ADVERTISEMENT

Alberto Mendoza

I don't think it has anything to do with figuring it out and everything to do with personnel and coaching/recruiting.

We had some studs on the Dline in Allen's first few years here. I think our recruiting dropped off in that area and our Defense wasn't the same after Wommack left.
Yes, Johnson kept McFadden and Jones clean … he was missed after he left. Allen’s approach was described as selling out to stop the run. The DT talent at PSU may keep Allen employed there a long time.

Compared to the last couple years at least we look stronger on paper at QB.
I don't recall many being impressed with Bazelak coming in, although we tried to be optimistic - many said he looked only decent at his previous school, but at least he had been a starter. Then last year we had nobody coming in, didn't even know who it would be.
More optimism about Kurtis Rourke .
And with injuries at QB always a possibility, I'm glad at least Tavven has taken snaps. And I believe could learn to play under this staff. Plus three other guys.
Depth is better.

I love the depth of our QB room but would be willing to bet that it won’t be as deep after the post-spring training portal opens. Just the way it is these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT