ADVERTISEMENT

Caught Kyle Schwarber's game in Omaha last night

snowling

Hall of Famer
He looks to have slimmed down and toned up a bit. He was active behind the plate and in his coverages and caught a good game. At the plate, he was facing John Lamb (6'4", 205 lb, lefty) who seems destined to be called up soon to the KC Royals. Lamb got his 10th win of the season and had 10 Ks in 5 innings last night with 2 ER.
Kyle struck out swinging in his first two visits to the plate, He walked in the 6th inning and scored to tie the game at 3. He walked in his next plate appearance. He came to bat in the 9th with no outs, the bases loaded and his Iowa Cubs down 7-4. This was the only at bat he made much contact in any manner and he down swinging to post the 1st out of the inning. The Omaha Storm Chasers beat the Iowas Cubs 7-5. Kyle was 0-3 for the night (3 K and 2 BB).
It was a beautiful night and a fun time for a little baseball. Nice to see a former Hoosier playing on his way up to the bigs.

Go Hoosiers!

Snowling, did you play any high school or college ball. That is probably a dumb question, but I am rather new to the board. However, I am a big baseball fan.

Snowling, did you play any high school or college ball. That is probably a dumb question, but I am rather new to the board. However, I am a big baseball fan.
I did not; I had polio in 1952 (2 years before the vaccine). I was a manager and athletic trainer trainee in HS and was an athletic trainer at IU (covered swimming, women's basketball, rugby and everything that ran out of the now Wildermuth Center). I did try out and played part of one season in grade school. I loved the game, but I was physically unable to play effectively.
Thanks for asking.
Go Hoosiers!

Thanks for your response. I played for Goshen College in the early 60's. We were not very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT