ADVERTISEMENT

Could Crean find a home at BYU?

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
Or do they already have their man? Maybe Crean could find his final landing spot with them. Thoughts? Anyone care? vbg

Not sure I care, if I'm being honest....but I did run into him and his wife at lunch in Sarasota last Sunday. That's all the input I have.

Reactions: Al Bino
i do honestly think he could work there. less pressure, more hidden gems near idaho, etc. it's perfect for him, but he loves fools gold a lot and they'll expect a decent team there for a decent program

i do honestly think he could work there. less pressure, more hidden gems near idaho, etc. it's perfect for him, but he loves fools gold a lot and they'll expect a decent team there for a decent program
Yeah, he could load up with Tim Prillers' and Peter Jurkins'.types.

I think he might do well there. But, since caffeinated drinks are frowned upon in some LDS circles, he may have to hide his stash of court side Diet Cokes in non-clear “water” bottles.
They'd frown about more than that. He's Catholic.

This. His ego wont allow him to coach at a mid major. Atleast I think so. Georgia really humbled him.
I’m surprised he was that bad at UGA given he was good at Marquette and okay at IU. It seems Marquette is a pretty well run program, a lot of different coaches have done reasonably well there. UGA might just be a nightmare to coach at… or Tom lost his touch for some reason.

I’m surprised he was that bad at UGA given he was good at Marquette and okay at IU. It seems Marquette is a pretty well run program, a lot of different coaches have done reasonably well there. UGA might just be a nightmare to coach at… or Tom lost his touch for some reason.
He networked his way into two great basketball jobs then got exposed at Georgia. There’s a reason he doesn’t have a job at 58 years old.

He networked his way into two great basketball jobs then got exposed at Georgia. There’s a reason he doesn’t have a job at 58 years old.
Didn't he lose basically his whole team one year, maybe after covid? Hard to recover from that. He's mediocre but still better than the others IU has had since 2001.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT