ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody heard from Marv?

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
I haven't looked how far back it's been, but I haven't seen him on the board in a while.

I see him on Facebook. Not sure how recently, but pretty sure within the last few days

That loser, glad he's gone.

A combination of being bored with politics and nothing seems to be happening. So I look in about once a day, confirm that nothing in the world is happening worth discussing, and leave. Thanks for asking.

Reactions: mjvcaj
That loser, glad he's gone.

A combination of being bored with politics and nothing seems to be happening. So I look in about once a day, confirm that nothing in the world is happening worth discussing, and leave. Thanks for asking.

Marv, thought about you in a post I almost made

This week, the NYT ran a story about the Japanese internment camp in Granada Colorado. The facts and stories around that history are disappearing as fast as the survivors die off. The meaning and lessons of that chapter in our history, if it ever was learned, has been forgotten years ago. There is a lot to know about why the Japanese Americans were evacuated relocated, and that has less to do with the demonstrated fears of sabotage than the bigotry and politics involved with FDR's order.

Have you seen American Pastime? A great movie about baseball and internment history.

Last edited:
In the long list of bad US decisions, the Japanese internment camps would be at or near the top. There is no defending FDR on it. In the movie on Takei they speak of life in the camps.I am sort of amazed we haven't done a major movie, or a Ken Burns series, on them. It was fear and bigotry, we never had evidence of fifth columnists. But what we had was a conviction they never could have executed such a destructive attack without inside help. hmm, sounds like 9/11 truthers.

Marv, thought about you in a post I almost made

This week, the NYT ran a story about the Japanese internment camp in Granada Colorado. The facts and stories around that history are disappearing as fast as the survivors die off. The meaning and lessons of that chapter in our history, if it ever was learned, has been forgotten years ago. There is a lot to know about why the Japanese Americans were evacuated relocated, and that has less to do with the demonstrated fears of sabotage than the bigotry and politics involved with FDR's order.

Have you seen American Pastime? A great movie about baseball and internment history.

I will watch that movie, it looks interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT