ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Phillips is running for the Democratic nomination for President.

Interesting district. He represents most of Minny’s affluent suburbs. A pretty purple area I would assume. Maybe if we have a board Minnesotan they could confirm but I don’t believe we do.

I’d vote for him if I was a democrat, but alas I am not.

I saw this on his site:

In Congress, Dean is focused on restoring Americans' faith in our government. He's on a mission to inspire a new era of collaboration in Washington, pursue common ground for the common good, and end the corrupting influence of special interest money in our politics.​
It truncated so on edit - I like this but it is just fluff by itself. I need to learn details about him. He is so unknown, his wife probably doesn't know details.

Interesting district. He represents most of Minny’s affluent suburbs. A pretty purple area I would assume. Maybe if we have a board Minnesotan they could confirm but I don’t believe we do.

I’d vote for him if I was a democrat, but alas I am not.

@TommyCracker is also from MN. He's seems like a fairly moderate Democrat, more in the ilk of Klobuchar. I'm stuck in Omar's district based on how the lines are drawn, so I don't know a whole lot about Phillips b/c I haven't paid attention much. Paulsen was a RINO (to use the modern slang for traditional Republican) and certainly more moderate than some of what you see today and he lost to Phillips after a multi-term run.

Here's Dean's chart

lFYt6Tc.png

Reactions: BradStevens
@TommyCracker is also from MN. He's seems like a fairly moderate Democrat, more in the ilk of Klobuchar. I'm stuck in Omar's district based on how the lines are drawn, so I don't know a whole lot about Phillips b/c I haven't paid attention much. Paulsen was a RINO (to use the modern slang for traditional Republican) and certainly more moderate than some of what you see today and he lost to Phillips after a multi-term run.

Here's Dean's chart

lFYt6Tc.png
Knowing nothing about the man other than he's running against Biden and that chart, I like him.

If Biden debates him, it would be fascinating. He won't, though.

I listened to an interview with this guy today. He seems like a moderate Democrat based on that interview and the chart linked earlier. He also sounds intelligent and lucid. Unfortunately, that's something that President Biden is not doing so well at lately. I personally don't think Biden will run and this guy is at least an alternative for the Democrat side.

I listened to an interview with this guy today. He seems like a moderate Democrat based on that interview and the chart linked earlier. He also sounds intelligent and lucid. Unfortunately, that's something that President Biden is not doing so well at lately. I personally don't think Biden will run and this guy is at least an alternative for the Democrat side.

In about half the states, to be on the ballot you have to have the signatures and paperwork filed by Dec 31. If Biden isn't going to run, time is really running out.

In about half the states, to be on the ballot you have to have the signatures and paperwork filed by Dec 31. If Biden isn't going to run, time is really running out.
I imagine that's Phillips' thing. He's already gone on the record saying Biden should not run. But he knows if Biden runs, he'll be the nominee. He doesn't think he can beat Biden. What he wants to do is be on the ballot, ready to go, in case Biden comes to his senses. The only problem with that is that he's going to have to find a way to raise enough money to make that happen. I once volunteered for Dennis Kucinich a long time ago, so I know how difficult ballot access can be without a paid army.

Reactions: BradStevens
I imagine that's Phillips' thing. He's already gone on the record saying Biden should not run. But he knows if Biden runs, he'll be the nominee. He doesn't think he can beat Biden. What he wants to do is be on the ballot, ready to go, in case Biden comes to his senses. The only problem with that is that he's going to have to find a way to raise enough money to make that happen. I once volunteered for Dennis Kucinich a long time ago, so I know how difficult ballot access can be without a paid army.

He is worth $80 million, so he can fund some.

I would sign a petition for him. I was walking downtown a month ago and a guy was standing there asking people to sign for Christie, the guy said he received a dollar a signature. I have no problem signing for almost anyone, I like choices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT