ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Bostad was ILB coach from 2017-2021?

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
He was UW OL coach only in 2022. Learned that little tidbit preparing for the season today

I've been told that getting Bostad from Wisconsin was a steal and that he would revamp our OL because ofwhat he did at Wisconsin.

How do we know he is the answer as IU OL coach when he was actually Wisconsin's LB coach for 5 years?

He was UW OL coach only in 2022. Learned that little tidbit preparing for the season today

I've been told that getting Bostad from Wisconsin was a steal and that he would revamp our OL because ofwhat he did at Wisconsin.

How do we know he is the answer as IU OL coach when he was actually Wisconsin's LB coach for 5 years?
He was WIscosin OL coach 2008-2011 (pretty good years for the Badgers). Also Bucs and Titans OL coach.

Bostad’s Coaching Career
1990-91: Offensive Line, UW-Stevens Point
1992-94: Graduate Assistant (Offensive Line), Minnesota
1995-96: Offensive Line, California State Northridge
1997: Offensive Line, San Jose State
1998: Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line, San Jose State
1999-2005: Offensive Line, New Mexico
2006-07: Tight Ends, Wisconsin
2008-11: Offensive Line, Wisconsin
2012-13: Offensive Line, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2014-15: Offensive Line, Tennessee Titans
2016: Tight Ends/Fullbacks, Northern Illinois
2017-21: Inside Linebackers, Wisconsin
2022-present: Offensive Line, Wisconsin

He was WIscosin OL coach 2008-2011 (pretty good years for the Badgers). Also Bucs and Titans OL coach.

Bostad’s Coaching Career
Thanks! I should read further before posting.

I mentioned this some time ago when people were finding out who he was after we hired him. Joe Rudolph was their OL coach until he left a couple of years ago for Pitt. His previous stint there was very good, though. He’s top notch.

There is nobody on the Hoosier coaching staff at any level that has an impressive a resume as Bostad.

This morning I listened to Bell's rambling nonsensical update on the offense development. I remember Hiller's update where he said playing on the offensive line is very much like playing basketball but you can commit unlimited personal fouls.

I'm old and crotchety. Not get off my lawn.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: vesuvius13
His ILB were pretty good during the time he was coach also, which proves he’s a very good coach no matter the position!
He was a UW guy through and through and really wanted to be there, so they found a spot for him. When Rudolph left, they quickly moved him from defense to the O line. We’re very fortunate to have him, and hopefully he’s ours for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: td75 and vesuvius13

Bostad’s Coaching Career
Helpful.

Hey, I can identify with that. We should get together some time ... we can complain about kids today and their stupid rap music.
I hate how they always feel like the rest of the world wants to hear their music when they drive around. I hate that feeling I get when I'm at a stop light and the car in front has their bass cranked up. Like I'm about to have a heart attack. At my age that is not fun.

I hate how they always feel like the rest of the world wants to hear their music when they drive around. I hate that feeling I get when I'm at a stop light and the car in front has their bass cranked up. Like I'm about to have a heart attack. At my age that is not fun.

just crank up the beatles. maybe they will get the point (be ready to drive off though if they open their door) lol

I totally ignore it. I don't care how loud it is. I don't look around to see where it's come from - nothing. I just stare straight ahead.

I figure that deprives them of the attention they so desire.

I totally ignore it. I don't care how loud it is. I don't look around to see where it's come from - nothing. I just stare straight ahead.

I figure that deprives them of the attention they so desire.
I do the same thing. But if you have a sight angle and can see them without turning your head you notice they are looking everywhere for attention.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT