ADVERTISEMENT

Considering the pis#ing contest

Middle of the pack, sounds about right. Most of the spring games I checked-out were sparsely attended. Only the football factories make a big deal out of it .... most people can find something better to do on a spring weekend.

Middle of the pack, sounds about right. Most of the spring games I checked-out were sparsely attended. Only the football factories make a big deal out of it .... most people can find something better to do on a spring weekend.

Is there something bad about football factories having great attendance in the spring game? Is it because they have nothing else to do or is it because attending the spring game is something they are excited about. What was the reason any of the Hoosier fans attended their spring game? I don't ever hear anything negative about great crowds for Midnight Madness. Basketball is your passion and football is ours and has been for a hundred years or more

:D:D
Is there something bad about football factories having great attendance in the spring game? Is it because they have nothing else to do or is it because attending the spring game is something they are excited about. What was the reason any of the Hoosier fans attended their spring game? I don't ever hear anything negative about great crowds for Midnight Madness. Basketball is your passion and football is ours and has been for a hundred years or more

Given the choice, I'd much rather the Buckeye fans I have met in Bloomington go to the Ahia State Spring Game than go on the road to Bloomington again.

Both. Ohio fans are excited about the event and there is nothing else to do in Columbus.

Reactions: Irregulars
Pretty impressive to me considering the schools that are reported. Surprised UK is not listed as they do have terrific attendance at their reg season games. Plus Keeneland was open. More importantly the IU figures show there is a lot of interest in IU fb that is going untapped. As we continue to improve with wins, this is going to be a terrific program. We are now competitive. It is time to turn that into wins against all programs. Attendance will be there. Besides the Bucket games I have been to, the LSU game in 76(?) was the loudest and one of the most fun games I have ever been to at Memorial Stadium. Would love for it to be that way every game.

The dormers with 3,500 is interesting and there is nothing else to do in SB.

That is the one I found most interesting. Nearly 1/3 of what IU had in terms of attendance for spring games. That is almost unbelievable-but it must be believed cause it's on the Inter-Web. ;)

Interesting that 6 of the top 8 in B1G attendance are from the east division. Maybe supports argument of stacked division. Not that it's necessarily bad. Good selling point as far as interest top to bottom.

Pretty impressive to me considering the schools that are reported. Surprised UK is not listed as they do have terrific attendance at their reg season games. Plus Keeneland was open. More importantly the IU figures show there is a lot of interest in IU fb that is going untapped. As we continue to improve with wins, this is going to be a terrific program. We are now competitive. It is time to turn that into wins against all programs. Attendance will be there. Besides the Bucket games I have been to, the LSU game in 76(?) was the loudest and one of the most fun games I have ever been to at Memorial Stadium. Would love for it to be that way every game.

Kentucky did not have a game this year. They are renovating Commonwealth Stadium.

Watched Wisconsin spring game on t.v. and they are perennially one of the top 4 football programs in the conference and their crowd was sparse. Although, there was 45 degree weather that day but they do have a new coach.

I was there too and you are right. Lots of fun, great game. New Orleans was really fun too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT