ADVERTISEMENT

First portal commit Justice Ellison

He was one of 2 feature backs for Wake. Always good to get a veteran guy with P5 action.
Wasn’t recruited out of high school by many but must have been under the radar to get the carries he did there.

Reactions: red hornet
Role player at Wake.

Intelligent, great athlete, leader and most importantly, a Winner...

Certainly won't hurt us and might have a breakout year which, of course, is what both he and INDIANA are shooting for...

Intangibles grade: B+
Area of need grade: B+
Projected contributions towards a Championship grade: B

Solid B+ pickup

What's not to like...

Put enough of these types together and they're bound to find a way to Win...

Now for some Offensive Linemen, a Big Time QB, a couple of WR's and perhaps a TE to go along with him on O.

200.gif

Role player at Wake.

Intelligent, great athlete, leader and most importantly, a Winner...

Certainly won't hurt us and might have a breakout year which, of course, is what both he and INDIANA are shooting for...

Intangibles grade: B+
Area of need grade: B+
Projected contributions towards a Championship grade: B

Solid B+ pickup

What's not to like...

Put enough of these types together and they're bound to find a way to Win...

Now for some Offensive Linemen, a Big Time QB, a couple of WR's and perhaps a TE to go along with him on O.

The funny thing here is that while he was a “role-player” for Wake Forest, he had as many yards as most of our featured backs in a season and when was the last time we had a running back that was on the third place all conference team?

The funny thing here is that while he was a “role-player” for Wake Forest, he had as many yards as most of our featured backs in a season and when was the last time we had a running back that was on the third place all conference team?
Justice Ellison ran for 73yds. against ND this past fall & over 60 yds in 5 games with over a 120yds. against Georgia Tech.

Impressive dude. Do some research on him. He wants to be here and loves Bloomington. If you run into him give him a hell yeah or fist bump. The turner stuff is awesome. We know Bloomington is special.

This is the type of tough mentality coach is looking for. If you get a roster full of these types of guys, fall Saturdays in Bloomington will look much different.

I like the positivity from so many of the portal guys about competing for a spot.

On a different player, only change from positive expression I saw on Myles Price from Texas Tech in his spring practice presser was when a reporter said we had brought in a lot of 'slot receivers' and asked Price what the role for that spot would be. His expression changed briefly then went to full positive again. I don't think Price liked being pigeon holed. I'm sure he feels he can play stretch the field just as well. He also exuded positivity about competition.

Gotta like Justice! Seems like a good man.

Get those yards and touchdowns! I'm excited to have him, I expect he's B1G ready.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT