ADVERTISEMENT

Allen

It's mind boggling!! Not only is it sad but very scary at the same time. Cops get a search warrant for meth and find all this other sh!t.

Reactions: TominDallas
I thought it was a mistake to recruit this kid. He was originally headed to Ole Miss and we flipped him. What a waste of development time on our part. He has never been interested in academics, and always seemed like a wannabe gangster when you meet him in person.

Do we move Tegray to strong safety now...? I need to take a look at the roster.

I thought it was a mistake to recruit this kid. He was originally headed to Ole Miss and we flipped him. What a waste of development time on our part. He has never been interested in academics, and always seemed like a wannabe gangster when you meet him in person.

Do we move Tegray to strong safety now...? I need to take a look at the roster.

No way Tegray gets moved.

Who is the most likely replacement? The one kid I really like is Derek Driver. He has gotten up to 6'1" 205, and looks Big-Ten ready after a redshirt year. I see him at the IFC working out every day. He is gaining size this Summer.

I hate to say it, as Ben Davis is my local school, and I teach there as a substitute, but their graduates seem to have more than a normal share of character issues

Reactions: mk23
Who is the most likely replacement? The one kid I really like is Derek Driver. He has gotten up to 6'1" 205, and looks Big-Ten ready after a redshirt year. I see him at the IFC working out every day. He is gaining size this Summer.
No way.....I have known Derek and his family since he was in little league with my son in Ellettsville 15 years ago. Great kid...great family. DD went to Edgewood High School where he was a good player but not great. Very hard worker with his head screwed on correctly (his parents see to that). Speak to his dad all the time being our UPS man. DD walked on the IU program and is a bit of a late bloomer. Prolly will not see any playing time this year however.

Woo........what a blow!

Yea...cocaine was involved as well. Hope that extra grand or two was worth 30 years at ISP.

Sarcastically speaking, does this mean IU football is on the up? Look at the good programs, they all have multiple arrests and drug suspensions.

I expect Fields to be the starter

Yea...cocaine was involved as well. Hope that extra grand or two was worth 30 years at ISP.

Sarcastically speaking, does this mean IU football is on the up? Look at the good programs, they all have multiple arrests and drug suspensions.
Woo........what a blow!
Major blow....what the hell was he thinking??? YOU ARE GOING TO GET CAUGHT today, tomorrow or perhaps in a month or two. The pinnacle of arrogance.

Heartbreaking for the family. Hope the kid can turn his life around, but this one will take time.

He is obviously a great athlete, but this will be addition by subtraction.

Fields looks like the starter, Walton and Dawkins (pending if he gets reinstated) will provide depth. Incoming Freshmen Jameel Cook and Jon Crawford will both push for time. I've heard a lot of good things about Crawford recently from a writer who covered him in high school. Losing Allen hurts a lot, especially from an experience standpoint, as the team only returns 8 starts to the secondary (Dutra-1, Mullen-7). Mullen was not likely to be a starter this fall, projected as the team's nickelback. Right now I'd say Dutra and Fields at safety, and Green and Fant at corner. Padmore looked good in the spring as well, so he's another guy that will be looking for crack the two deep at corner.

How does this go on with all the friends, other people around him?
How does it get started? This was a business.

How does this go on with all the friends, other people around him?
How does it get started? This was a business.

It explains what Allen was doing with his copious amount of free time as a student athlete. He certainly wasn't spending much time on academics these past 2 years, that is a given. Good riddance to this kid. I hope we completely stop recruiting these wannabe gangster types of kids. He is an embarrassment and stain on IU football, and should never have been here based on his academic disinterest from day 1.

There is ZERO chance that the players are not aware of his activities. Unless he had absolutely no friends on the team that he hung out with, and even then, you would still think they knew about it. You can't sell drugs without people knowing you sell drugs…..

It explains what Allen was doing with his copious amount of free time as a student athlete. He certainly wasn't spending much time on academics these past 2 years, that is a given. Good riddance to this kid. I hope we completely stop recruiting these wannabe gangster types of kids. He is an embarrassment and stain on IU football, and should never have been here based on his academic disinterest from day 1.

Agreed. A failure on the part of Wilson and Glass. Allen was heavily recruited by three BIG teams right to the end (IU, MSU, and PU) but IU is the loser for winning the battle. I sincerely hope the kid can turn his life around, but IU needs to not recruit these troubled kids...and it was no secret he was troubled.

There is ZERO chance that the players are not aware of his activities. Unless he had absolutely no friends on the team that he hung out with, and even then, you would still think they knew about it. You can't sell drugs without people knowing you sell drugs…..

I think we will hear more about that, but unofficially. I just hope to God there are not more involved....who is his room mate?

