ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Connelly's SB Nation Indiana Football preview

tunk

All-American
Oct 7, 2001
www.urbanindy.com
This long stat-heavy article was posted yesterday, but i haven't seen it linked on here yet. Unlike many of ESPN's writers, he rightly recognizes that the 2014 IU defense was improved. He also mentions that this may be a make-or-break year for Kevin Wilson, which I think may be true. It would have to be tough to continue to recruit to the level we have for the past 3 years without a bowl appearance to show for it.

Reactions: Sope Creek
This long stat-heavy article was posted yesterday, but i haven't seen it linked on here yet. Unlike many of ESPN's writers, he rightly recognizes that the 2014 IU defense was improved. He also mentions that this may be a make-or-break year for Kevin Wilson, which I think may be true. It would have to be tough to continue to recruit to the level we have for the past 3 years without a bowl appearance to show for it.
Excellent article.

Here's what's to like: 2014 was a disappointing year, and we still won 4 games against generally a tougher schedule than IU had been playing previously, and against a generally tougher schedule than IU likely will play in 2015.

The big game early in the season this year will be against WKU. Take care of business in the other 3 preconference games, plus win against WKU and you're coming home from Wake to take on O$U before we've been beaten up physically by other teams; the depth issue shouldn't be so drastically against us in that game as it typically is playing O$U. Split with O$U and PSU and you've got Rutgers, Iowa and Michigan at home, plus PU away . . . 7-5, 8-4 and even 9-3 are plausible . . . 10-2 (O$U and MSU are bridges too far) is a dream that I wouldn't be embarrassed to put on the table.

Tuuuuunk!

You need to read my 35,000th post. I threw you a bone ... In glasses.

Tuuuuunk!

You need to read my 35,000th post. I threw you a bone ... In glasses.
Very nice post. Your memory is razor sharp.
I still dig the females with the glasses (from afar), but I've been married to a woman with 20/20 vision for 7 years now. Who knew?

Anyways, I'm still lurking on Peegs. That was my first post on this new topic view format.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT