ADVERTISEMENT

Am watching a Twins-Redsox game on MLB and was

Leafhen1

Benchwarmer
Apr 26, 2014
surprised when Sam Travis came in to pinch run for Napoli. The announcer said a bunch of minor leaguers were invited to the game. Travis is in his second year of pro ball. He must of done pretty good last year. Can anyone give me any word on Travis on how he did last year?

Sam Travis just got an infield hit for the Red Sox in a spring game

against the Twins. I would guess that it was his first up bat and his first hit. Maybe he will play for the Red Sox Double A affiliate this year. That is where the Red Sox stack up their best prospects.

I guess I was wrong on two counts. Travis played in

two other games and had one hit in two at bats. In tonights game, Travis reached first on an error--not a hit. However, the announcer twice called it a hit. However, he got a double down the third-basee line in the 8th and drove in a run.

Re: I guess I was wrong on two counts. Travis played in

I was watching the game and listening to the Red Sox radio feed. One announcer said that Travis had an impressive quick bat and the other one said the Sox really liked Travis since he had right handed power. I don't know if he will start in Greenville, where he ended last season, or move up to Salem in High A or Portland, Maine in AA.

Thanks for the info. You seem to know a lot about the

Red Sox system. I have been a life long Red Sox fan. However, unlike you, I could not remembeer that Greenville and Salem were Sox farm teams. I was aware of Portland as some of those players go directly to the Red Sox. If Travis goes to Portland, that is pretty good.

Re: Thanks for the info. You seem to know a lot about the

Yes, I am. I've been a fan for 50 years and have attended numerous Red Sox games and also the farm teams, especially in the Midwest. It's been great the success since 2004 after so many close calls. I wanted to be the Red Sox governor of Indiana, but that went to a woman from Granger who (I believe) was only chosen since she was originally from Rhode Island. You might want to subscribe to MILB for $50 a season. You can watch all of the Sox teams in action except for the Fort Myers one. I enjoy it.

.I appreciate your response. It is good to hear from

old-time baseball fans. I was a diehard Red Sox fan all my life. Of course, Ted Williams was my idol. When I was in high school and college, the Red Sox were terrible. However, I lived and died with them every game. When I was a kid, I didn't realize that there were other Red Sox fans in Indiana. I never knew of any. I would watch Red Sox on T.V. when I could, but in those days they had to be playing the White Sox for me to see them. I finally got to Fenway Park following my college graduation. In the first game I ever saw the Red Sox play, Tony Conigliaro got hit in the face with a pitch. I am sure you remember that. What a tragedy.

Re: .I appreciate your response. It is good to hear from

Yes, I sure do remember Conigliaro's beaning. That was one of the reasons why I felt the Red Sox were cursed. They go into the 1967 World Series without him, the 1975 World Series without Jim Rice and still barely lost to Cincinnati when it was considered invincible, and the 1986 World Series without Tom Seaver when they very much could have used him.

I went to Fenway in 1975 and 1986 when the Sox went to the World Series both years. I felt I was a good luck charm. But then I went in 2001 and the good fortune didn't happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT