ADVERTISEMENT

Cal St Fullerton to CWS and we swept them..

Baseball can be a cruel sport

Agreed. Really think if IU could have held on in the game against Vandy, they had about a 50/50 shot at making the CWS. Oh well on to next year. Hopefully all the starters and relievers come back and improve. Would love to see Coursen-Carr (sp) get back to what he was as a freshman. Then hope the new guys come in and compete right away. I am actually exited moving forward about the state of IU baseball.

Agreed. Really think if IU could have held on in the game against Vandy, they had about a 50/50 shot at making the CWS. Oh well on to next year. Hopefully all the starters and relievers come back and improve. Would love to see Coursen-Carr (sp) get back to what he was as a freshman. Then hope the new guys come in and compete right away. I am actually exited moving forward about the state of IU baseball.
Watching Vandy sweep Illnoise, I was impressed by the club. Solid pretty much everywhere..three quality starters and a pen full of arms, Dansby is for real, the 2nd baseman hits .312, Of shows good range. They were well schooled and fundamental. Executed the bunt game very well, hit well with men in scoring position...they could well win the CWS again.

Watching Vandy sweep Illnoise, I was impressed by the club. Solid pretty much everywhere..three quality starters and a pen full of arms, Dansby is for real, the 2nd baseman hits .312, Of shows good range. They were well schooled and fundamental. Executed the bunt game very well, hit well with men in scoring position...they could well win the CWS again.

No doubt about it that Vandy is an extremely good club. I think the thing that impressed me from IU's postseason is that with slightly better relief pitching and much better defense, they might have gone further. They were competitive in every game they played.

For next years team, I really hope they hit more consistantly and the starting pitching is similar to 2 years ago. That may be a pipe dream, but hey why not, I'm only a fan.

No doubt about it that Vandy is an extremely good club. I think the thing that impressed me from IU's postseason is that with slightly better relief pitching and much better defense, they might have gone further. They were competitive in every game they played.

For next years team, I really hope they hit more consistantly and the starting pitching is similar to 2 years ago. That may be a pipe dream, but hey why not, I'm only a fan.
Vandy had three players drafted in the 1st rd in the MLB draft on Monday including the first overall pick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT