ADVERTISEMENT

Celebrity bookings for your next shindig - kind of interesting

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
Ever wonder how much it would cost to have Alicia Keys play at your daughter's wedding? ($750K - $1M). A little strapped for cash? How about 10,000 Maniacs (minus Natalie Merchant) for a mere $10K-$20K? Then again, who would want 10,000 Maniacs without Merchant?

Or, how about hiring the two cheapest (of the six) Creedence tribute bands - Creedence Again and Creedence Forever - for $2,500 to $7,500 each, and have them play at opposite ends of the reception hall. Best tribute band gets a $2,500 bonus.

But, my favorite has got to be former Purdue football coach, Darrell Hazell for a mere $25K-$40K. I mean, who doesn't want a coach who managed to win 3 Big Ten games in 3.5 seasons as head coach of Purdue.?

Ever wonder how much it would cost to have Alicia Keys play at your daughter's wedding? ($750K - $1M). A little strapped for cash? How about 10,000 Maniacs (minus Natalie Merchant) for a mere $10K-$20K? Then again, who would want 10,000 Maniacs without Merchant?

Or, how about hiring the two cheapest (of the six) Creedence tribute bands - Creedence Again and Creedence Forever - for $2,500 to $7,500 each, and have them play at opposite ends of the reception hall. Best tribute band gets a $2,500 bonus.

But, my favorite has got to be former Purdue football coach, Darrell Hazell for a mere $25K-$40K. I mean, who doesn't want a coach who managed to win 3 Big Ten games in 3.5 seasons as head coach of Purdue.?

Buddy was at a convention where the gin blossoms played this year. Said they got $150,000 for the gig. I was shocked

4b76f6bfd3814f4a143046a285b3b574.jpg

This is who.

My old boss back in the 70's had a wife book Buddy Guy for her husband's birthday party at his first restaurant. Said the entire band came in, set up, played three hours, then left. No drinking, no hanging, just music and done. Apparently she paid them a couple hundred bucks each plus gas money from Chicago and back.

Celebrity Talent International LLC

Kindly permit this letter to serve as my notice of representation of Fools LLC, owners of The Water Cooler (formerly The Irish Lion) in Bloomington, Indiana. My clients engaged Jack Nicholson for The Water Cooler’s ribbon cutting and to provide two hours of storytelling and customer engagement. The fee for this service was $1,000,000.

To the shock of my clients Celebrity Talent International sent Jack Nicklaus to their grand opening. As you can imagine Mr. Nicklaus, while a legendary golfer, did not provide the sort of “vibe” we desired.

Immediately forward this letter to your counsel so that we may begin negotiating a refund and settlement. In the meantime, I shall remain,

Yours in anger,

Noodle
Counsel for Fools LLC

Thank God Hazell didn't win more games. Dude is out here charging $10k plus per win to show up at a shindig where you know he's eating all the burgers and cake he can.

• Haha
Reactions: Noodle

Kindly permit this letter to serve as my notice of representation of Fools LLC, owners of The Water Cooler (formerly The Irish Lion) in Bloomington, Indiana. My clients engaged Jack Nicholson for The Water Cooler’s ribbon cutting and to provide two hours of storytelling and customer engagement. The fee for this service was $1,000,000.

To the shock of my clients Celebrity Talent International sent Jack Nicklaus to their grand opening. As you can imagine Mr. Nicklaus, while a legendary golfer, did not provide the sort of “vibe” we desired.

Immediately forward this letter to your counsel so that we may begin negotiating a refund and settlement. In the meantime, I shall remain,

Yours in anger,

Noodle
Counsel for Fools LLC
Really should be A Confederacy of Dunces, LLC

Last edited:

Yours in anger,

Noodle
Counsel for Fools LLC
PS: Please apologize, again, to Mr. Nicklaus for my clients' insistence that he recreate the scene from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and their imitations of said scene in front of his wife.

My old boss back in the 70's had a wife book Buddy Guy for her husband's birthday party at his first restaurant. Said the entire band came in, set up, played three hours, then left. No drinking, no hanging, just music and done. Apparently she paid them a couple hundred bucks each plus gas money from Chicago and back.
A guy that was in my graduating high school class goes all over the place to conventions where he can pay to 'meet' celebrities. They're all people most of us here would recognize, but they're all sort of past their prime. Basically he pays to get in a receiving line to shake their hands, ask a few questions, get a picture and move on.

Just last week he posted a picture on facebook of him with John Schneider, Tom Wopat and Catherine Bach. A few weeks ago he was somewhere where he got a picture with the cast of the Breakfast Club, minus Emilio Estevez. I asked him a while back how he was able to do that and in addition to paying for the conference, those types of meet and greets can be as much as a few hundred dollars.

He's not married and doesn't have any kids, so I guess that's how he gets his kicks.

One of the best party bands ever, Cowboy Mouth, is available for $15,000 to $30,000!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
One of the best party bands ever, Cowboy Mouth, is available for $15,000 to $30,000!

Cowboy Mouth is 100% fun.

I've always liked this picture of George Strait playing a wedding. I wondered what he got paid.

FtfSLIm.jpeg

Cowboy Mouth is 100% fun.

I've always liked this picture of George Strait playing a wedding. I wondered what he got paid.

FtfSLIm.jpeg

Yep. Seen CM three times. They’d be awesome for a block party. I took some that had never seen them once and gave them some red spoons and told them they’d know what to do with them. Everyone had a great time and was sweating from the jumping and dancing.

Yep. Seen CM three times. They’d be awesome for a block party. I took some that had never seen them once and gave them some red spoons and told them they’d know what to do with them. Everyone had a great time and was sweating from the jumping and dancing.
They would play the Indy Rib Fest every year. Always a good time after a sampling of ribs and a few beers. I was in New Orleans for something at one point, maybe 20 years or more, and walked into a bar that they were playing at. There couldn't have been more than 150 people, but everyone was having a good time.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
4b76f6bfd3814f4a143046a285b3b574.jpg

This is who.

But that’s different. Van Halen is a legit group. Hell, I get Alicia Keys belting out “This girl is on fire” is worth a nice chunk of change if you have F U money. But even if I was the wealthiest man on the planet, why would I ever want some bum college football coach?

Can you imagine a Tom Allen speech? Yeesh. You’d have to pay me $20K to sit through it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT