ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Experience

eyeuguy

Recruit
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2003
Anyone else feel like IU can do some simple things to improve the game day experience in the stadium?
OK, the product on the field is hard to take so do a few other things to make it better.
First, there are two large screens. On those screens they show zero in game stats or scores of other games. Why? The largest scoreboard on the south end has advertising banners on both sides for the entire game. Stats and scores can go there and rotate with ads. The north board is small and the video is really not useful there. Stats and scores could go there.
I know, people can use their phones. I don't know about others, but I cannot get data with that many people banging the cell service all at once. Besides, I don't want to be pulling out my phone for that.
I hate the policy to not show any replays while under review. Are they afraid the crowd will get too excited?? Total BS.
The concessions need changed. When there is a good crowd it takes way too long to get even a simple drink, like a water when it is hot. Separate concessions for bottled water, soda, and beer would make a huge difference, especially in the upper arena.
There is nothing I am suggesting here that does not happen at other stadiums. I have experienced them first hand. Why can't IU be better at creating a better in game experience?

I know there is nothing they can really do about it, but the TV timeouts are ridiculous. The games are consistently taking almost 4 hours. No wonder people are leaving and not coming back. We are consistently hitting the 3 hour mark in the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News