 4 rebs
Malachi Moreno 12 pts 6/11 FG, 14 rebs

Fri May 3
INDIANA ELITE 3SSB won 68-48 vs Mass Rivals 3SSB (MA)
Braylon Mullins 19 pts 8/14 FG, 2/5 3FG
Malachi Moreno 16 pts 8/10 FG, 5 rebs, 4 asst, 2 blks
Trent Sisley 14 pts, 6/10 FG, 2/5 3FG, 5 rebs

Sat May 4 INDIANA ELITE 3SSB won 67-47 vs Atlanta Celtics 3SSB (GA)
Trent Sisley 13 pts, 6/11 FG, 7 rebs, 4 asst
Braylon Mullins 13 pts 5/14 FG, 3 rebs
Malachi Moreno 10 pts, 5/9 FG, 7 rebs

Sat May 4 INDIANA ELITE 3SSB won 50-22 vs Gamepoint 3SSB (CA)
Braylon Mullins 23 pts 9/13 FG, 6 rebs, 3 asst
Malachi Moreno 8 PTS 4/6 FG, 5 rebs, 3 blks
Trent Sisley 9 pts, 4 rebs, 4 asst

Sun May 5 INDIANA ELITE 3SSB won 96-90 vs @ ASAK Elite 3SSB (TX)
Malachi Moreno 30 points, 10 rebs, 5 blks, 4 assts.
Braylon Mullins 17 pts, 5 rebs, 5 assts.
Trent Sisley 14 pts, 13 rebs

Indiana Elite will be in Indianapolis next weekend, May 11 & 12, for the Adidas May Classic. Then they travel to Bryan, TX playing four more 3SSB games May 17-19 that will include 3 of the top 5 teams in their pool.

Reactions: kkott and 76-1
Not sure why it seemed we softened on Sisley a bit, but I think I'd be putting the full court press on all 3 + Haralson. They don't seem intent on playing together, but maybe that would be a draw. Felt like Leary thought Mullins is the real prize.
For what it's worth, I don't think IU "softened," I believe they maintained what was their normal, casual effort. Matt Painter's recruiting efforts have not been casual.

Reactions: kkott
I've seen him a bunch..
Up close..
He's fallen 20 or so spots..
He's ok..He'd be solid..
But I'm not over the top about him.
Hasn't been able to completely take over games.To win in a pretty weak 3/A sectional yet..
That is a little difficult when you have literally no help whatsoever and are being double and triple teamed because of that. He has been a model on consistent production on a 12-0 team playing on the 3SSB circuit this summer. Hitting from deep, rebounding, and scoring and in the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT