ADVERTISEMENT

Delete...

This is a close one.

And I'm primarily troubled by it because of the tone, which is a bit strident, and which makes the post look like flame-baiting. If you had really wanted to foment a discussion rather than a foodfight you'd have posted in a different vein.

I'd have preferred that, because I think the issue you raise is one worth discussing. Events of the last decade or so, economic and otherwise, have marginalized a lot of American citizens, and as history teaches, people who think they've lost most or all of what they care about most deeply, including their hope for the future, can be led to radicalism fairly easily.

I'm going to leave this up, therefore, while cautioning you, in the nature of a last warning, to be less strident and apocalyptic in his approach to issues like this one. Some of the responses are going to be deleted, though, because they're in the nature of atacks on the poster rather than responses, even hostile ones, to the ideas expressed, and everyone who frequents this place knows that's not allowed.

Am I supposed to care enough about you to read this novel of crap?

If so I may need to take my work time interwebs somewhere else

I don't know, am I supposed to think your gay-ass nickname is obvious,

stupid or just not funny? You and Buck Naked go ahead and take your shit elsewhere.
This post was edited on 8/28 11:43 AM by Seyton

But Rangeline said today was smackdown Friday and to come hard with it

Am I misinterpreting the spirit of Smackdown Friday? I'm new to this, but my response to Mustache Rides stands regardless.
This post was edited on 8/28 11:47 AM by Seyton

No ... you're on the right path

Internet humor is dead....
This post was edited on 8/28 7:14 PM by Homercles

You are the wind beneath my wings

O Captain, My Captain!

Your hate and bile sustain me.
This post was edited on 8/28 12:06 PM by Sarcastic Mike

If you're paying her 23 grand, don't you have a right to speak up to her?

Despite the fact that 23 grand seems ungodly expensive, you're pretty much her "client" so it's your right to speak up and express what you seek from her.

And how does she have a right to b*tch about your kids? Doesn't she realize it's her JOB to see over them, whether they're being good or bad?

...or I guess you could just kill her.

Where do you live?....

$23,000 is unbelievable, you can drop them off at my office and I will keep them alive all day for $15000. We get great catered lunches.

$23K?.

Hell, we pay less than that and we live IN the city, and the babe gets served up catered organic food on a daily basis. But they like my girl and she rarely gets anything but positive feedback.

(Oops, just realized you have TWO for that price. I've just been reassured that yes, I still am getting completely screwed.)

Maybe your kids really are jerks? (J/K)

At $23K, it makes more sense to have your wife stay home & care for them.

Unless she's making over 60K or 70K, after taxes and paying daycare it's not worth all the extra stress and trouble. My wife didn't go back to work until the kid was in 1st grade.

I really don't understand the women that have a baby, and 4 months later they dump the kid off at daycare and they're back at work. What's the point?

Because women get fulfillment from working?

And not from being home FT with an infant?

You can love and want to have kids and not be home with them 24-7.

And some women can actually earn more than 50K (even 6 figures!) and live in an HCOL area and it may make zero sense at all to stay home?
This post was edited on 8/28 12:57 PM by HoosierPeach

Delete

This wasn't even on topic... even so - it's outta here.
This post was edited on 8/28 6:39 PM by Seyton

Chicago.

A couple blocks from Wrigley. Dusto is in town for the game, and I actually will be out tonight in Wrigleyville...I may stumble over his drunk ass on the way home. :)

Grew up in ATL and IN...lived in Indy after grad school...so you weren't totally wrong!

Yup.

We were going to name taking a crap after him, but that was already taken by BIO.

I also find kids with stay at home moms can struggle socially

Especially if the mom didn't make an effort to get the kids involved with other children. I've also noticed children with stay at home moms don't adjust to change as well because their lives are so routine. Last week when school started, there were lots of stories of kindergarten kids freaking out. Luckily my son walked into school like he owned the place. IMO, kids do better in a quality daycare environment then being stuck with mom all day.

I am superwoman.

I can do it all. Now let me just get down from my cross here... ;)

We share a lot of the responbilities, although he does do guy-oriented jobs like taking out the trash.

Actually I'd recommend not being with the kids 24-7...

There is no doubt in my mind that a housewife with kids is the hardest job on earth. No doubt.

Good for you. But how's your stress level?

Seems like a lot of energy and stress is spent taking kids to and from daycare, plus worrying about them while they're there.

Do you even have the time or energy left to service your husband?

FWIW

This thread should have been Legendarized.

Aruss....
This post was edited on 8/28 8:58 PM by Moops

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT