ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone?

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
giphy.gif

WTF happened?

Topic view and the offseason?

I know I post here a lot less, but I didn't post here a ton to begin with.

Old Ben Stein. Was thought to be "Deep Throat" in the Watergate era until Mark Felt admitted it. What an interesting guy. Presidential speechwriter, turned actor and game show host. Smart dude.
And also a complete nutjob. Part right-wing fanatic, part conspiracy theorist, part just plain old loon.

I used to absolutely love "Win Ben Stein's Money."

Reactions: patrick593
And also a complete nutjob. Part right-wing fanatic, part conspiracy theorist, part just plain old loon.

I used to absolutely love "Win Ben Stein's Money."
Disagree.

He still shows up occasionally on the Fox business shows on Saturdays and knows his stuff. Lucid, logical, and somewhat topical. He is definitely right wing as he wrote speeches for Nixon and Ford. But the dude is right on for the most part.

Disagree.

He still shows up occasionally on the Fox business shows on Saturdays and knows his stuff. Lucid, logical, and somewhat topical. He is definitely right wing as he wrote speeches for Nixon and Ford. But the dude is right on for the most part.
Oh, he's smart. But he's also part nutjob. You can be both.

Dude's a hardcore creationist. Sorry, but that automatically makes him at least partially crazy.

Reactions: T.M.P. and MaxCoke
If you are stupid enough to watch Fox, I doubt you have the intellect needed to be offended. Retard.

People like you are ruining this country. People like you who think climate change isn't real, that big business needs are more important than the middle classes.

Do the world a favor. Die.

Reactions: MaxCoke
If you are stupid enough to watch Fox, I doubt you have the intellect needed to be offended. Retard.

People like you are ruining this country. People like you who think climate change isn't real, that big business needs are more important than the middle classes.

Enjoy your vacation!

I would suggest you seek some help and resolve those anger issues. You clearly are disturbed.

Anger? No, I just don't like people who are riddled with cognitive dissonance. People like you who slap "support our troops" stickers on their bumper and then votes for politicians who cut their benefits. Go to hell.

Anger? No, I just don't like people who are riddled with cognitive dissonance. People like you who slap "support our troops" stickers on their bumper and then votes for politicians who cut their benefits. Go to hell.
Wow. There are some HUGE generalizations and assumptions there. You're as bad to the left as you say he is to the right. WTF, dude? Truth is, MOST people are somewhere in the middle. It's nutjobs like you who perpetuate the divide.

Reactions: evvcabinetman
There will be a time when you grow up and become an adult. And when you do you will have to interact with many diverse people, with different opinions than your own. How you handle these situations will go a long way in determining your success and happiness in life.

It is one thing to disagree, it is quite another to demonize another human being for holding differing viewpoints. I am no therapist, but your aggressiveness in your condemnation of others probably signals a larger problem.

My point is simply to help another brother. I wish you the best.

Reactions: U81Too
One, it is not an assumption that the GOP is anti-veteran, because they are and their voting record in both the House and Senate proves that. Do your own research if you do not believe that. That party is also anti-science and pro-business to the point it affects the health of Americans by limiting their access to clean air, clean water, etc. These are facts. If you are a conservative and you vote conservative, you are simply a douchebag who doesn't give a rip about anyone but himself. It is that simple because you are voting against veterans, against the health and welfare of the future generations of Americans.
Sorry the truth hurts, douchebag.

Reactions: T.M.P.
One, it is not an assumption that the GOP is anti-veteran, because they are and their voting record in both the House and Senate proves that. Do your own research if you do not believe that. That party is also anti-science and pro-business to the point it affects the health of Americans by limiting their access to clean air, clean water, etc. These are facts. If you are a conservative and you vote conservative, you are simply a douchebag who doesn't give a rip about anyone but himself. It is that simple because you are voting against veterans, against the health and welfare of the future generations of Americans.
Sorry the truth hurts, douchebag.
The assumptions are about other people, shortbus. Quit being a raving lunatic long enough to recognize other's POV. Jeebus, you're a nutjob. Seriously. Get a grip.
It's funny. Rak IS a veteran and I've never heard him rant against the GOP like you did. smh

There will be a time when you grow up and become an adult. And when you do you will have to interact with many diverse people, with different opinions than your own. How you handle these situations will go a long way in determining your success and happiness in life.

It is one thing to disagree, it is quite another to demonize another human being for holding differing viewpoints. I am no therapist, but your aggressiveness in your condemnation of others probably signals a larger problem.

My point is simply to help another brother. I wish you the best.

Dude get that giant stick out of your arse..

thanks ..

The assumptions are about other people, shortbus. Quit being a raving lunatic long enough to recognize other's POV. Jeebus, you're a nutjob. Seriously. Get a grip.
It's funny. Rak IS a veteran and I've never heard him rant against the GOP like you did. smh

So is Ralphie.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
So is Ralphie.

You should hear my Dad, lifetime card carrying Republican, that's voted Dem for the very reasons Ralphie stated. He's even more pissed when he figured out that Obama was just as bad.

I try to tell him that they're all corporate shills, but he was born in a time where people believed authority was well, authority. He looks at me like I'm nuts. He actually thinks there's laws to stop them from doing that... lol. Old people .. geezus.

As you and I know, anyone that wants to become a politician, and then has the compensating power hungry nature to do so, basically has severe character flaws, and are giant douchebags. Though there may be a rare exception, I can't think of one. Not one.

Ben Stien doubly so, he's a double douchebag, not only has he become a politician but he's a celebrity too. The only thing in society lower than a politician (except human resource managers and orange coaches) is a person who seeks fame. Why does he need that much attention? We all know why.

So is Ralphie.
Well, my point stands. I also have a couple of relatives who served and they don't even go on rants like that. Both sides have SERIOUS FLAWS as it stands right now and to demonize the other to the point that you can't even have a rational discussion is why we're in such a $hit pool today. That behavior is, well, juvenile and extremist to say the least.

Well, my point stands. I also have a couple of relatives who served and they don't even go on rants like that. Both sides have SERIOUS FLAWS as it stands right now and to demonize the other to the point that you can't even have a rational discussion is why we're in such a $hit pool today. That behavior is, well, juvenile and extremist to say the least.

If the sides you're speaking of are Democrats and Republicans, well.. That's one only side. The corporate greed side. I'm on the other side.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosierdug
If the sides you're speaking of are Democrats and Republicans, well.. That's one only side, the corporate greed side. I'm on the other side.
You guys are way off. There are, in fact, genuine differences between the Dems and the Repubs. Both may be beholden to corporate interests, but only one is out there trying to cut social welfare, bust unions, deny science, insert the Bible in public schools and put women and blacks back in their place.

They are not only one side, unless you don't care about any of that.

Reactions: MaxCoke

The democrat party is a godawful terrible party that should never receive a single vote from anybody.

But at least they aren't republicans.

That sums up US political parties for me.

Freedom is spiritual.
Makes a man make up songs on the spot.
Politics ain't.
And don't.

On the other hand, some folks just won't let you alone until you kill them.

Life is ponder.

You guys are way off. There are, in fact, genuine differences between the Dems and the Repubs. Both may be beholden to corporate interests, but only one is out there trying to cut social welfare, bust unions, deny science, insert the Bible in public schools and put women and blacks back in their place.

Dammit, Goat. The TRUE Republican Party (as it USED to be) stood for small government and not tied to the religious right. The GOP you speak of is the reason that they've lost (and will continue to lose) the last 2 elections. In short, there are many more moderate Republicans today than you believe. That last part regarding women and blacks in your post is pure bullchit hyperbole. It just is.

Reactions: C-$
Dammit, Goat. The TRUE Republican Party (as it USED to be) stood for small government and not tied to the religious right. The GOP you speak of is the reason that they've lost (and will continue to lose) the last 2 elections. In short, there are many more moderate Republicans today than you believe. That last part regarding women and blacks in your post is pure bullchit hyperbole. It just is.
Well, if there are that many moderate Republicans, maybe some of them should run for office.

Oh wait, whenever there is a moderate Republican up for election, he loses to a Tea Party candidate in the primary.

Yeah, you guys have a ton of moderates.

Your party is dominated by radicals because radicals outnumber you at the moment. It's sad, but it is what it is.

And, you're right, the GOP will never sit in the Oval Office again until they address that problem. It's not possible for a far-right candidate to win the electoral college. It's simple math.

I should have added my standard disclaimer about them taking different sides on arbitrary morality and differences in social opinion, as and being the only difference. It's all lip service pandering for votes and to make people feel they really have a choice other than a corporate shill who is bought and paid for.

Sure the Dems are for unions, while we shut down unions. Both sides burn opium fields too, while heroin productions goes up. The Dems are all for our vets, while they cut their benefits more than the GOP. .

Not to dismiss those things as unimportant, but they truly don't matter when compared to the real issues. More people get fired up about abortion as a political issue than the corporation and their lobbyists raping society.

Misdirection.

Last edited:
I should have added my standard disclaimer about them taking different sides on arbitrary morality and differences in social opinion, as and being the only difference. It's all lip service pandering for votes and to make people feel they really have a choice other than a corporate shill who is bought and paid for.

Sure the Dems are for unions, while we shut down unions. Both sides burn opium fields too, while heroin productions goes up. The Dems are all for our vets, while they cut their benefits more than the GOP. .

Not to dismiss those things as unimportant, but they truly don't matter when compared to the real issues. More people get fired up about abortion as a political issue than the corporation and their lobbyists raping society.

Misdirection.

Pillary is the epitome of everything wrong with this world. Btw, what kind of democracy is this if it's illegel for me to run for President?

And the democrats are 80% sold out. Pubes 100%.

The only democracy this world has ever known was ancient Athens. We are a free people, so were many countries that were ruled by families, but our government has never truly been democratic. Democracy as a word was supposed to remove Monarchy from ruling us. All it did was spread the power to anyone with gross amounts of money, the Royals kept their power and big business became their best friends.

Same ole crap, different word. It's just a new (and old) aristocracy.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
I'd strongly argue that Dems have NOT cut more veteran's benefits than the GOP. The Dems have yet to underfund the VA by over a billion dollars, or force WW2 vets to pay for benefits they were guaranteed would be free, until GWB cut taxes for the wealthy 3 times while simultaneously creating more veterans with 2 unfunded wars.

I agree with you TMP to a certain extent that both parties suck. There are Wall Street democrats (Obama, Bill and Hillary) and then there are true democrats (Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren).

Moderate GOP members are nearly extinct, thanks Kochs, American Crossroads, Tea Nazis and Karl Rove's groups. If a GOP member tries to work with the Dems or doesn't agree with Big Business on something, he or she gets labeled a RINO and gets beat in the primary.

As a veteran, if you voted for any current member of the GOP house or Senate, thanks for ****ing veterans over. You suck.

I'd strongly argue that Dems have NOT cut more veteran's benefits than the GOP. The Dems have yet to underfund the VA by over a billion dollars, or force WW2 vets to pay for benefits they were guaranteed would be free, until GWB cut taxes for the wealthy 3 times while simultaneously creating more veterans with 2 unfunded wars.

I agree with you TMP to a certain extent that both parties suck. There are Wall Street democrats (Obama, Bill and Hillary) and then there are true democrats (Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren).

Moderate GOP members are nearly extinct, thanks Kochs, American Crossroads, Tea Nazis and Karl Rove's groups. If a GOP member tries to work with the Dems or doesn't agree with Big Business on something, he or she gets labeled a RINO and gets beat in the primary.

As a veteran, if you voted for any current member of the GOP house or Senate, thanks for ****ing veterans over. You suck.

As a veteran, I have voted for many GOP members because I prefer to keep what I earn. Maybe if they current administration weren't busy giving away money to people who don't deserve it [6 billion per year in social security disability fraud and another 10 billion in medicare/medicaid fraud, countless billions to non-residents, and the like] we could take care of the veterans, like you and me. Your crusade, while I'm sure driven by good-intentions, is short-sighted and only partially based in reality. Rail against both sides because they're both creating the problems. You're absolutely correct about moderate republicans getting beat in the primaries by Tea Partiers, we moderate republicans need to take back the party.

Oy...this whole thread just needs to be deleted. There are major violations going on here that I hope folks will make amends.......

As a veteran, I have voted for many GOP members because I prefer to keep what I earn. Maybe if they current administration weren't busy giving away money to people who don't deserve it [6 billion per year in social security disability fraud and another 10 billion in medicare/medicaid fraud, countless billions to non-residents, and the like] we could take care of the veterans, like you and me. Your crusade, while I'm sure driven by good-intentions, is short-sighted and only partially based in reality. Rail against both sides because they're both creating the problems. You're absolutely correct about moderate republicans getting beat in the primaries by Tea Partiers, we moderate republicans need to take back the party.
I'm disappointed in you. I figured you as an informed person. An informed person would know better than to blame "the current administration" for fraud in benefits programs. Fraud will always exist in those programs (and also welfare), but there isn't nearly as much fraud as there was ten years ago.

Unless you mean to blame the Democrats for the very existence of these programs, in which case, we'll take the blame.

His numbers on welfare abuse and entitlements are way off as well, which doesn't surprise me since he is a veteran that supports an anti-veteran party.

I'm disappointed in you. I figured you as an informed person. An informed person would know better than to blame "the current administration" for fraud in benefits programs. Fraud will always exist in those programs (and also welfare), but there isn't nearly as much fraud as there was ten years ago.

Unless you mean to blame the Democrats for the very existence of these programs, in which case, we'll take the blame.

Dems - You give a man your fish
Pubs - Let's teach a man to fish
Dems - You're racist
brooke-burke-american-flag-stars-stripes-bikini.jpeg

Kate-Upton-GIF-015.gif

dancing%2Bgirl.gif

female-political-hotties-1644668311-aug-14-2012-1-300x400.jpg

Dems - You give a man your fish
Pubs - Let's teach a man to fish
Dems - You're racist
brooke-burke-american-flag-stars-stripes-bikini.jpeg

Kate-Upton-GIF-015.gif

dancing%2Bgirl.gif

female-political-hotties-1644668311-aug-14-2012-1-300x400.jpg
Not quite...

Dems: Let's help this man who needs some fish.
Repubs: No way! My pond, my fish. I'll hire him to help me catch fish, but they will remain my fish.
Dems: But you don't pay your fishermen enough money for them to afford their own fish.
Repubs: Then they should get better jobs.
Dems: Then who will catch your fish for you?
Repubs: Illegal immigrants.
Dems: The same ones you publicly condemn for being here?
Repubs: The very same!

And on and on...

Not quite...

Dems: Let's help this man who needs some fish.
Repubs: No way! My pond, my fish. I'll hire him to help me catch fish, but they will remain my fish.
Dems: But you don't pay your fishermen enough money for them to afford their own fish.
Repubs: Then they should get better jobs.
Dems: Then who will catch your fish for you?
Repubs: Illegal immigrants.
Dems: The same ones you publicly condemn for being here?
Repubs: The very same!

And on and on...

Your post sux for 2 reasons

1. Not accurate
2. No hot

Reactions: twenty02 and C-$
ADVERTISEMENT