Have you heard there are other players involved?
This is what I have been wondering. How is a teammate a drug dealer and nobody knows anything about it? Who was his roommate? I wouldn't live with a drug dealer. Saying nothing and living there is condoning it. Nobody wants to be a snitch, but if there is someone selling drugs like meth, cocaine, and heroin, I want them as far away from me as possible. I surely don't want him on the team knowing that the team will suffer when they get caught.

IU Athletics has to make it clear that if you know someone connected to the team is selling or using drugs, you have to report it. Failure to do so should be a suspension from the team. For users turned in by others, the first step would be to get them clean. If they agree to strict testing and continue to test clean, they can stay on the team with no penalties. The incentive here is that turning the person in doesn't jeopardize their career and is meant to help the person avoid future problems in life. If you get caught by random NCAA testing, automatic suspension. Sorry, you have taken it outside the program and you will have to be punished. If you are caught by law enforcement, automatic removal from the team until they are found innocent. Reinstatement would be based on a review of the case and not be based on the outcome of the legal system.

I am tired of kids taking our scholarship money and embarrassing the University and the other kids that are playing by the rules. I hope he gets his act together. He can take courses from prison. I hope he takes advantage of this and comes out a changed person.

Reactions: ORG
Hold on guys. I understand your thinking about why no one else knew what was happening. The only way that other teammates get busted is if they were participating. Just because they are on the same team does not make them a business partner with Allen.

Sounds like Allen and some of the basketball players should have formed an LLC on this one. Wonder if Devin and Hanner were clients?

I sincerely hope the kid can turn his life around, but IU needs to not recruit these troubled kids...and it was no secret he was troubled.

What was the reputation of the kid before IU? I never heard problems of the guy before he signed. Was this problems with the law?

Hold on guys. I understand your thinking about why no one else knew what was happening. The only way that other teammates get busted is if they were participating. Just because they are on the same team does not make them a business partner with Allen.

Please don't compare smoking pot with selling heroin and meth (with firearms).

Reactions: Reno.Hightower
This is what I have been wondering. How is a teammate a drug dealer and nobody knows anything about it? Who was his roommate? I wouldn't live with a drug dealer. Saying nothing and living there is condoning it. Nobody wants to be a snitch, but if there is someone selling drugs like meth, cocaine, and heroin, I want them as far away from me as possible. I surely don't want him on the team knowing that the team will suffer when they get caught.

IU Athletics has to make it clear that if you know someone connected to the team is selling or using drugs, you have to report it. Failure to do so should be a suspension from the team. For users turned in by others, the first step would be to get them clean. If they agree to strict testing and continue to test clean, they can stay on the team with no penalties. The incentive here is that turning the person in doesn't jeopardize their career and is meant to help the person avoid future problems in life. If you get caught by random NCAA testing, automatic suspension. Sorry, you have taken it outside the program and you will have to be punished. If you are caught by law enforcement, automatic removal from the team until they are found innocent. Reinstatement would be based on a review of the case and not be based on the outcome of the legal system.

I am tired of kids taking our scholarship money and embarrassing the University and the other kids that are playing by the rules. I hope he gets his act together. He can take courses from prison. I hope he takes advantage of this and comes out a changed person.

Find it hard to believe NO ONE had an inkling? He was further along then just first timer it appears.
So sad for the kid to have this opportunity just pissed away. Hope he has a chance for redemption ahead.

Great athlete, big hitter and would have been great asset this season. But as they say..."Next Man Up!" Sometimes opportunities lead to great things when they seem dark initially.

Agreed. A failure on the part of Wilson and Glass. Allen was heavily recruited by three BIG teams right to the end (IU, MSU, and PU) but IU is the loser for winning the battle. I sincerely hope the kid can turn his life around, but IU needs to not recruit these troubled kids...and it was no secret he was troubled.
I follow BD football pretty close, and am unaware of any issues with him in HS-not saying there weren't any, but "no secret" seems a stretch to me.

Find it hard to believe NO ONE had an inkling? He was further along then just first timer it appears.
So sad for the kid to have this opportunity just pissed away. Hope he has a chance for redemption ahead.

Great athlete, big hitter and would have been great asset this season. But as they say..."Next Man Up!" Sometimes opportunities lead to great things when they seem dark initially.
I hope it sends a message to anyone else thinking about doing something similar. He should be brought up as an example for future incoming players.

He had a team that had his back. Now he will have to watch his back for the next 10 - 30 years. Okay, probably 2-5 years.

I follow BD football pretty close, and am unaware of any issues with him in HS-not saying there weren't any, but "no secret" seems a stretch to me.

Rather than me, I will let the young man speak for himself. Check out his Instagram site.

If true, Allen has effed up his entire life. Prison life is harsh.
When he gets out, no one will want to hire him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT